November 18, 2018, 03:22:31 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144750 times)

July 29, 2018, 04:13:35 AM
Reply #60

Waltzer

Boss player. Too old though.
Too many people worried about age on here,  I don't give a f##k if we sign a 50 year old if he's boss for 1 season. 1 year of football is a long time and can result in people getting sacked, qualifying for the champions league or rank outsiders winning the league. Let's just get the best that's available irrespective of age.

July 29, 2018, 04:23:58 AM
Reply #61

Waltzer

And when we have to replace them all again next year? Age has to be a factor
If we signed some 30+ year old that had a worldy,  banged in 20+ goals,  got us champions league it transforms us and makes our strategy completely different.  You could look at it using pickford as an example,  we sign a young up coming player, does really well then all of a sudden there's interest from 'top' teams for him as he's young. We will end up losing him,  so what's the difference? Yes we get a bit more cash but who cares,  it's about the here and now,  squads don't stay together for years anymore and build like they used to

July 29, 2018, 04:34:21 AM
Reply #62

Waltzer

Of course but there's the same risks attached to an older player as there is to a younger 1. We could sign up and he be shit with even less sell on value as the shite we have now
I completely agree,  but I'm just saying we shouldn't disregard players cause they're around 30. One of the best defenders  I've seen at Everton was David Weir and we signed him when he was 29/30 and had about 6 good years out of him,  not every player is the same just cause they're older

July 29, 2018, 04:43:54 AM
Reply #63

Waltzer

Agree but it does depend on price too. There's value at all ages
100%, although reading it back I think I'm going through a mid life crisis trying to evidence the benefit of an ageing population!!

July 31, 2018, 02:50:12 AM
Reply #64

Waltzer

Each spoke has its own scale based on the averages for the league usually I think?

Not mixedknuts of statsbomb but attached is one from football radars which is inspired by his work.
So he tackles a lot, but then gets dispossessed? Kind of counter productive isn't it!

August 01, 2018, 02:26:31 AM
Reply #65

Waltzer

I guess it could be Dowell.... but i fear the fans will turn on him the same as they did for Barkley... they expect miracles from kids..

If Siggy plays as a ten, I hope its besides Gana and Besic/Baninime, with Siggy in the centre of a midfield 3... He's pretty naff as a ten behind the striker..

Davies as a ten is just terrible, He's more like a Lee Carsley,, but with out the passing ability... id say a #8.
Don't think people expect miracles, they expect them too perform to a certain standard though. He'll get a fair crack of the whip if selected, like Barkley was on more than enough occasions.  Giving the ball away and showing little effort to get it back probably won't be tolerated and rightly so

August 01, 2018, 04:36:50 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

Tiny whispers about Rondon, his move to Newcastle has stalled amid interest from another Premier League club

Was rumours he was going on loan to Newcastle wasnt there, id be happy for him to come here on loan. Dont think hes a long term solution, but would add depth

August 01, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
Reply #67

Waltzer

Apparently has a £16m release clause

Crazy to say it but 16 million isnt much is it for a 28 year old, he had a decent record in Spain too and did okay for West Brom considering they're the most negative team on earth

August 05, 2018, 03:29:52 AM
Reply #68

Waltzer

Alan Myers seems to think that 2 or 3 will come in before the deadline.
Has to be 3 minimum

August 05, 2018, 03:48:53 AM
Reply #69

Waltzer

I'd be surprised if we get 2
End up with another cb for sure then a loan deal for batshuayi or drinkwater

August 07, 2018, 12:41:18 AM
Reply #70

Waltzer

Reckon if we are that desperate we may go back in for Mangala on loan? Got injured before really getting the chance to show us anything.

Even though I reckon hes a bag of shite another loan deal could make sense.
If he's fit id take him back, better than Keane

August 08, 2018, 01:54:43 PM
Reply #71

Waltzer

Say if we get Mina and Bernie - good window? Bad window? Out of ten?

Id go 5/6 based on the fact anyone we sign now wont probably feature for the first few games, in fact id be surprised if it isnt just Richarlison that plays against Wolves? If we got them in earlier and gave them a chance to settle in and be prepared for the season it would probably be an 8

August 08, 2018, 01:56:11 PM
Reply #72

Waltzer

Be a decent move considering how longs left in the window

Everton are homing in on Chelsea centre-back Kurt Zouma after growing frustration in their bid to prise Yerry Mina from Barcelona, according to the Times.

The newspaper claim the Merseyside outfit are “close” to signing the defender, 23, in what is likely to be a loan deal.

The Times report Chelsea are willing to offload Zouma for the 2018-19 campaign even though he signed a six-year contract a year ago and is highly rated.

August 08, 2018, 03:07:01 PM
Reply #73

Waltzer

5 out of 10? And I’m meant to be the forum misery

:) High standards!! But thats based on where we are, lots of speculation that could improve it but assuming we get Bernard or Mina done today you're not going to see them probably for the first few weeks of the season. Zouma might be different as he'd be up to speed a bit more. Like I said if they were done a month ago it'd be an 8 as I think the signings themselves are really good, just think its very late for so many bulk changed to have an impact. But id rather have them than not so its good all-round.

August 09, 2018, 12:53:41 AM
Reply #74

Waltzer

Bernard is exactly the type of signings we need...I only fear that the crowd wont take him to his heart as the majority of us often appreciate the work rate of a Naismith over the skills of a Bernard-type.

Still worried that we are not linked with any striker as that is a position vital to strenghten.
Things like this wind me up a bit.  Every fan would rather have a player with the x factor over a work horse,  but they're not and never should be mutually exclusive.  Just cause you've got talent it doesn't mean you shouldn't try and work hard for the team. I just want players to give their all for the shirt, it's not a massive ask.