October 22, 2018, 11:31:58 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141875 times)

June 28, 2018, 07:28:39 PM
Reply #930

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If next season niasse gets like 1000 minutes weíve failed in our recruitment.

And while heís not on massive wages, £50k can still be useful.

If heís barely playing then itís got to be considered, given his age and not likely to improve, that weíd be better off invested elsewhere

June 28, 2018, 07:30:20 PM
Reply #931

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
DCL also won some penalties that he didn't take.
My momma says I'm special.

June 28, 2018, 07:56:05 PM
Reply #932

Evertonian in NC

Ideally, Batshuayi would be the 1B striker (for me).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 28, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
Reply #933

Gash

Global Moderator
Willing to go on record saying if we do replace Niasse,  his replacement wont get as many goals as Niasse did last season.

If that's the case then we've not done our homework properly if a replacement scores less than 9 goals or only plays 1000 minutes.

June 28, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
Reply #934

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Ideally, Batshuayi would be the 1B striker (for me).

He's not leaving Chelsea because he wants first team football to come to us and be our second choice, is he?
My momma says I'm special.

June 28, 2018, 10:05:51 PM
Reply #935

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He's not leaving Chelsea because he wants first team football to come to us and be our second choice, is he?

He'd get plenty of time here.

June 28, 2018, 10:57:32 PM
Reply #936

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Everton are set to continue the clear-out of their squad. Morgan Schneiderlin is set to leave the club and sign for Marseille, Stoke City are interested in signing Ashley Williams and West Ham United are interested in signing Yannick Bolasie. (Source: Guardian)

Should start seeing some movement now.

Canít say any of those will be missed. Three players who all threw the towel in at some point last season.

June 28, 2018, 10:59:22 PM
Reply #937

Free Agent

Everton are set to continue the clear-out of their squad. Morgan Schneiderlin is set to leave the club and sign for Marseille, Stoke City are interested in signing Ashley Williams and West Ham United are interested in signing Yannick Bolasie. (Source: Guardian)

Canít say any of those will be missed. Three players who all threw the towel in at some point last season.

First time Iím happy West Ham are mentioned in the same sentence as us

June 28, 2018, 11:06:09 PM
Reply #938

Macca77

Could be a busy week for us then

June 29, 2018, 02:45:00 AM
Reply #939

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Did Bolasie?

Also - I know heís at a bad age but Danny rose is a great little player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 29, 2018, 03:03:25 AM
Reply #940

dunkster

Danny rose was only decent player out there tonight
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 29, 2018, 03:34:10 AM
Reply #941

howard1334

If that's the case then we've not done our homework properly if a replacement scores less than 9 goals or only plays 1000 minutes.

Any replacement for Niasse is probably going to play second fiddle to Cenk, and if that is the case, then they will be very hard pressed to get more than 9 goals. Niasse's strike rate was incredibly good this past season.

June 29, 2018, 03:35:48 AM
Reply #942

howard1334

I dont think that Bolasie threw in the towel -- i think he just wasn't good enough. Prior to the injury he showed some worth but he was not the same this year.

June 29, 2018, 03:37:44 AM
Reply #943

Shogun

Administrator
Donít like Danny Rose.

Spends 80 minutes of the match on his arse.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 29, 2018, 04:06:33 AM
Reply #944

Gash

Global Moderator
Any replacement for Niasse is probably going to play second fiddle to Cenk, and if that is the case, then they will be very hard pressed to get more than 9 goals. Niasse's strike rate was incredibly good this past season.

Nah, any replacement would be brought in to put pressure on Tosun or even take his place rather than just make the odd cameo and chip in some goals. Strikers probably more than any other position need kept on their toes so I'd expect any player brought in to be a decent upgrade on Niasse.