October 21, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141719 times)

June 16, 2018, 02:33:51 AM
Reply #600

eyesalwaysblue

Is Costa sill on his way here
I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 16, 2018, 02:35:20 AM
Reply #601

kramer0

I think our attackers are underrated after a full season of nobody being able to pass them the ball in the areas that matter.

We'll score enough if we can work the ball into final third with any sort of regularity.

June 16, 2018, 03:00:10 AM
Reply #602

Tony Clifton

Buzzing the World Cup's on tbh. Not gonna stress about signings at all.

Was thinking the same until I watched Carvalho dodge the ball for 94 mins tonight!

June 16, 2018, 03:17:47 AM
Reply #603

Bluedylan

I think our attackers are underrated after a full season of nobody being able to pass them the ball in the areas that matter.

We'll score enough if we can work the ball into final third with any sort of regularity.

Agreed. I also think they don't wanna change too much, too quickly. Brands was talking about crazy player turnover and how unstable it can be. It'll be 2 or 3 windows and gradually evolving the team with around 3 players per window, I think.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 16, 2018, 03:49:31 AM
Reply #604

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you not think we need something extra in attacking positions too. I guess if the centre midfielder was absolutely fantastic going both ways it would help a lot.
We really need another winger too though or we are relying on lookman to be great all season and we need another striker at some stage

Yeah we deffo do need a dangerous attacker and probably a striker - but we could probably live without and get 7th/8th maybe, but if we don’t get a CB, CM, and LB, we’d be fucked again.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2018, 03:55:02 AM
Reply #605

Shogun

Administrator

Exactly, we managed goals even with Allardyce having us 19th in most attacking rankings.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 16, 2018, 04:02:55 AM
Reply #606

dunkster

No tah to carvalho. Just looked like a lumbering night club doorman.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 16, 2018, 04:14:33 AM
Reply #607

blue slug

Wouldn’t mind that Ronaldo fella he looks decent

June 16, 2018, 04:31:39 AM
Reply #608

dunkster

Wouldn’t mind that Ronaldo fella he looks decent

He's just been awesome his whole career
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 16, 2018, 05:08:56 AM
Reply #609

Cozzie

Yeah. Tonight reaffirmed my worry with Carvalho.

Avoid.

June 16, 2018, 05:13:04 AM
Reply #610

blue slug

Avoid.

Yeah definitely swerve that one

June 16, 2018, 05:21:14 AM
Reply #611

KoemansNumberTens

Avoid.

He’s actually crap isn’t he. Just a plodder with a fancy name and a load of hype (from years ago) there’s a reason he’s still in Portugal. Be an absolute nightmare signing

June 16, 2018, 05:25:24 AM
Reply #612

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
First 20 minutes he was great I thought. Spain dominate midfield like nobody else though and they just had him pocketed after a little while.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2018, 05:29:05 AM
Reply #613

Cozzie

He’s actually crap isn’t he. Just a plodder with a fancy name and a load of hype (from years ago) there’s a reason he’s still in Portugal. Be an absolute nightmare signing

He's pure unadulterated shite mate.

Hes gotten away with it in that league as its average, hes done ok for Portugal as he has always been surrounded by class players.

He would get absolutely steam rollered in this league, he wouldn't bring anything to our midfield we don't already have, he would actually make it worse.

June 16, 2018, 07:44:14 AM
Reply #614

Bluedylan

He's pure unadulterated shite mate.

Hes gotten away with it in that league as its average, hes done ok for Portugal as he has always been surrounded by class players.

He would get absolutely steam rollered in this league, he wouldn't bring anything to our midfield we don't already have, he would actually make it worse.

He's a European Champion to be fair, and he keeps getting picked first choice for a strong international team in a key area.

Not going to pretend I watch him domestically but he's clearly a good player and has a lot going for him. It's tough to judge any midfielders against Spain.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.