August 17, 2018, 02:33:26 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 128688 times)

July 18, 2018, 12:27:43 AM
Reply #1470

gizzblue

Id (as I've said hefore) be quite happy to go to Christmas with what we have and the youth ready to break into our team too,give everyone a chance and let Marco work his majic also can't wait for Tosun to get his start in an actual attacking side .

But if we get a few in that's great but I'm not in the buy buy buy column at all .

Wanna see what Marco can get from this team that fucking Sam Allardyce got to where we finished last year ....my nan could manage this team to 8th despite west ham throwing money round.

July 18, 2018, 12:30:01 AM
Reply #1471

Ross

We need new signings, significant signings, every club does. It gives the squad a boost, increases competition, and gets the fans excited for the up coming season.

New signings are more important this summer almost more than any other as well given we’ve just appointed a new manager and a new DoF, they need proof of the ambition they’ll have been sold on.

It’s fine people not being concerned but I doubt there’s anyone out there wants to see the likes of Williams pulling the shirt on again this season, or Martina as the only viable option to Baines if he takes a knock or simply needs a rest, or’s happy to think of Klaassen or Sandros 4th or 5th manager in 12 months thinking they’ve not got what it takes to compete in this league and just has them sat at Finch Farm on massive wages.

It’s time we got a move on, every other clubs active we need to improve our squad ourselves or risk falling backwards as others improve or the gap to the top increases again this year.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 18, 2018, 12:32:49 AM
Reply #1472

stirlingblue

As long as we avoid mercenaries/journeymen then I’m happy.

Silva seems like on of those managers who only works well if teams buy into what he is doing so we want young, hungry players who can learn

July 18, 2018, 12:32:57 AM
Reply #1473

eugene

Hell yea let’s just roll with what we’ve got I mean we won 22-0 the weekend🤭

July 18, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Reply #1474

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We need new signings, significant signings, every club does. It gives the squad a boost, increases competition, and gets the fans excited for the up coming season.

New signings are more important this summer almost more than any other as well given we’ve just appointed a new manager and a new DoF, they need proof of the ambition they’ll have been sold on.

It’s fine people not being concerned but I doubt there’s anyone out there wants to see the likes of Williams pulling the shirt on again this season, or Martina as the only viable option to Baines if he takes a knock or simply needs a rest, or’s happy to think of Klaassen or Sandros 4th or 5th manager in 12 months thinking they’ve not got what it takes to compete in this league and just has them sat at Finch Farm on massive wages.

It’s time we got a move on, every other clubs active we need to improve our squad ourselves or risk falling backwards as others improve or the gap to the top increases again this year.

We do need new signings, and I think we'll get them.
I don't think we will see players like the last few transfer windows though.

I think it'll be low key, subtle signings, possibly a few well scouted youngsters.

The only position we may go for a big name signing is left back.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

July 18, 2018, 12:39:56 AM
Reply #1475

Macca77

We made a huge mistake in not signing a left back last summer, we can't do that again. 4 signings are needed, left back, centre half, attacking midfielder and a striker

July 18, 2018, 12:43:38 AM
Reply #1476

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Aspirations would be crack top 6, next step top 4
But, we have to realise too that all the top 6 can drop 50m at will on top players who will want to play for them.
We cant do that. Last season we spent a fortune trying to keep up but bought what look now to be the wrong players at exorbitant prices
I mean of all of them, Bolaise was incredible!!
But, we spent what we spent, we have who we have.
I would be of the opinion that we now seem to have a squad of very decent players, and a manager and DOF that seem to know what they are about. Trust them, lets see what they can do with what we have and if its not working then fair enough.
I honestly wouldn't be all that shocked if by Christmas Sandro is in the goals, we are all raving about the "real" davy klassen etc etc and things are going well.
I just don't think not signing anyone would be a "DISASTER" We still have a strong squad lads, we do!

Our own manager wants to sign players. Brands I'm pretty sure wants to buy players. If we're putting our trust in these guys expertise...surely we should be buying some players.

I can't even believe it's a discussion. It would be terrible management to go into this season not having addressed certain positions.

July 18, 2018, 12:45:44 AM
Reply #1477

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Frustrating how often players we are after publicly say they do not want to sign for us.
Humiliation sucks
This Barrios lad saying he is aware of our interest but wants to see who else is in for him first.....
Doucoure saying watford to efc would be a sideward step, countless lads down the years ruling themselves out of moves to Goodison
real eye opener as to where we think we are, and where we really are

It's just ignorance of the club though by young foreign players. Think how many players who have taken the chance in the past have seen how big the club is and fallen in love with it.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 18, 2018, 12:50:16 AM
Reply #1478

Tofifee

Do people want to sign new CB's to play or to cover?
Do you want to let Holgate go? Keane?
They wont stick around if not playing lads
Would you be happy top lose Holgate to bring in Yerry whatshisname???

July 18, 2018, 12:51:48 AM
Reply #1479

Ross

We do need new signings, and I think we'll get them.
I don't think we will see players like the last few transfer windows though.

I think it'll be low key, subtle signings, possibly a few well scouted youngsters.

The only position we may go for a big name signing is left back.

I’m beginning to think we’ll only see one maybe two permanents and a loan or two given we seemingly can’t shift some of the chaff out permanently. We just can’t keep adding big contracts to the wage bill if we’re not shifting the wasters out, it’s only kicking the can down the road and in 12 months time we’d be up to our necks in it.

If that’s the way it is, so be it, but we’ve got to starting making in roads now given the clocks ticking down because there’s a lot of work to be done with both incomings and out goings.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 18, 2018, 12:52:43 AM
Reply #1480

bluenuck

Shocking starting to see people try to justify that zero signings this summer is okay.

July 18, 2018, 12:53:45 AM
Reply #1481

kramer0

Brilliant news if Barrios has said that.

We have plenty of run-around-and-tackle types. We don't need what Barrios brings at all.

Edit: Maybe not brilliant news because why are we interested? But still, I'd be happy if he doesn't play here.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:57:41 AM by kramer0 »

July 18, 2018, 12:56:33 AM
Reply #1482

D15TIN

Frustrating how often players we are after publicly say they do not want to sign for us.
Humiliation sucks
This Barrios lad saying he is aware of our interest but wants to see who else is in for him first.....
Doucoure saying watford to efc would be a sideward step, countless lads down the years ruling themselves out of moves to Goodison
real eye opener as to where we think we are, and where we really are

that doucoure quote was fictional, one of their fans made it up on twitter

July 18, 2018, 12:58:01 AM
Reply #1483

D15TIN

Do people want to sign new CB's to play or to cover?
Do you want to let Holgate go? Keane?
They wont stick around if not playing lads
Would you be happy top lose Holgate to bring in Yerry whatshisname???
im not a fan of Keane at all, think he's very slow and lacks confidence - id rather Holgate and Mina as a CB partnership, lacks a bit of experience but we could play with a higher line, which will be important to the way Silva will want to play

July 18, 2018, 01:00:55 AM
Reply #1484

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Shocking starting to see people try to justify that zero signings this summer is okay.

Who's saying that?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: