November 17, 2018, 10:54:14 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144730 times)

July 20, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
Reply #1695

Ross

All bases covered a winged purple dildo for the flappers.

Youíre only funding West Hamís January transfer kitty.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 20, 2018, 07:21:29 PM
Reply #1696

Macca77

This is me most mornings when we're not mentioned in any transfer news at all in the media

July 20, 2018, 07:24:06 PM
Reply #1697

MmmblueBernard

Flappers v Captain Sensibles.

The latest nsno battle lines have been drawn.

Flapping sensibly over here.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 20, 2018, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #1698

Bluedylan

May I just say on behalf of the flappers - we’ve done no name calling, simply hand-wringing, flopsweating and a fair amount of nail biting.

More insidious than name calling, because it has the effect of making others stress unnecessarily and just increases the general level of worry around the gaffe.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 20, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
Reply #1699

formerKHL

£70 million for Zahahahahahahahahahahaha..... ..........

July 20, 2018, 07:39:20 PM
Reply #1700

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
More insidious than name calling, because it has the effect of making others stress unnecessarily and just increases the general level of worry around the gaffe.

Flopsweat - the silent killer
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 07:41:54 PM
Reply #1701

Waltzer

£70 million for Zahahahahahahahahahahaha..... ..........

He like Malcom, doesnt want to come here!! :(

July 20, 2018, 07:46:38 PM
Reply #1702

Bluedylan

Flopsweat - the silent killer

Is there no part of you thinking...'man, we need to lay off a bit as a fanbase generally, and just let the club settle down a bit'. We've had 17 managers in 3 years (or it feels like it), and the fans seem constantly on the edge of some meltdown or other, about managers, players whatever.

I just feel like this constant demand and expectation has derailed us a little bit. Our best times in the last couple of decades have come from stability and evolution, rather than revolution.

I'm quite happy to lay off the new guys for a season (as long as we're not 16th or summat), and just let them gradually build their plan and identity for the club. If that means we don't get all our targets in the first window, so be it.

I agree with Shogun that our current squad, unchanged, has every chance of finishing 7th, if managed properly. I still want signings, but I don't think it's meltdown time.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 20, 2018, 07:49:45 PM
Reply #1703

Lxxx

You can make whatever arguments you want about renewed motivation, new way of playing, fresh start, one further forward than the other etc etc... but whenever I see a midfield axis of Schneiderlin and Gana for next season it makes me wince. That experiment should be consigned to the history books if we want to start being a team where the opposition don't walk through the middle of the pitch at will.

July 20, 2018, 07:54:23 PM
Reply #1704

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is there no part of you thinking...'man, we need to lay off a bit as a fanbase generally, and just let the club settle down a bit'. We've had 17 managers in 3 years (or it feels like it), and the fans seem constantly on the edge of some meltdown or other, about managers, players whatever.

I just feel like this constant demand and expectation has derailed us a little bit. Our best times in the last couple of decades have come from stability and evolution, rather than revolution.

I'm quite happy to lay off the new guys for a season (as long as we're not 16th or summat), and just let them gradually build their plan and identity for the club. If that means we don't get all our targets in the first window, so be it.

I agree with Shogun that our current squad, unchanged, has every chance of finishing 7th, if managed properly. I still want signings, but I don't think it's meltdown time.

Meltdown time, eh. Canít keep away from that hyperbolic language can you.

I thought Iíd covered my POV here to be honest :

I get that and please understand Iím not expecting miracles or CL players at that level right now, but I also donít expect to see patchwork or loans to Ďsee us throughí, I expect to see progressive signings who have potential in the right positions, and a start to righting our major wrong which has been poorly planned squad building and not buying in key positions.

If we do that and we are going in the right direction on and off the pitch, the actual bar for success if very low. Get inside the top 10 and look positive iíll be fine.

The bar for success is as low as it ha ever been for a permenant everton manager, but there is still one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 07:55:31 PM
Reply #1705

blue slug

apparent 14m bid for digne going in from us according to Deportivo mundo

July 20, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
Reply #1706

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
apparent 14m bid for digne going in from us according to Deportivo mundo

According to a random Spanish man on twitter he was saying his goodbyes at training today.

July 20, 2018, 08:08:55 PM
Reply #1707

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He like Malcom, doesnt want to come here!! :(

He doesn't want to move up north again to be more precise.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 20, 2018, 08:16:06 PM
Reply #1708

MmmblueBernard

I agree with Shogun that our current squad, unchanged, has every chance of finishing 7th, if managed properly.

Whatever happened to nil satis nisi optimum?

July 20, 2018, 08:16:57 PM
Reply #1709

MmmblueBernard

He doesn't want to move up north again to be more precise.

Bit he doesnt have to go to stoke on a wet weds.

Thatís a deal maker surely?