December 10, 2018, 01:06:16 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 146781 times)

July 15, 2018, 04:55:32 PM
Reply #1335

Free Agent

Diego Laxalt (source: scum on Sunday)

Left sided midfielder, played at the WC for Uruguay.
Looked rather weak whenever I watched him play, admittedly only twice.

He has Pienaars hairstyle though  :thumbsup:

July 15, 2018, 06:46:41 PM
Reply #1336

Trowel

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marco-silva-explains-everton-sign-14910766

Marco Silva is confident Everton's power brokers will deliver the “players I ask them for” with less than a month of the transfer window left.

The Blues have yet to make a signing this summer but Silva confirmed their targets have been agreed upon with director of football Marcel Brands and that club officials are working hard to add to them to the ranks.

Everton must also reduce the size of their squad this summer and are hoping to work with a group of 25 players for the Portuguese coach's first season at Goodison.

Ramiro Funes Mori and Wayne Rooney have been sold, Joel Robles has left on a free and Luke Garbutt has gone on loan but a significant number of departures are still required as Everton reduce their wage bill to make way for new recruits.

And Silva remains confident the Blues will land their transfer targets before the August 9 deadline.

“We have to do it," Silva told the ECHO.

“It is something we have to do.

“We have our targets and we have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad.

“We believe in all of our players but, for sure, we will do that and we have decided our targets.

“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”

Everton, last week, walked away from talks with Celtic over left-back Kieran Tierney while they are in discussions with Barcelona about signing centre-half Yerry Mina.

Silva, it is believed, also wants to strengthen his midfield and attacking options this summer.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 15, 2018, 06:52:03 PM
Reply #1337

Toffee1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marco-silva-explains-everton-sign-14910766

Marco Silva is confident Everton's power brokers will deliver the “players I ask them for” with less than a month of the transfer window left.

The Blues have yet to make a signing this summer but Silva confirmed their targets have been agreed upon with director of football Marcel Brands and that club officials are working hard to add to them to the ranks.

Everton must also reduce the size of their squad this summer and are hoping to work with a group of 25 players for the Portuguese coach's first season at Goodison.

Ramiro Funes Mori and Wayne Rooney have been sold, Joel Robles has left on a free and Luke Garbutt has gone on loan but a significant number of departures are still required as Everton reduce their wage bill to make way for new recruits.

And Silva remains confident the Blues will land their transfer targets before the August 9 deadline.

“We have our targets and we have already decided the positions we want to improve in our squad.

“We believe in all of our players but, for sure, we will do that and we have decided our targets.

“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”

Everton, last week, walked away from talks with Celtic over left-back Kieran Tierney while they are in discussions with Barcelona about signing centre-half Yerry Mina.

Silva, it is believed, also wants to strengthen his midfield and attacking options this summer.

Was just reading that on the Echo site but the adverts etc.. were getting on my nerves, so thanks for posting the text - much easier to read.

July 15, 2018, 07:12:55 PM
Reply #1338

Tinga

I mean they better otherwise what's the point?

July 15, 2018, 07:16:40 PM
Reply #1339

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Barrios is very good.

But do we need him?

El Kante colombiano.

Very similar to gueye surely though?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 15, 2018, 07:18:13 PM
Reply #1340

Mayor Farnum

Have they just replaced the name Koeman with Silva and done a copy and paste from last season?

July 15, 2018, 07:23:16 PM
Reply #1341

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
El Kante colombiano.

Very similar to gueye surely though?

Defo in the mould of player so I don’t really see the point in signing him, especially if we’re going 4-3-3.

July 15, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
Reply #1342

penguinofdoom1878

Everton fans during summer, as a ball isn't kicked and we forget what it was like last season...'not worried about no players coming in, be good to see what the manager can do with W,X,Y & Z they're all good players, just poorly managed, this lot finished 8th under Allardyce ffs'

Transfer window closes - Everton win 3 out of the first 10 games...

Everton fans - 'we should have signed at least 4/5 players during summer, cant believe we didn't do look at West Ham/Leicester/Wolves etc...did their business early, we'll just get to January with what we have build from there'

Everton win 5 on the bounce during December...

Everton fans - 'no point going nuts in January paying over inflated prices, this lot are decent look at Vlasic he's back from 3 months out and assisted 4 in his last 5 we'd be daft to bring anyone in now'

Everton lose the first 6 of the new year and exit the FA Cup

'ffs Everton, ok its going to be at least 3 windows building'

Everton finish 8th - summer starts... 'not worried about no players coming in...' repeat

we all do it

July 15, 2018, 08:43:02 PM
Reply #1343

Macca77

Yes Marco you beautiful man you

July 15, 2018, 08:51:14 PM
Reply #1344

kramer0

Defo in the mould of player so I don’t really see the point in signing him, especially if we’re going 4-3-3.

Baningime is also that sort of player. And younger. And homegrown.

So yeah, no point.

July 15, 2018, 08:59:09 PM
Reply #1345

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes Marco you beautiful man you

Shades of koemans comments before last season there.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 15, 2018, 09:02:55 PM
Reply #1346

Waltzer

Defo in the mould of player so I don't really see the point in signing him, especially if we're going 4-3-3.
Personally I think Gueye is an extremely limited player and offers nothing going forward. I know not everybody has to contribute to all attacking play etc, but I don't think it's hard to improve on him. His erratic play and school boy mentality of chasing the ball everywhere,   whilst endearing to fans as its full blooded and committed, leaves us woefully short and pulls our players all over the place.

July 15, 2018, 09:11:25 PM
Reply #1347

Hawkandro

Reading Marco Silva's comments after seeing similar from Koeman last summer just makes me think of the Fast Show sketches:

"Well darling, did you get all the bits I asked for?"

"Even better than that..."
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 15, 2018, 09:12:17 PM
Reply #1348

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I think Gueye is an extremely limited player and offers nothing going forward. I know not everybody has to contribute to all attacking play etc, but I don't think it's hard to improve on him. His erratic play and school boy mentality of chasing the ball everywhere,   whilst endearing to fans as its full blooded and committed, leaves us woefully short and pulls our players all over the place.

I love him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggled in the near future with the reshaping the midfield needs.

July 15, 2018, 09:25:50 PM
Reply #1349

Waltzer

I love him but I wouldn't be surprised if he struggled in the near future with the reshaping the midfield needs.
I do enjoy watching him,  but when you look at how overrun we sometimes are there seems to be a direct correlation with him being miles out of position. I also have it in my head that Schneiderlin is  the much better player and a lot of the stick he gets is cause he's pulled all over the place due to Gueye never being where he should be