December 19, 2018, 09:36:17 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147703 times)

July 20, 2018, 11:34:25 AM
Reply #1635

AllyBlue14

Don't forget, it wasn't long ago Moshiri was saying 'money is no object'. I may have missed it, but to my knowledge there has been no word to the contrary. I like to think Brands may have suggested he pipe down and stop flagging up to all and sundry that they can take us to the cleaners.

Rather than getting rid of players because we're desperate for the money, perhaps they're just keen to run the club more responsibly.

July 20, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
Reply #1636

Ramjam

Don't forget, it wasn't long ago Moshiri was saying 'money is no object'. I may have missed it, but to my knowledge there has been no word to the contrary. I like to think Brands may have suggested he pipe down and stop flagging up to all and sundry that they can take us to the cleaners.

Rather than getting rid of players because we're desperate for the money, perhaps they're just keen to run the club more responsibly.
Also remember Kenwright saying that if our manager wants a particular player and that player wants to come to Everton, we will bring that player to Everton and nothing will stop that happening, or words to that effect.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 20, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
Reply #1637

School of Science

Also remember Kenwright saying that if our manager wants a particular player and that player wants to come to Everton, we will bring that player to Everton and nothing will stop that happening, or words to that effect.

TBH like Malcolm for instance think we are trying, it's just the lure of the champions league clubs is too much to resist in these times. Money is no object and Everton are not one of these elite clubs. Christ it's frustrating, but I believe our best shot at getting one of this type of player, will be the last few days of the window, when they've got no where else to go.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 20, 2018, 02:29:48 PM
Reply #1638

Trublue

TBH like Malcolm for instance think we are trying, it's just the lure of the champions league clubs is too much to resist in these times. Money is no object and Everton are not one of these elite clubs. Christ it's frustrating, but I believe our best shot at getting one of this type of player, will be the last few days of the window, when they've got no where else to go.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. Our transfer window closes 3 weeks earlier than everywhere else. I have no idea why we did this?  Something about going into the season with a settled squad. 

July 20, 2018, 02:43:10 PM
Reply #1639

Macca77

July 20, 2018, 02:52:12 PM
Reply #1640

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One half of me is no news is good news. Brands is getting stuff done behind the scenes.

Another half of me is flapping that we havenít got anyone in and it doesnít look likely weíre doing any business soon.

Thereís been enough talk for me to think ok we maybe havenít flown out the blocks but plenty of time left for this to be a successful window.

However, like I say, Iím not having it still that we shouldnít be sweating on our lack of activity, we absolutely do need to make moves and I repeat that we should hold the club to some kind of standard.

They told us nothing was going to be the same, and then proceeded to sell stones, barkley, deulofeu, lukaku.

I get it, most of them had to go and thatís fine, but we need to start picking up CL level talent again, very soon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 03:06:26 PM
Reply #1641

Bluedylan

There’s been enough talk for me to think ok we maybe haven’t flown out the blocks but plenty of time left for this to be a successful window.

However, like I say, I’m not having it still that we shouldn’t be sweating on our lack of activity, we absolutely do need to make moves and I repeat that we should hold the club to some kind of standard.

They told us nothing was going to be the same, and then proceeded to sell stones, barkley, deulofeu, lukaku.

I get it, most of them had to go and that’s fine, but we need to start picking up CL level talent again, very soon.

I think your expectations are too high, for the situation we currently find ourselves in. We're rebuilding after a shitstorm with a different group of people, who deserve a chance to rectify things and 'nothing will be the same' needs putting on the backburner for a bit.

The motto for this season should be summat like 'cleaning up other people's shit'.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 20, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
Reply #1642

ajax_andy

Last summer we spent the entire time trying to romance Giroud to come here, and when he didn't we were left high and dry

I'm all for ambition but I hope our lack of activity hasn't been a result of yet again trying to pursue unrealistic targets.

July 20, 2018, 03:14:46 PM
Reply #1643

dunkster

I guess little has been done so far because  silva needed time to assess the players. It was only right to do so.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 20, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
Reply #1644

plowman2

I fear for Brands if we don't sign anyone of note. Hell has no fury as the nsno forum scorned!
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

July 20, 2018, 03:17:59 PM
Reply #1645

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I am hoping Brands has a pool of players to look at in the required positions. Every rumour points at that. Left back Plattenhardt, digne, Shaw, defence Vida and Mina, wing Lozano, Zaha, Welbeck etc. It worries me that as yet we appear to have got none of our targets but there does appear to be some logic in what we are doing so i am calm for now.

Ask me again when i am not in Tunisia sunning it up and necking Amaretto in two days  time mind.  May be a different story!

July 20, 2018, 03:19:15 PM
Reply #1646

Macca77

Last summer we spent the entire time trying to romance Giroud to come here, and when he didn't we were left high and dry

I'm all for ambition but I hope our lack of activity hasn't been a result of yet again trying to pursue unrealistic targets.

He was in the building according to Koeman

July 20, 2018, 03:23:37 PM
Reply #1647

Lazarou

Would love Silva to actually coach us into being a better team, it's not all about cash as last summer proved. We need a few players in but getting rid of the chaff is the main priority.

Having a style of play, getting rid of some overpaid shite players and some results against the top 6 would be a good season for me.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

July 20, 2018, 03:24:01 PM
Reply #1648

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think your expectations are too high, for the situation we currently find ourselves in. We're rebuilding after a shitstorm with a different group of people, who deserve a chance to rectify things and 'nothing will be the same' needs putting on the backburner for a bit.

The motto for this season should be summat like 'cleaning up other people's shit'.

I get that and please understand Iím not expecting miracles or CL players at that level right now, but I also donít expect to see patchwork or loans to Ďsee us throughí, I expect to see progressive signings who have potential in the right positions, and a start to righting our major wrong which has been poorly planned squad building and not buying in key positions.

If we do that and we are going in the right direction on and off the pitch, the actual bar for success if very low. Get inside the top 10 and look positive iíll be fine.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 03:27:53 PM
Reply #1649

Macca77

I get that and please understand Iím not expecting miracles or CL players at that level right now, but I also donít expect to see patchwork or loans to Ďsee us throughí, I expect to see progressive signings who have potential in the right positions, and a start to righting our major wrong which has been poorly planned squad building and not buying in key positions.

If we do that and we are going in the right direction on and off the pitch, the actual bar for success if very low. Get inside the top 10 and look positive iíll be fine.

Spot on