October 18, 2018, 02:32:53 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141259 times)

August 05, 2018, 03:48:53 AM
Reply #2760

Waltzer

I'd be surprised if we get 2
End up with another cb for sure then a loan deal for batshuayi or drinkwater

August 05, 2018, 03:50:09 AM
Reply #2761

Macca77

I still reckon we'll get RLC

August 05, 2018, 03:50:48 AM
Reply #2762

Lxxx

Iíd take any of the Chelsea midfielders on loan.

August 05, 2018, 03:58:45 AM
Reply #2763

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We can still do loan moves after the dumb deadline canít we?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 05, 2018, 03:59:50 AM
Reply #2764

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We can still do loan moves after the dumb deadline canít we?

No.  No incoming transfers at all.  Only outgoing to foreign leagues.
My momma says I'm special.

August 05, 2018, 04:08:43 AM
Reply #2765

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Kurt Zouma has not been given a squad number at Chelsea
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 05, 2018, 04:10:58 AM
Reply #2766

Ramjam

No locker either I guess
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 05, 2018, 04:16:15 AM
Reply #2767

Evertonian in NC

Don't worry, lads.  Holgate will be like a new signing.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 05, 2018, 04:17:28 AM
Reply #2768

Bluedylan

For the record I was not saying this.

No I know. It genuinely wasn't directed at anyone. Just a general sense that people want more and more signings (me included), and I'm thinking we need to temper it a bit, and expect a slower growth of the team.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 05, 2018, 04:18:51 AM
Reply #2769

WeimaranerBlues

Iíd take any of the Chelsea midfielders on loan.

Any? in mind  lol  surely   not Ross

August 05, 2018, 04:31:59 AM
Reply #2770

74Blue

Based on how shite we've looked at the back in pre-season I would say we definitely need at least 2 new centre halves as a bare minimum.

August 05, 2018, 04:38:52 AM
Reply #2771

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No I know. It genuinely wasn't directed at anyone. Just a general sense that people want more and more signings (me included), and I'm thinking we need to temper it a bit, and expect a slower growth of the team.

Yeah I don’t think anyone in their right mind should expect a 20 point swing and us to start challenging the top 6, but the outs have been quite drastic, and the purchases have been a good age and a good quality - but on the pitch we look really fucking bad, quality wise. If we are going to have any kind of season, or simply avoid another one of stress and embarrassment, if for nothing else to simply give silva a season with his head above water to start implementing what he wants - we need to bring in some quality ASAP.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 05, 2018, 04:44:47 AM
Reply #2772

Bluedylan

Yeah I donít think anyone in their right mind should expect a 20 point swing and us to start challenging the top 6, but the outs have been quite drastic, and the purchases have been a good age and a good quality - but on the pitch we look really fucking bad, quality wise. If we are going to have any kind of season, or simply avoid another one of stress and embarrassment, if for nothing else to simply give silva a season with his head above water to start implementing what he wants - we need to bring in some quality ASAP.

See I just don't agree that we look really bad, so I suppose that's where we differ. The defence is obviously an issue, but I haven't had a massive issue with our midfield/attacking play, particularly in the Porto/Valencia games which have been our hardest tests.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 05, 2018, 05:00:14 AM
Reply #2773

Macca77

August 05, 2018, 05:14:24 AM
Reply #2774

Robber Rodwell

Love this shout.  Electric pace, could do a real job for us.