September 22, 2018, 10:21:15 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 136012 times)

July 06, 2018, 01:17:15 AM
Reply #1050

Makis

My bet is Watford want to sell him now but don't want to anger the fans. So they leak this non-story so when they sell him to someone else the fans will go "at least he didn't go Everton!".

July 06, 2018, 02:06:38 AM
Reply #1051

blue slug

Quite a few online media news ahem outlets reckon we have actually tabled a bid of 21m for mina

July 06, 2018, 02:51:27 AM
Reply #1052

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
think almost whatever you paid for richarlison you could get back down the line
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 06, 2018, 04:06:19 AM
Reply #1053

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Watford have just signed an attacking left mid - the position Richarlison plays in.

Theyve also secured Deulofeu permanently now - 11.5 mil.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:20:59 AM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 06, 2018, 04:41:52 AM
Reply #1054

Thomas

think almost whatever you paid for richarlison you could get back down the line

Is he consistent enough to play for us?

Why did he go off the boil second half of the season last year?

Manager leaving?

I'm also weary of managers bringing their mates in. See Arouna Kone/Alcaraz for RM or Martina for Koeman.

July 06, 2018, 04:43:13 AM
Reply #1055

blue slug

Manager leaving?

I'm also weary of managers bringing their mates in. See Arouna Kone/Alcaraz for RM or Martina for Koeman.

I think the new manager wasn’t using him I read somewhere

July 06, 2018, 04:44:14 AM
Reply #1056

Thomas

I think the new manager wasn’t using him I read somewhere

Strange situation that.

I do worry he could be a kind of Shaqiri player who is good in peaks and troughs and cant be bothered tracking back.

July 06, 2018, 05:20:15 AM
Reply #1057

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Manager leaving?

Meh, hard to say. Young player, they’re prone to patchy form.

I think it doesn’t take much to see he’s got an extremely high ceiling. He’s potentially an elite attacking player who could get you 10+ goals a year from out wide. With his frame and technical ability as well, I could see him having a mane-sized output.

Would pay £40m in a heartbeat to be honest with you.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 06, 2018, 05:31:32 AM
Reply #1058

Bob Sacamano

Meh, hard to say. Young player, they’re prone to patchy form.

I think it doesn’t take much to see he’s got an extremely high ceiling. He’s potentially an elite attacking player who could get you 10+ goals a year from out wide. With his frame and technical ability as well, I could see him having a mane-sized output.

Would pay £40m in a heartbeat to be honest with you.

Is anyone else reportedly in for him? 40 seems like megabucks. But I guess wide forwards are the guys costing you at the mo, so would probably cost that much for a similar PL player (similar in terms of age, form when he was bossing etc.). Wasn’t The kid from Villa quoted at a similar price?

July 06, 2018, 05:34:56 AM
Reply #1059

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is anyone else reportedly in for him? 40 seems like megabucks. But I guess wide forwards are the guys costing you at the mo, so would probably cost that much for a similar PL player (similar in terms of age, form when he was bossing etc.). Wasn’t The kid from Villa quoted at a similar price?

Ugh grealish £40m? That would kill you that wouldn’t it. He’s a nice little player like but a £40m player surely tears the Chamionship apart? Those lads that were at wolves bossed it and I don’t think they’re £40m are they?

July 06, 2018, 05:37:33 AM
Reply #1060

Bob Sacamano

Ugh grealish £40m? That would kill you that wouldn’t it. He’s a nice little player like but a £40m player surely tears the Chamionship apart? Those lads that were at wolves bossed it and I don’t think they’re £40m are they?

Must be the English element. Sure I read 40 for that kid though. I only think I’ve seen him have a good game against the neighbours and that’s it. Does good stuff and I like the idea of him being good but overall I’m very 🤷‍♂️ about him.

July 06, 2018, 08:02:10 AM
Reply #1061

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is he better than Lookman who’s also in the same position?

Brands said we’re not buying players we’ve already got in the same position. Unless Lookman is leaving.

But is Ricarldson better? Is he 10 mill better? 20 mill better?
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 06, 2018, 08:08:35 AM
Reply #1062

Evertonian in NC

Brands said we’re not buying players we’ve already got in the same position. Unless Lookman is leaving.

I prefer Lookman, myself.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 06, 2018, 09:07:53 AM
Reply #1063

howard1334

From what I have seen, I think they are pretty different players. Both are fast, but Richarlison seems stronger, more direct, and better in the air, while Lookman is probably more creative and plays with a bit more guile.

July 06, 2018, 11:25:56 AM
Reply #1064

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Grealish is going to Spurs for £20m.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.