November 21, 2018, 04:02:20 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 145085 times)

July 16, 2018, 09:36:38 PM
Reply #1365

Bluebridge

91 pages and not a sausage
Thank you, was just deciding what to make for tea  :thumbsup:

July 16, 2018, 10:34:10 PM
Reply #1366

Macca77

I'm concerned

July 16, 2018, 11:06:47 PM
Reply #1367

Cozzie

I'm not so much concerned, just more bored.

Thankfully the world cup helped stem some of it but one of my favorite things about the close season is signing players.

I don't want us to sign for the sake of signing of course but it's just boss signing players.

Thankfully the window shuts before the season starts so we have no choice but to have our signings in before a ball is kicked.

July 16, 2018, 11:27:05 PM
Reply #1368

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Iím as much concerned about the lack of shipping players out and reliving the wage bill as I am about the lack of signings, so far we have shipped out Rooney and Mori, anyone else gone out on loan that we are not covering the wages for ? Itís almost as if we are back to the sell to buy days !

July 16, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
Reply #1369

GrantyBoy78

Iím not worried to the extent of calling out Moshiri as a fraud like some bellends, however, Iím getting a bit concerned our lack of movement in the market may cause us have a slow start to the season.

July 16, 2018, 11:31:30 PM
Reply #1370

GrantyBoy78

I'm not so much concerned, just more bored.

Thankfully the world cup helped stem some of it but one of my favorite things about the close season is signing players.

I don't want us to sign for the sake of signing of course but it's just boss signing players.

Thankfully the window shuts before the season starts so we have no choice but to have our signings in before a ball is kicked.
Yep. Obviously itís not for want of trying and Iíd hate to see signings for the sake of it, but FFS Everton, you sure know how to kill a vibe.

July 16, 2018, 11:33:30 PM
Reply #1371

Waltzer

Iím not worried to the extent of calling out Moshiri as a fraud like some bellends, however, Iím getting a bit concerned our lack of movement in the market may cause us have a slow start to the season.

Im not calling Moshiri out, although the initial optimism of what we might have achieved under him has well and truly sailed into the distance. Ive said it before, everything hes done has been to his own benefit and increased his potential return. He has done some amazing things, or is in the process of doing them, so providing they come off itll be worth it. But I dont see us challenging for anything other than the top 6-10 positions for the foreseeable future. I want more, as most people do, but im not expecting the levels of investment needed to get us there.

July 16, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
Reply #1372

Bluedylan

Think the Silva comments in the press was the club reassuring the fans that things are going on behind the scenes, and players will be bought.

That was more than enough for me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 16, 2018, 11:37:24 PM
Reply #1373

Ross

The lack of outgoings of big wage wasters is just as urgent as incoming transfers.

23 days, 23 hours and 23 minutes to go and massive work to be done.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 16, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
Reply #1374

kramer0

Unfortunately, this is what happens when Walsh/Koeman/Allardyce are allowed to stretch the club to its the financial limits.

As currently constructed, our biggest issues are CB/LB depth and midfield passing. I'm optimistic that we can sort those three areas after we unload a few big earners.

If you're looking for silver linings in all of the inactivity, here are a couple:

(1) We have a lot of young talent already on the books, players that can improve a lot given regular minutes in a cohesive side. This group includes Holgate, Davies, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Dowell, Vlasic, and Baningime. I'll even throw Pickford and Keane in here. The former has already shown glimpses of quality and isn't anywhere near his prime as a keeper yet. And I think the latter has more to show under a manager who organizes the team better and can make use of his underrated ball-playing ability.

(2) If you don't do anything, you can't do anything stupid. Which, after the past few summers, is a victory of sorts.

July 16, 2018, 11:44:01 PM
Reply #1375

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Need to see some movement in the coming days.

Just over three weeks until the close of the window and weíve brought nobody in with the majority of the deadwood still here as well.

July 16, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Reply #1376

Macca77

If we haven't brought anyone in by this weekend them I'm upgrading to full on panic mode

July 16, 2018, 11:55:39 PM
Reply #1377

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Reading the last 3 pages the thought came to mind of:   Calm down, calm down.

Not deemed disrespectful when coming from a born Scouser is it?
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

July 17, 2018, 12:36:47 AM
Reply #1378

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Im not calling Moshiri out, although the initial optimism of what we might have achieved under him has well and truly sailed into the distance. Ive said it before, everything hes done has been to his own benefit and increased his potential return. He has done some amazing things, or is in the process of doing them, so providing they come off itll be worth it. But I dont see us challenging for anything other than the top 6-10 positions for the foreseeable future. I want more, as most people do, but im not expecting the levels of investment needed to get us there.

Why would you not expect everything to be done to be to his own benefit and for his own return?  And what levels of 'investment' were you expecting over what has been put in already?
My momma says I'm special.

July 17, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
Reply #1379

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
If we haven't brought anyone in by this weekend them I'm upgrading to full on panic mode

Does that involved swapping the bulb?
My momma says I'm special.