November 19, 2018, 08:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144969 times)

July 29, 2018, 02:33:08 AM
Reply #2190

School of Science

Going to throw this out there....if Utd do sign a centre back both jones and smalling are much better than anything we 've got and would probs be a reasonable price.

Just throw it back pal no, must be better than them two surely.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 29, 2018, 02:33:57 AM
Reply #2191

mikey_blue

Going to throw this out there....if Utd do sign a centre back both jones and smalling are much better than anything we 've got and would probs be a reasonable price.

Phill jones is starting to look like Franz Beckenbauer.

July 29, 2018, 02:34:46 AM
Reply #2192

Mayor Farnum

Centre back is a position that being 30 years old can be an advantage.

July 29, 2018, 02:34:56 AM
Reply #2193

blue slug

Central defenders in general seem to be getting worse over time

July 29, 2018, 02:41:18 AM
Reply #2194

Cozzie

We missed the boat not getting Jonny Evans I reckon.

July 29, 2018, 02:44:19 AM
Reply #2195

Waltzer

Well yeah,  frickin Per Koldrup wouldn't look out of place in this current side

July 29, 2018, 02:44:53 AM
Reply #2196

Martip

We did and brought Jonny Vegas instead for 25m -30 m

July 29, 2018, 03:02:02 AM
Reply #2197

Fynci

Two CB's are the priority for me. Mina would have been amazing, but he's not coming, so I hope we move on quick and get a couple in. Jags is on his last legs, Keane is poor, Williams should be sold, Holgate needs another year of deputising*.

* Preparing to get slaughtered for not being all over Holgate like everybody else it seems!

July 29, 2018, 03:04:58 AM
Reply #2198

Ross

He really wouldn’t have been the answer our needs right now, not that he’s a poor player. But what we’re badly lacking ate mobile strong players in the back line and Evans doesn’t fit that bill.

Not sure Mina does either having read he’s consider slow and solid rather than quick and athletic.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 29, 2018, 03:11:36 AM
Reply #2199

Waltzer

What upsets me most is id really enjoy going back to what we had under Moyes, not Moyes himself, but that team ethic, the unity,  the pride  of playing for this great team. I wanted for so long to be taken over by a wealthy individual but it's amazing how sometimes the thing you think you need is actually the furthest thing from it

July 29, 2018, 03:12:33 AM
Reply #2200

TrevorSteven

Buying defenders and full-backs is not the rescue in my opinion. We are in desperate need of two playmakers with pace, technique, creativity, flair and vision and one attacker full of pace. With a stronger attacking unit the defence will be stronger as a result.

In A 4-3-3 that would be Pickford - Baines, Jagielka, Holgate, Coleman - Gueye, ????(in desperate need), Schneiderlein - Richarlison, ???? (In desperate need), Walcott. Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas could all make an impact as substitutes due to pace and skills. It would be nice to have back-ups/alternativer for our full-backs and one more skillfull pacy DC too but first Fix the striker and midfield positions as Tosun, Gylfi, Niasse or orher options will never create chances for us...

July 29, 2018, 03:23:31 AM
Reply #2201

Mayor Farnum

What upsets me most is id really enjoy going back to what we had under Moyes, not Moyes himself, but that team ethic, the unity,  the pride  of playing for this great team. I wanted for so long to be taken over by a wealthy individual but it's amazing how sometimes the thing you think you need is actually the furthest thing from it

Yes you don't get the impression that any of our signings of the last two/three years are here because it's Everton.

July 29, 2018, 03:41:28 AM
Reply #2202

Evertonian in NC

Very few folk are in favour of Holgate (but me).

People generally seem to say "you can't risk playing him, he hasn't played enough" which is a circular problem to me.  If not now (side in transition, when there is a glaring need for his pace, athleticism, and willing to make a challenge), when?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 29, 2018, 03:45:20 AM
Reply #2203

Martip

Very few folk are in favour of Holgate (but me).

People generally seem to say "you can't risk playing him, he hasn't played enough" which is a circular problem to me.  If not now (side in transition, when there is a glaring need for his pace, athleticism, and willing to make a challenge), when?
No way worse than Keane or Williams no way.

July 29, 2018, 03:46:54 AM
Reply #2204

KoemansNumberTens

Yes you don't get the impression that any of our signings of the last two/three years are here because it's Everton.

I don’t think we want that. We want players that are here as a stepping stone to the very top. The problem is we’ve signed a lot of players who are here cos it’s the best they’ll ever do and the most they’ll ever earn. We need players with potential and ambition. Not the likes of Keane, sigurdsson, Williams, rooney etc etc etc