November 18, 2018, 11:35:00 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144789 times)

July 12, 2018, 09:16:55 PM
Reply #1215

Waltzer

Not entirely surprised about our lack of activity tbh, disappointed yes, but not surprised. Every year when we have spent 'big' its mainly been down to the fact that its been offset by a major outgoing, should that be Lukaku or Stones in recent years. Moshiri hasn't ever really dipped his hand in his pocket to the extent some think. Yes the wage bill might've increased, which he clearly didnt appreciate hence the need to offload a fair few this month, but with us having no superstar that we can flog for stupid money it was always going to be a modest spend.

July 12, 2018, 09:19:01 PM
Reply #1216

D15TIN

Not entirely surprised about our lack of activity tbh, disappointed yes, but not surprised. Every year when we have spent 'big' its mainly been down to the fact that its been offset by a major outgoing, should that be Lukaku or Stones in recent years. Moshiri hasn't ever really dipped his hand in his pocket to the extent some think. Yes the wage bill might've increased, which he clearly didnt appreciate hence the need to offload a fair few this month, but with us having no superstar that we can flog for stupid money it was always going to be a modest spend.

4th highest PL net spend since 2014, agree with everything else you said there though

July 12, 2018, 09:31:47 PM
Reply #1217

American Evertonian

Disappointing when I see West Ham making signings almost every day now. Don't think they will all pan out but they likely have made a couple good signings.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 12, 2018, 09:37:03 PM
Reply #1218

D15TIN

Disappointing when I see West Ham making signings almost every day now. Don't think they will all pan out but they likely have made a couple good signings.
They'll improve, but not as much as their fans think they will. Still a lot of average footballers in their squad.

July 12, 2018, 09:47:25 PM
Reply #1219

Rodenplav64

Fuck me Jean Michel Seri has gone to Fulham . One of the best midfielders in France in the last couple of seasons . Just the sort of creative player we need .

July 12, 2018, 09:49:11 PM
Reply #1220

Lxxx

They'll improve, but not as much as their fans think they will. Still a lot of average footballers in their squad.

I don't know how you can be so sure about it. All they have to do is improve slightly and they're in the mix for 7th, which is about what their fans could hope for.

July 12, 2018, 09:58:13 PM
Reply #1221

D15TIN

I don't know how you can be so sure about it. All they have to do is improve slightly and they're in the mix for 7th, which is about what their fans could hope for.
Their manager is washed up and couldn't do it in the Chinese league, id question his hunger for it at this stage of his career, we ''weren't impressed'' when we interviewed him in 2016.

Couple of players could be good, they signed a RB on a free from Fulham. Yarmolenko is on a decline in his career, had a bad time at Dortmund and ended up at west ham. Wilshere I actually like, but if he's hit with injuries etc etc.

That diop has arrived with a decent reputation, but we'll see how he gets on in a different, more physical league (nobody else bid I don't think). Think they'll finish between 9th-11th

As we found out last summer a lot of signings at once doesn't work very often, I think we'll see an improvement from them but don't think they'll be troubling many teams
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:59:21 PM by D15TIN »

July 12, 2018, 10:00:34 PM
Reply #1222

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need three or four quality signings in the key positions we know about. We don't need to go mental like last season.

Our players are decent, they got us 8th despite arguably the worst feeling season in living memory.

New manager, new outlook and a long term vision that is sustainable is more important than short term desires. Expect another season of transition, but one where we progress rather than regress.

Not worried, as long as we're being entertained and have something to shout about now and again for next season as our new management system establishes itself. Next summer is where I want to see us evolve more.

It's just the beginning.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 12, 2018, 10:02:38 PM
Reply #1223

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Yup, Mina, Tierney, Loftus-Cheek, and Lozano should do. With a dozen dead wooders got rid of.

July 12, 2018, 10:39:50 PM
Reply #1224

blue slug

Yup, Mina, Tierney, Loftus-Cheek, and Lozano should do. With a dozen dead wooders got rid of.

If that was our summer transfer activity I would be in absolute euphoria

July 12, 2018, 10:49:42 PM
Reply #1225

Juanito

Fuck me Jean Michel Seri has gone to Fulham . One of the best midfielders in France in the last couple of seasons . Just the sort of creative player we need .

He is everything we wanted Klaassen to be.

July 12, 2018, 11:32:41 PM
Reply #1226

Martip

Surprised we were not after Seri at that price. Looks a good player to me.

July 12, 2018, 11:41:31 PM
Reply #1227

Paddockoldie

I thought Lozano was off to utd? I thi k we'll get what we need over what we want...

July 13, 2018, 12:15:12 AM
Reply #1228

D15TIN

Just seen Carroll and Reid out until mid October. SSN

July 13, 2018, 04:48:19 AM
Reply #1229

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Joyce saying we’re after Mina and Lucas Digne.