September 23, 2018, 05:22:58 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 136039 times)

July 27, 2018, 04:37:19 PM
Reply #2085

GrantyBoy78

Mate there's people talking about relegation and signing Ross Barkley back. You don't think there's a loss of perspective there?
Yeah, thatís proper mental...Iím not that far gone!

My concerns are that we still look poor defensively, canít maintain possession (especially in the opposition half), and still struggle to convert/create chances. All of which is fine to a degree; Silva needs a couple of seasons and numerous transfer windows to sort this mess out...but youíd still expect tangible improvement under the new manager and there isnít the slightest sign of any.

July 27, 2018, 04:38:13 PM
Reply #2086

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes but he lacks vision and decision making which is key for a playmaker, that can't be taught.

How dya make more chances from open play than any other English player (or £45m Gylfi) without vision?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 04:39:29 PM
Reply #2087

dunkster

I've tried watching a bit. Generally got to see the porto game but little else. Are there any signs that silva has implemented new formation and tactics?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 27, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
Reply #2088

Bluedylan

Yeah, thatís proper mental...Iím not that far gone!

My concerns are that we still look poor defensively, canít maintain possession (especially in the opposition half), and still struggle to convert/create chances. All of which is fine to a degree; Silva needs a couple of seasons and numerous transfer windows to sort this mess out...but youíd still expect tangible improvement under the new manager and there isnít the slightest sign of any.

There wasn't improvement last night granted. But the first half vs Porto was very encouraging, and there were big signs of improvement there. That's obviously been wiped from people's memories now.

Look we all know the defence needs sorting, and Silva clearly knows that judging on the transfer targets. If we didn't sign any defenders, I'd agree that we would have some issues, but I'd still have us easily finishing Top 10. But we will sign defenders, so I'm not even worrying about that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 27, 2018, 04:44:30 PM
Reply #2089

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ross Barkley?

Fucking hell lads. A few people have lost their heads a bit after a friendly defeat with a mostly second string lineup.

Get a grip.

You know deep down that this is not a reaction to last night.

Also that Iím messing about barkley. Heíd never come back here, Sarri is about to have him back in the big leagues guaranteed. Scouse Hamsik incoming.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 04:44:40 PM
Reply #2090

Lazarou

My prediction is we may get relegated or mid table mediocrity or even maybe a push for a European place. Basically no clue whatsoever.

Just underwhelmed so far even by last seasons standards.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:13:44 PM by Lazarou »
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

July 27, 2018, 04:55:40 PM
Reply #2091

dunkster

We need patience. even if it's after Xmas silva manages to get things working.
Unfortunately, many won't give it more than six games before they are pointing at his chequered past in the prem.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 27, 2018, 04:58:55 PM
Reply #2092

GrantyBoy78

Unfortunately, many won't give it more than six games before they are pointing at his chequered past in the prem.
And because last year was awful. And because the Moshiri era has been nothing short of an abject failure, thus far. A complete and utter false dawn.

July 27, 2018, 05:00:58 PM
Reply #2093

Sixx1402

How dya make more chances from open play than any other English player (or £45m Gylfi) without vision?

Where are these stats from?

All i know is that when i watched him play apart from the odd good game he'd pass when he shouldn't have passed and didn't pass when he should have passed. His decision making isn't there from what i saw plus his mental strength is an issue
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 27, 2018, 05:01:17 PM
Reply #2094

blue slug

Agree matey, definitely going to take time to get this squad to how he wants it both in terms of personnel and playing style, it would be the same for any manager coming in right now in my opinion

July 27, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
Reply #2095

Bluedylan

Asking Everton fans for patience is like asking ISIS members for a balanced perspective on Western foreign policy. It ain't going to happen.

Silva's biggest challenge, after sorting the defence, will be to get us lot to calm down a bit and give him time to coach and build the team the way he wants. Good luck with that Marco, lad. Some have already got us in relegation trouble.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 27, 2018, 05:06:28 PM
Reply #2096

dunkster

Sorry, but talk of relegation is ridiculous. If that cunt allardyce can take this squad to 8th then anyone can
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

July 27, 2018, 05:08:48 PM
Reply #2097

School of Science

Think Brands and Silva need at least two years, Christ they have walked into a. Incredible mess. Ignore 8th place finish, three quarters of this League is bordering on pure shite. The distance between the top 7 and the rest has widened enormously.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2018, 05:08:51 PM
Reply #2098

Robioto

I agree, it's going to be hard to stay patient though with how bad things have been. I will be patient, I always am but I'm finding it harder than ever.

I was thinking last night when was the last time I remember us playing really well? Maybe when we beat Leicester 4-2 back in April 2017 or when we beat Burnley 3-1 in the same month (we had 29 shots on goal that day, the stuff of dreams after last season)? It's been a long time... I need something to perk me up, a win at Wolves would be a great start but easier said than done given the quality of thier squad.

July 27, 2018, 05:12:01 PM
Reply #2099

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weíll be good enough going forward to get 45 points this year no problem so donít worry about relegation, but itís not going to be great watching us in possession that isnít a counter attack.