November 16, 2018, 05:46:23 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144257 times)

July 27, 2018, 02:41:48 PM
Reply #2055

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wash your mouth out with soap!

I can’t hold back anymore. It’s what I want. Arrest me immediately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 02:44:54 PM
Reply #2056

Macca77

My kingdom for a Ross Barkley comeback.

Was out with a few mates last night, two of them said they would have him back here in a heartbeat, I nearly choked on my pint

July 27, 2018, 02:45:30 PM
Reply #2057

Lxxx

Was out with a few mates last night, two of them said they would have him back here in a heartbeat, I nearly choked on my pint

He'd improve this midfield.

There, I said it.

July 27, 2018, 02:45:42 PM
Reply #2058

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can’t hold back anymore. It’s what I want. Arrest me immediately.

Thought you wanted a baller, somebody who can pass the ball?

July 27, 2018, 02:49:52 PM
Reply #2059

Lazarou

One problem I see through the myriad of other problems is the new players that are supposedly arriving need time to bed into the team, but we can't rely on what we already have to allow them time as pre season has shown.

Think we are going to need a lot of patience this season as we try and correct the wrongs of the past.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

July 27, 2018, 02:50:00 PM
Reply #2060

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought you wanted a baller, somebody who can pass the ball?

Ross passes the ball better than Gylfi, he can also progress into the final third by dribbling.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
Reply #2061

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why am I even saying this stuff. Never going to happen and he would be pants even if it did.

July 27, 2018, 02:55:53 PM
Reply #2062

School of Science

Ross passes the ball better than Gylfi, he can also progress into the final third by dribbling.

Will he be the same again after that injury though ? Looked a bad one, the type that goes when you apply pace. Can not see him coming back with his tail between his legs, or Everton forgiving him for the way he walked out on us and the circumstances surrounding it.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2018, 03:01:13 PM
Reply #2063

GrantyBoy78

One problem I see through the myriad of other problems is the new players that are supposedly arriving need time to bed into the team, but we can't rely on what we already have to allow them time as pre season has shown.

Think we are going to need a lot of patience this season as we try and correct the wrongs of the past.
Indeed. Puts pressure on our ‘easy run of fixtures’ at the start of the campaign.  Makes me worry we won’t get results early on as we’re a bit of a mess and then we’ll be demoralised and fans will be on the team’s back, just as we face him he big boys.

Sorry for being a miserable fucker but I’d be in straight denial if I wasn’t worried. I’ve been watching football for 30 years and I know when a team’s not looked ready for a season.

July 27, 2018, 03:06:11 PM
Reply #2064

Ramjam

I’d rather have Gazza back than Barkley, now there’s a world class box to box genius
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 27, 2018, 03:08:50 PM
Reply #2065

Lazarou

Indeed. Puts pressure on our ‘easy run of fixtures’ at the start of the campaign.  Makes me worry we won’t get results early on as we’re a bit of a mess and then we’ll be demoralised and fans will be on the team’s back, just as we face him he big boys.

Sorry for being a miserable fucker but I’d be in straight denial if I wasn’t worried. I’ve been watching football for 30 years and I know when a team’s not looked ready for a season.

The World Cup and new transfer deadline could not have come at worse time for us, I am trying to look at the positives myself but I have seen nothing yet that makes me believe we are anywhere near ready.

You never know, but we have to get those signings in now.

July 27, 2018, 03:11:07 PM
Reply #2066

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah we looked off it last night but not a cause for worry I don’t think. I’m white negative about this everton side but for me there are a few green shoots.

We looked OK going forward and able to get up the pitch on the break.

Tosun is alright, although the jury is out for me I think he’s a 6/7 out of ten man every week.

Dowell looked like he could MAYBE make the step up...

Richarlison looked genuinely good.

We’ll be fine, and we’ll get 3 more in I reckon.

July 27, 2018, 03:37:15 PM
Reply #2067

Waltzer

The World Cup and new transfer deadline could not have come at worse time for us, I am trying to look at the positives myself but I have seen nothing yet that makes me believe we are anywhere near ready.

You never know, but we have to get those signings in now.

The world cup is a BS excuse, deals are done by agents and 50% of the teams were home roughly a month ago so there are no excuses why were in this position. Im sorry there is something fundamentally wrong at our club and its going to take more than Brands and Silva to rectify it

Also, its not like the transfer deadline was sprung on us, every other team is working to the same deadline and have known about it for months
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:38:18 PM by Waltzer »

July 27, 2018, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #2068

Lazarou

The world cup is a BS excuse, deals are done by agents and 50% of the teams were home roughly a month ago so there are no excuses why were in this position. Im sorry there is something fundamentally wrong at our club and its going to take more than Brands and Silva to rectify it

Also, its not like the transfer deadline was sprung on us, every other team is working to the same deadline and have known about it for months

True i'm not making excuses for us as most teams in PL seem to have coped. Brands was appointed on the 16th of May, Silva was appointed on the 31st of May so that is nearly 2 months ago, when you look at that time frame, what is it 4 out and 1 in doesn't look good, does it?

July 27, 2018, 03:50:20 PM
Reply #2069

Bluedylan

Ross Barkley?

Fucking hell lads. A few people have lost their heads a bit after a friendly defeat with a mostly second string lineup.

Get a grip.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.