December 16, 2018, 05:48:55 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147399 times)

August 06, 2018, 10:08:28 PM
Reply #75

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mad the way some fans celebrated losing the best CB at the club for absolute buttons.

That was because we had plenty of time to replace him with someone good. But my preference would have been Williams out the door first. But he went anyway, so it didn't matter.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 10:20:54 PM
Reply #76

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mori is better than Keane, Williams and current Jagielka though, so it's not the best move either way if you ask me. I've got high hopes for Holgate, but it wasn't the most sensible move getting rid of Mori if we weren't certain of bringing in 2 top class CBs.

I agree. I guess they thought it was a risk worth taking. And maybe after his injury he wasn't showing signs of a return to form anyway.

Not sure he was the best of what we had due to the injury. He was only ok before it.

But what's done is done and we need a cb pronto.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 08, 2018, 06:15:55 AM
Reply #77

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Say if we get Mina and Bernie - good window? Bad window? Out of ten?

Considering where we were at the beginning of the window, we've done extremely well getting a lot of deadwood out and some exciting young players in.

August 08, 2018, 06:22:13 PM
Reply #78

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully Zouma can play how he was pre injury.

Only if he plays for us. Otherwise I couldn't give a shit.

August 09, 2018, 03:51:26 AM
Reply #79

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who is the spanish player we have signed?

Arteta.

August 09, 2018, 10:01:19 AM
Reply #80

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It’s starting to feel like the close knit squad of the Moyes days again.

We have Digne and Gana who used to play together and know one another. Then Digne and Mina obviously known to one another. Add Richarlison who is friends with Mina and now Bernard coming in. That’s a strong core of players who are new to the club but know each other already.