December 16, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147384 times)

June 20, 2018, 10:26:20 PM
Reply #690

kramer0

Brands and Silva could do nothing but sell this summer and we'd still have enough to finish comfortably in the top half, probably even 7th or 8th.

There's no easy route to challenging the top 6 next season. It'll take at least a few windows.

I'm happy for them to take their time and get things right. We can't afford to waste any more money on players who don't suit what we want to do.

June 20, 2018, 10:32:09 PM
Reply #691

Macca77

Been in the job for 3 weeks and nothing! Where's all the signings Marcel? Marco? Farhad? Not you Bill, you don't matter as much

Raaaaar etc....

June 20, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
Reply #692

Gash

Global Moderator
is this just a me thing (probably yes)

Yeah, every summer you start similar threads.

June 20, 2018, 11:47:19 PM
Reply #693

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think itís fair enough to feel a bit of itchy feet due to the lack of action.

There are however 8 clubs in the prem whoíve not made a move yet. Itís very early in the window, and thereís a big togger tournament on apparently.

Letís get into July and then we can start sweating.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2018, 12:36:30 AM
Reply #694

Waltzer

I think itís fair enough to feel a bit of itchy feet due to the lack of action.

There are however 8 clubs in the prem whoíve not made a move yet. Itís very early in the window, and thereís a big togger tournament on apparently.

Letís get into July and then we can start sweating.

It is very early, but is also only 50 days until it closes. I think in that short a window it going to be really difficult to do the business we need, the worry for me will be the amount we need to shift and if our policy is to shift some of the dead wood before investing then this could leave us short due to the fact the other leagues window closes at a later stage. I think this season will be a transition and expectations shouldnt be too high

June 21, 2018, 12:40:19 AM
Reply #695

Cereal Killer

::)

"We need to reduce the squad before we buy anyone" or words to that affect from our DoF

No ones knocking on our door to buy our shit now Sunderland are in League One

June 21, 2018, 01:11:35 AM
Reply #696

Shogun

Administrator
More excited about getting rid of the shite we've got than bringing people in.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 21, 2018, 01:59:03 AM
Reply #697

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah, we've a few panic merchants around as usual. It's not like if we did nothing all summer the squad we have is going to get in trouble again, just a fresh approach and few more attempts on goal would be a step in the right direction.

I'd rather we used the summer to clear out the shite, bring two or three players in only if they will improve us and then let Silva and Brands asses the squad during the first part of the season. We're not going to turn it all around in one window so there's no point making wholesale changes yet again. I get the impression that there's bit more of an air of professionalism about the club now and we'll be doing things more methodically and away from the public eye.

June 21, 2018, 02:03:34 AM
Reply #698

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, we've a few panic merchants around as usual. It's not like if we did nothing all summer the squad we have is going to get in trouble again, just a fresh approach and few more attempts on goal would be a step in the right direction.

I'd rather we used the summer to clear out the shite, bring two or three players in only if they will improve us and then let Silva and Brands asses the squad during the first part of the season. We're not going to turn it all around in one window so there's no point making wholesale changes yet again. I get the impression that there's bit more of an air of professionalism about the club now and we'll be doing things more methodically and away from the public eye.

Agree. We are a decent enough squad. Itís vital we clear away someone of the expensive shite too rather than amass even more players

Having said that though we are also really desperate for a hero or 2. Hopefully lookman will step up but we really do have to find 2 or 3 more with the potential to be of ďtop 6 qualityĒ
We are a good squad but itís also an incredibly boring uninspiring squad too

June 21, 2018, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #699

eugene

Fully agree I believe we have learned a very wise lesson in keeping our cards firmly to our chests,
The media know absolutely nish with regards to our transfer plans and as such are in full speculative mode.
We will sign probably 3 good players on our terms and maybe 3 surplice players will leave.
THIS is what Brands will bring, dignified and a return to the days when we where seen as a team of pure professionalism and class and I for one am elated

June 21, 2018, 02:25:05 AM
Reply #700

Gash

Global Moderator
We are a good squad but itís also an incredibly boring uninspiring squad too

Largely because we had an incredibly boring, uninspiring manager for most of last season.

June 21, 2018, 02:28:24 AM
Reply #701

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is very early, but is also only 50 days until it closes. I think in that short a window it going to be really difficult to do the business we need, the worry for me will be the amount we need to shift and if our policy is to shift some of the dead wood before investing then this could leave us short due to the fact the other leagues window closes at a later stage. I think this season will be a transition and expectations shouldnt be too high

Yes, feels like we have a lot to do in a short space of time.

Would feel better if a few of the wage sponges had started to get shifted.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 21, 2018, 02:46:20 AM
Reply #702

KoemansNumberTens

Largely because we had an incredibly boring, uninspiring manager for most of last season.

I donít really agree. Weíve got good players but weíve very little who the 6 sides above us would be interested in. We donít have much individually that really excites. Iím hoping lookman steps up. We have to find a couple more though

June 21, 2018, 02:59:39 AM
Reply #703

Shogun

Administrator
I agree actually.

Thereís nobody in the squad youíd be excited to see in the lineup or coming on as a sub in a match.

We donít really have players who produce moments of magic consistently.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 21, 2018, 03:02:20 AM
Reply #704

D15TIN

::)

No ones knocking on our door to buy our shit now Sunderland are in League One

haha