September 17, 2019, 11:18:12 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 171728 times)

July 17, 2018, 03:50:44 PM
Reply #1425

Lxxx

I think some of the nervousness is coming from the lack of any movement, in or out. If we were offloading a player a week over the summer I think we'd be a lot calmer as you know we'd be nearer our goal of wage reduction, which will lead to freeing up space for incomings. I'm sure we're working overtime at the minute but our new found media discretion, which is a good thing in my view, leads to fears we're not up to much.
I think the acid test will come in a fortnight if we've not managed to shift any more of our highly paid shite and the prospect of starting the new season with last seasons team gets closer to reality.

July 17, 2018, 03:53:25 PM
Reply #1426

Macca77

The thought of having Williams and Martina on the bench let alone the pitch is terrifying me

July 17, 2018, 04:12:17 PM
Reply #1427

Jamokachi

Just as a gauge for transfer fees, Ahmed Musa is being linked with a £40m move to Saudi Arabia.

Ahmed Musa.

£40m.

Ahmed. Musa.

July 17, 2018, 04:34:57 PM
Reply #1428

Juanito

July 17, 2018, 04:35:18 PM
Reply #1429

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
We can still get rid of players though after our transfer window has closed as think most other countries stays open till the end of the month

July 17, 2018, 04:56:02 PM
Reply #1430

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Offloading Rooney and Mori was massive in terms of shifting wages. I'm weirdly happy for Martina to stick around. He's happy to be in and out the squad and can provide a back up as this choice in two positions. Williams though being ahead of Jags or Holgate would make me very sad.  Without buying a centre back he will stay though

July 17, 2018, 06:14:55 PM
Reply #1431

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

One of only three teams yet to make any signings
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 17, 2018, 06:17:50 PM
Reply #1432

GrantyBoy78

If weíre still in this position in 3 weeks time, is it still on Koeman/Walsh for the mess they left or do the current regime have any accountability?

Not shit-stirring, genuine question.

July 17, 2018, 06:19:19 PM
Reply #1433

blue slug

I'm not to worried at the minute but I can understand why some are. I will start flapping if its still the same by the end of this month though

July 17, 2018, 06:29:55 PM
Reply #1434

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we’re still in this position in 3 weeks time, is it still on Koeman/Walsh for the mess they left or do the current regime have any accountability?

They left us in a worse state than Walter Smith.

It will take a good few transfer windows to right all their wrongs unfortunately.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 17, 2018, 06:34:53 PM
Reply #1435

blue slug

They left us in a worse state than Walter Smith.

It will take a good few transfer windows to right all their wrongs unfortunately.

I said that myself a few weeks back, really is in a state our squad is

July 17, 2018, 06:59:33 PM
Reply #1436

arteta4spain

Hmm itís a tough decision as I see
the need to be financially prudent but weíre at a stage were we need to making strides and sometimes that means it comes at a cost literally. Iíd get the players in and then sort the squad out. Or do it at the same time. It feels like we always, no pun intended, hamstring ourselves with our late activity. It seems that maybe the reason itís taken so long to get someone like Moshiri in is because heís been the only one whoís very similar in the way Kenwright conducts business.
And maybe were a little scared of repeating last seasonís debacle and getting fleeced. I understand why people arenít too fussed yet. Thereís been a few cool links but nothing really concrete apart from the Tierney bid.
As people have said, things are probably going on that weíre not privy to.

July 17, 2018, 07:04:53 PM
Reply #1437

Hawkandro

If we’re still in this position in 3 weeks time, is it still on Koeman/Walsh for the mess they left or do the current regime have any accountability?

It's still down to wages apparently; until we get the wage bill down by quite a bit we won't be bringing anyone in.

How true this is, I dunno.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 17, 2018, 07:18:24 PM
Reply #1438

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's still down to wages apparently; until we get the wage bill down by quite a bit we won't be bringing anyone in.

We know that the squad is too big and needs reducing. Thereís no debate here.

There are some players on big money who contributed nothing last year at all.

That needs sorting either by moving them out or, if they stay, getting them to do something.

This isnít like some of the Moyes era summers where we had 9 fit senior players (start of 08/09, for example) or whatever so itís not surprising that there isnít loads of activity.

But Iíd assume that Tierney would have happened had they had a lower valuation, as we need another LB.

For every other position it is a question of quality, not numbers.

July 17, 2018, 07:21:38 PM
Reply #1439

blue slug

That's worrying if that's the case, its hard to get rid of the shite we want to get rid of when they are on a decent whack with us