November 22, 2018, 01:49:04 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 145114 times)

July 17, 2018, 12:37:33 AM
Reply #1380

School of Science

It must be frustrating for Silva when last year, Koeman and Allerdyce where throwing money around left, right and centre and then he takes over......Don't really care what people say on here, every manager wants his own players to pick from. Managers live and die by their results.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 17, 2018, 12:43:43 AM
Reply #1381

Macca77

Does that involved swapping the bulb?

I was actually gonna put that on the original post but thought better of it in case it sounded silly.

July 17, 2018, 12:58:40 AM
Reply #1382

Lxxx

I’m as much concerned about the lack of shipping players out and reliving the wage bill as I am about the lack of signings, so far we have shipped out Rooney and Mori, anyone else gone out on loan that we are not covering the wages for ? It’s almost as if we are back to the sell to buy days !

It's almost as if no-one wants our overpaid players.

July 17, 2018, 01:09:26 AM
Reply #1383

Waltzer

Why would you not expect everything to be done to be to his own benefit and for his own return?  And what levels of 'investment' were you expecting over what has been put in already?
I wouldn't,  you'd want to protect your investment and grow its worth if possible. But you need to remember he set the bar pretty high with some of the statements when he arrived and when you look at it objectively were no better off on  the pitch than we were before his arrival. Appreciate its not his fault,  but he has been responsible for putting a lot of people in place that have failed

July 17, 2018, 01:10:25 AM
Reply #1384

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
It's almost as if no-one wants our overpaid players.

Or they do and know we need to get rid so will wait until deadline day to get a more favourable deal.
My momma says I'm special.

July 17, 2018, 01:17:08 AM
Reply #1385

Waltzer

Or they do and know we need to get rid so will wait until deadline day to get a more favourable deal.
And that's kind of the worry, if we genuinely need to offload a few before getting others in it could be a hectic last few days of the window.

July 17, 2018, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #1386

TheTone

Loads will be happening Everton wise over the next few weeks, patience the lads

July 17, 2018, 01:23:06 AM
Reply #1387

Lxxx

That fact itself, if it turns out to be accurate as time goes on, tells it's own story. Clubs aren't that arsed at losing out on a Klaassan or a Williams or a Sandro but if they're still available in 3 weeks then they'll throw in a derisory offer knowing there's a high likelihood we won't drive a hard bargain at such a late stage.

July 17, 2018, 01:23:18 AM
Reply #1388

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are we still saying that everyone concerned is a philestine and that all true and real followers of the beautiful game know the truth that it doesn’t matter at all we’ve not signed anyone with four weeks to go?

We are? Ok grand.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2018, 02:08:29 AM
Reply #1389

MmmblueBernard

Loads will be happening Everton wise over the next few weeks, patience the lads

Err yeah. It pre-season.... 

;)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 17, 2018, 02:26:57 AM
Reply #1390

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We need to remember that we’re not signing 6-7 players come what may this window.

We know, and all the noises seem to agree, what are the most pressing areas so there’s no real need to panic there.

Is there, or should there be blind confidence that we’ll sign 3 top class players this summer?

No. We know the score and have seen it too often to know things are rarely that simple.

I do have confidence that we will a) make decisions with the longer term in mind but also b) if push comes to shove I’m sure we’ll cover the immediate need.

Not signing a good striker was bad enough last season but not signing one at all, even on loan was awful.

I doubt we’ll see that sort of scenario again.

And re shifting players, the only ones that move early in the market are either people who are really wanted or desperate to get away.

Most of ours won’t fall into those groups but I’d be surprised if most of the people we don’t want aren’t moved on, if only in the short term.

July 17, 2018, 02:33:59 AM
Reply #1391

D15TIN

We need to remember that we’re not signing 6-7 players come what may this window.

We know, and all the noises seem to agree, what are the most pressing areas so there’s no real need to panic there.

Is there, or should there be blind confidence that we’ll sign 3 top class players this summer?

No. We know the score and have seen it too often to know things are rarely that simple.

I do have confidence that we will a) make decisions with the longer term in mind but also b) if push comes to shove I’m sure we’ll cover the immediate need.

Not signing a good striker was bad enough last season but not signing one at all, even on loan was awful.

I doubt we’ll see that sort of scenario again.

And re shifting players, the only ones that move early in the market are either people who are really wanted or desperate to get away.

Most of ours won’t fall into those groups but I’d be surprised if most of the people we don’t want aren’t moved on, if only in the short term.
Likes of klaasen, Williams and mirallas will leave on deadline day on loan probably.

July 17, 2018, 02:36:30 AM
Reply #1392

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Likes of klaasen, Williams and mirallas will leave on deadline day on loan probably.

If all else fails even if they leave post deadline day on an awful wage split then at least they’re playing somewhere.

July 17, 2018, 02:44:06 AM
Reply #1393

Waltzer

Another new name and another number 10....

Everton are among several clubs in the hunt to sign River Plate playmaker Gonzalo Martinez, according to Calcio Mercato.

The Italian news outlet claims that Lazio, Southampton and Tottenham are also interested in signing the 25-year-old Argentine, who has an Italian passport which means that there should be no issue when it comes to gaining a work permit if he was to move to Europe.
Martinez’s agent Marcelo Simonian is said to have jetted into the UK recently amid interest from the Premier League and elsewhere.
Calcio Mercato adds that the attacker, who can play as a No 10 or on the left wing, has a £13.2million release clause in his deal at River Plate.

July 17, 2018, 02:49:11 AM
Reply #1394

Evertonian in NC

(2) If you don't do anything, you can't do anything stupid.

I can't believe I am the only one to like this so far.  This is a massive step forward for Everton.

/obligatory WHERE'S THE KLASSEN MONEY, BILL?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin