November 14, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144040 times)

July 31, 2018, 02:09:10 AM
Reply #2370

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sure. But maybe not someone who's going to cost a fuck ton and require regular playing time like Lozano.

If we have Lozano money to spend after we lock up a CB, it needs to go towards a quality midfielder who can help make the ball stick in the final third.

I know just the lad, stars faded over the last few years and he’s never quite reached his potential, but if you got it working you’d have quite the

Diamond on your hands.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2018, 02:11:02 AM
Reply #2371

Bluedylan

I know just the lad, stars faded over the last few years and he’s never quite reached his potential, but if you got it working you’d have quite the

Diamond on your hands.

Graham Stuart?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 31, 2018, 02:12:13 AM
Reply #2372

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Joe Quimby
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2018, 02:23:46 AM
Reply #2373

stirlingblue

wish we'd got that seri that fulham signed

Not sure there’s much between him and Gueye, not the type of player we need IMO

July 31, 2018, 02:29:58 AM
Reply #2374

kramer0

Not sure there’s much between him and Gueye, not the type of player we need IMO

They are totally different types of players.

Here's what Seri does:

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/859765618626756610?lang=en

And that empty wedge for possession adjusted tackles and interceptions is what Gana does.

July 31, 2018, 02:40:06 AM
Reply #2375

stirlingblue

Here's what Seri does:

And that empty wedge for possession adjusted tackles and interceptions is what Gana does.

Gueye isn’t as bad on the ball as people make out, I’d be interested to see the comparison between the two.

As a matter of interest, who decides the scales on those things?

Looking at that it looks like Seri is good at through balls, but is 0.5 per game really the high end of the scale?

July 31, 2018, 02:41:52 AM
Reply #2376

kramer0

Gueye isn’t as bad on the ball as people make out, I’d be interested to see the comparison between the two.

As a matter of interest, who decides the scales on those things?

Looking at that it looks like Seri is good at through balls, but is 0.5 per game really the high end of the scale?

5th percentile is the bottom.

95th percentile is the top.

Gana will not be anywhere close in terms of passing/creative stats.

July 31, 2018, 02:47:09 AM
Reply #2377

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Each spoke has its own scale based on the averages for the league usually I think?

Not mixedknuts of statsbomb but attached is one from football radars which is inspired by his work.

July 31, 2018, 02:47:45 AM
Reply #2378

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Here's what Seri does:

I thought Seri told you where the best takeaway was and shit like that
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 31, 2018, 02:49:44 AM
Reply #2379

stirlingblue

Each spoke has its own scale based on the averages for the league usually I think?

Not mixedknuts of statsbomb but attached is one from football radars which is inspired by his work.

Pretty much exact opposites then.

I stand corrected, I’ve obviously fallen far the ‘small, mobile, black player from the French league’ bias and assumed he’s in the Kante/Gueye mould.

July 31, 2018, 02:50:12 AM
Reply #2380

Waltzer

So he tackles a lot, but then gets dispossessed? Kind of counter productive isn't it!

July 31, 2018, 02:51:46 AM
Reply #2381

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much exact opposites then.

I stand corrected, I’ve obviously fallen far the ‘small, mobile, black player from the French league’ bias and assumed he’s in the Kante/Gueye mould.

Kante is like a mix of both but better again!

Ndidi is Gana mould I think, but I think he’s actually doing even better.

Unfortunately Keďta is closer to seri, so anyone expecting a little tackler will be disappointed because he’s going to be running games in thisnkeague unfortunately.

July 31, 2018, 02:54:45 AM
Reply #2382

kramer0

Kante is like a mix of both but better again!

Ndidi is Gana mould I think, but I think he’s actually doing even better.

Unfortunately Keďta is closer to seri, so anyone expecting a little tackler will be disappointed because he’s going to be running games in thisnkeague unfortunately.

Keita does everything.

It's irritating that they signed him.

July 31, 2018, 03:57:58 AM
Reply #2383

Thornton_19

Linked with Rojo, Mee and Gibson as alternatives according to the echo.

Honestly would be happy with one of those.

Also saw we have been linked with Phil Jones.

July 31, 2018, 04:07:31 AM
Reply #2384

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Linked with Rojo, Mee and Gibson as alternatives according to the echo.

Honestly would be happy with one of those.

Also saw we have been linked with Phil Jones.

Smells like lazy journalism or Walsh type signings.