November 15, 2018, 10:51:11 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144206 times)

July 20, 2018, 08:56:15 PM
Reply #1725

Macca77

This was for his birthday, wasn’t it?

I don't know really, I just made the guard of honour thing up

July 20, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
Reply #1726

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know really, I just made the guard of honour thing up

He genuinely got a guard of honour.

You have a gift.

July 20, 2018, 08:59:25 PM
Reply #1727

Lxxx

Back end of last season I was of the opinion any new manager with a decent bit about him would get this squad to 7th without any additions at all. Now I think that was a bit optimistic of me. Our midfield is miles away from being competitive and any combination of that back four again makes me cringe.
I'm sure we will add to the squad and 3 or 4 quality additions will get us back on track again but as things stand at the minute we only have the same players that laboured through last season, so we can only make a judgement on current facts.

July 20, 2018, 08:59:57 PM
Reply #1728

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think we will, but with our current squad id say we've got a much bigger chance of being relegated than we have of breaking into the top 4 we're that far off. As things stand we could finish between 14th/15th to 7th/8th

I agree in the sense that I think everything below the mega clubs is becoming crabs in a bucket.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2018, 09:10:58 PM
Reply #1729

Robioto

Digne looking like a goer then?

July 20, 2018, 09:13:20 PM
Reply #1730

School of Science

More insidious than name calling, because it has the effect of making others stress unnecessarily and just increases the general level of worry around the gaffe.

Absolute rubbish mate, you could just ignore it or make fun of it.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 20, 2018, 09:20:57 PM
Reply #1731

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be very happy with Digne.

Just a very good, sensible signing for a position we need to strengthen.

July 20, 2018, 09:32:35 PM
Reply #1732

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
His name reminds me of turkey in French.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 20, 2018, 09:32:57 PM
Reply #1733

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But I'd be happy with him. Decent left back by all accounts.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 20, 2018, 09:33:59 PM
Reply #1734

Lincs Toffee

Be very happy with Digne.

Just a very good, sensible signing for a position we need to strengthen.

Hopefully bringing Mina with him too, but my Leicester City mate reckons they are interested in Mina , could be due to McGuire interest
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

July 20, 2018, 09:43:42 PM
Reply #1735

Evertonian in NC

We absolutely need a consolidation season before we try to challenge.  Would be madness trying to rush things, we would just fuck it up and waste more moneys.

Need to see what we have in Davies, Holgate, Keane, Lookman.  Perhaps DCL and Beni as well.  That will inform what we need to buy in the 2019 summer window.*

*NOT saying don't need to buy anyone at all, just saying no cock-blocking the above trying to chase ghosts.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 20, 2018, 09:45:11 PM
Reply #1736

Lxxx

Never seen Digne play. Know nothing about him. I'll defer to the Football Manager lot on here for views on whether he's decent or not.

July 20, 2018, 09:48:03 PM
Reply #1737

Redartin

This was for his birthday, wasn’t it?

We should send him a cake, it might swing it.

July 20, 2018, 09:50:02 PM
Reply #1738

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Never seen Digne play. Know nothing about him. I'll defer to the Football Manager lot on here for views on whether he's decent or not.

Only seen him play a few times myselfbut he's an actual left back who isn't Martina.

July 20, 2018, 09:54:34 PM
Reply #1739

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
His name reminds me of turkey in French.

Dinde ?