November 15, 2018, 12:12:57 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144073 times)

July 15, 2018, 06:06:56 AM
Reply #1320

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Brilliant. Clearly Shaw's main concern is picking up massive wages, on a free transfer, rather than playing football and rebuilding some semblance of a career.

Awful attitude. Wouldn't have him within a million miles of us.

As per my earlier post I wouldn't take anything that Duncan Castles says as gospel, just do a quick google of his ass-kissing of and doing the dirty work for Mourinho.  Not saying that it's not potentially true that Shaw is a lazy bastard who doesn't care about his career but I'd would be very dubious that this isn't Castles doing a PR job for Mourinho.

July 15, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Reply #1321

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I still remember after Shaw had played maybe a small handful of games for Southampton and I happened to hear Stan Collymore on the radio declaring he'd be England's LB for the next 10 years and Baines should be set aside (after finally getting his chance) to make way for the future.

Amazing how long players can coast on hype.

If he can't get his arse in gear to make a go of it at Man United with all their resources, unless he has a massive wake up call he's never going to make it at the likes of us.

Doesn't sound like there was much too it anyhow, it could've even been the last regime. Kinda how we were linked with Wilshere for so long.

July 15, 2018, 12:53:23 PM
Reply #1322

Waltzer

If we can't find the right deal for us, just go with Baines and Robinson for the season. I can't see that being too bad tbh, and it would give Robinson plenty of opportunities to develop.

Dont know much about him really but is Robinson ready to step up? Seems a big ask for someone who couldnt get game time last year when we never had a left back, or was he out on loan?
We cant be in a position again where we are relying on Martina if Baines got another injury. I think this is one of the most critical signings for us this year

July 15, 2018, 01:35:44 PM
Reply #1323

Jamokachi

Dont know much about him really but is Robinson ready to step up? Seems a big ask for someone who couldnt get game time last year when we never had a left back, or was he out on loan?
We cant be in a position again where we are relying on Martina if Baines got another injury. I think this is one of the most critical signings for us this year

He was at Bolton all season, played a lot. Got called up to the USA squad this summer off the back of it.

It really grates me when people take an opportunity to moan without doing their homework.

July 15, 2018, 02:22:18 PM
Reply #1324

Waltzer

He was at Bolton all season, played a lot. Got called up to the USA squad this summer off the back of it.

It really grates me when people take an opportunity to moan without doing their homework.

It wasnt a moan, it was a question followed by a statement regarding Martina? As you appear to have watched him do you think he is ready to deputise?

July 15, 2018, 02:33:19 PM
Reply #1325

Jamokachi

It wasnt a moan, it was a question followed by a statement regarding Martina? As you appear to have watched him do you think he is ready to deputise?

Apologease if that's the case, it came across a bit "ffs why haven't we signed a LB yet".

Nah, I've barely seen anything of him with my own eyes, only read a few articles as to how he got on during the season. By all accounts he did himself proud, and playing two friendlies for the USMNST is testament to that. Plenty feel he will kick on this season, but whether that's another loan we'll see. There's a bit of difference between Bolton and Everton after all, but the lad's showing great promise.

July 15, 2018, 02:37:42 PM
Reply #1326

Waltzer

“It’s not Chelsea, it’s not Tottenham, it’s Everton.”

That’s how TyC Sports from Argentina reported the Toffees’ chase for the Boca Juniors midfielder Wilmar Barrios.

Even though the Blues and the Spurs were being pointed out as most likely destinations for the 24-year-old, it’s now claimed that Everton are the club who recently made an enquire for the player.

TyC claims that Barrios is currently protected by a €18m release clause. But if the Toffees accept to buy him now and only get him in December, at the end of the South American season, then he could leave for less.

A contact from a Premier League club has been confirmed by the Boca Juniors president Daniel Angelici this Friday. Without revealing the name of the interested side, the official only claimed that ‘it’s a big possibility’ that Barrios could be moving to England.

Angelici also promised Boca Juniors fans that he’s not selling any players before December. But if Barrios’ release clause is paid, the president probably doesn’t have much to do to stop it.

July 15, 2018, 02:44:04 PM
Reply #1327

Jamokachi

July 15, 2018, 02:53:13 PM
Reply #1328

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 15, 2018, 02:54:04 PM
Reply #1329

Jamokachi

Got a Betty Rubble one?

Only if we get linked with a Betty ;)

July 15, 2018, 03:54:14 PM
Reply #1330

Coyney83

Shaw is a clown, we'd be well served to avoid him. Bang average player since his injury + looks as though he struggles with his weight, which could well talk to the suggestion of an attitude problem.

As an aside, I am really surprised that no one has been linked with Nathan Ake this summer. He has looked excellent on the occasions I have seen him play, is naturally left sided and with respect to Bournemouth, looks ripe for a move to a bigger club.

July 15, 2018, 04:15:17 PM
Reply #1331

gizzblue

Got a Betty Rubble one?

Ah a man with real taste  nod
Born not made a blue .

July 15, 2018, 04:22:14 PM
Reply #1332

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Barrios is very good.

But do we need him?

July 15, 2018, 04:43:37 PM
Reply #1333

GrantyBoy78

Shaw is a clown, we'd be well served to avoid him. Bang average player since his injury + looks as though he struggles with his weight, which could well talk to the suggestion of an attitude problem.

As an aside, I am really surprised that no one has been linked with Nathan Ake this summer. He has looked excellent on the occasions I have seen him play, is naturally left sided and with respect to Bournemouth, looks ripe for a move to a bigger club.
Probably down to value. B’mouth paid £20m for him and you’d imagine they’d want double that.

July 15, 2018, 04:47:03 PM
Reply #1334

Free Agent

Shaw is United’s Luke Garbutt
Move along