November 14, 2018, 10:19:57 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 143941 times)

July 04, 2018, 08:58:29 AM
Reply #1035

Robber Rodwell

Suprised no one has mentioned Boufal as a possible signing.  Anyone who has pissed of Mark Hughes is surely worth a shout lol.  Boufal on the left and Walcott on the right could be devastating.

July 04, 2018, 09:04:29 AM
Reply #1036

Thomas

Suprised no one has mentioned Boufal as a possible signing.  Anyone who has pissed of Mark Hughes is surely worth a shout lol.  Boufal on the left and Walcott on the right could be devastating.

He looks good. Especially interesting as they have just sold Tadic so they seem in need of money.

July 04, 2018, 09:05:55 AM
Reply #1037

Ramjam

Some quality goals there sixymack
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 05, 2018, 02:31:28 AM
Reply #1038

mikey_blue

I'd take a look at Lamina from Saints.

July 05, 2018, 02:40:46 AM
Reply #1039

Bluedylan

Does something miraculous every 15 games, and then goes back to being distinctly underwhelming.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 05, 2018, 03:11:28 AM
Reply #1040

D15TIN

I'd take a look at Lamina from Saints.
or Romeu

July 05, 2018, 03:20:01 AM
Reply #1041

Waltzer

Wait for the Klaassen swap rumours plus a bit of cash, he seems to get mentioned at some point with every apparent midfield target
Ha, how predictable..

Everton have reportedly joined the race to sign Inter Milan playmaker Joao Mario with West Ham United yet to make his loan deal a permanent one - which has seen the Portuguese World Cup star return to Italy.

Everton could prove a tantalising option to Mario, after working with new Toffees boss Marco Silva at Sporting. But the Toffees do boast what could prove to be a trump card in the race to sign Mario.
Indeed, Inter are interested in Toffees flop Davy Klaassen, according to TuttoMercatoWeb in April, after the Holland international struggled to prove even a tenth of his huge £25million transfer fee.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/04/everton-reportedly-want-joao-mario-and-they-boast-potential-trum/

July 05, 2018, 03:41:55 AM
Reply #1042

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Does something miraculous every 15 games, and then goes back to being distinctly underwhelming.

That is about it, isnít it really.

Hugely talented but very rarely shows it.

I think he does rank quite highly for key passes and stuff though, one day someone might get a mahrez-esque season out of him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 05, 2018, 09:44:27 PM
Reply #1043

blue slug

Watford Observer has us in for Richarlison for 40m apparently, cant see it myself

July 05, 2018, 09:48:06 PM
Reply #1044

Free Agent

Bit like Bolasie then

July 05, 2018, 09:49:09 PM
Reply #1045

Bluedylan

Bit like Bolasie then

But without the miraculous bit, for Bolasie.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 05, 2018, 10:35:48 PM
Reply #1046

D15TIN

Watford Observer has us in for Richarlison for 40m apparently, cant see it myself
I'd be furious if we spent that on him, he was good for the first 2/3 months of the season then nowhere to be seen from around Christmas onwards. I'd be tempted to spend big on doucoure though.

July 05, 2018, 11:50:44 PM
Reply #1047

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be furious if we spent that on him, he was good for the first 2/3 months of the season then nowhere to be seen from around Christmas onwards. I'd be tempted to spend big on doucoure though.
Think he's a pretty good prospect, but overpriced. Aren't all premier league players though?

In regard to his form drop off, he'd been playing football without a break for 2 years. That's bound to take its toll, especially in a new and very physical league with the manager who bought you leaving the club and tactics changing.

I reckon the drop off of doucoure in the second half of the season would be more of a worry. He only scored his goals (and fantasy football points) in the first half of the season. Can't remember anything creative of note in the second half of the season.

July 06, 2018, 12:30:43 AM
Reply #1048

Cereal Killer

Boufal
Lemina
Richarlison
Doucoure

Can tell there's no World Cup games and people are getting cranky  :headbang:

July 06, 2018, 12:55:58 AM
Reply #1049

kramer0

I like to think we'd have more sense than to move for any Watford players.

(Premier League premium) + (Watford hate us premium) = (horrible value for our money)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:58:30 AM by kramer0 »