October 22, 2019, 07:45:59 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177977 times)

August 05, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
Reply #2805

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Ashley Williams and Gary Cahill arenít in the same league. One has been winning the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup etc...most of his career and the other......

I didn't realise Cahill had done it on his own. Jack Rodwell has a league winners medal, Ross Barkley has an FA Cup medal. Have you seen Cahill play recently? Is he still a good player? If he is then fine. But just signing him because there's five days left in the window is a ridiculous shout.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 05, 2018, 05:38:21 PM
Reply #2806

Lxxx

I didn't realise Cahill had done it on his own. Jack Rodwell has a league winners medal, Ross Barkley has an FA Cup medal. Have you seen Cahill play recently? Is he still a good player? If he is then fine. But just signing him because there's five days left in the window is a ridiculous shout.

He was first choice throughout the years they won these trophies, usually a decent indicator. Yes Cahill still is a good player and if he has been made available for transfer, as is rumoured, then I think it's worth a look. Ideally you wouldn't as we should be looking to the future but we are where we are in the window and what we have at the club a the minute is absolute garbage with four days left.

August 05, 2018, 05:41:56 PM
Reply #2807

Shogun

Administrator
Cahill isnít what we need.

We need a CB with the ability to actually fucking move about on the pitch.

August 05, 2018, 05:42:44 PM
Reply #2808

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
He was first choice throughout the years they won these trophies, usually a decent indicator. Yes Cahill still is a good player and if he has been made available for transfer, as is rumoured, then I think it's worth a look. Ideally you wouldn't as we should be looking to the future but we are where we are in the window and what we have at the club a the minute is absolute garbage with four days left.

It's a no from me. I'd rather not have a CB pairing of Jags and Cahill having to play the high line that Silva likes. If he came in with a younger, faster CB then maybe

August 05, 2018, 05:44:57 PM
Reply #2809

Lxxx

It's a no from me. I'd rather not have a CB pairing of Jags and Cahill having to play the high line that Silva likes. If he came in with a younger, faster CB then maybe

Calm down lad. He's not even rumoured to be coming to us.

August 05, 2018, 05:47:15 PM
Reply #2810

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Calm down lad. He's not even rumoured to be coming to us.

I'm perfectly calm thank you

August 05, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
Reply #2811

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure some one is lined up,  we let Williams go. I doubt we would of done that with out lack of options there., if no one was coming in? EPL clubs can loan after thee deadline has passed. 

No, we can't.  Loan deadline is same as transfer deadline.  Can only loan players out after.

August 05, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
Reply #2812

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ben Gibson signed by Burnley I see. We were heavily linked last summer with him. Maybe we've missed a decent squad player there?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 05, 2018, 09:12:30 PM
Reply #2813

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lindelof would be a great addition.

Pacey, tall, strong, good on the ball.

Good age as well.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 05, 2018, 09:21:51 PM
Reply #2814

nsno

Lindelof would be a great addition.

Pacey, tall, strong, good on the ball.

Good age as well.
Good shout but United would at least want to recoup the £35m they spent on him.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

August 05, 2018, 09:23:35 PM
Reply #2815

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lindelof would probably be the best link out of all the available Man Utd cast offs.

I like that he has some recovery speed which none of the other links so far have. Also would be another solid mid-twenties signing with lots of time ahead of him.

August 05, 2018, 09:24:50 PM
Reply #2816

Elgoodo1978

Ben Gibson signed by Burnley I see. We were heavily linked last summer with him. Maybe we've missed a decent squad player there?

15m as well, anyone feel if we had signed him it would have been for 35m

August 05, 2018, 09:31:03 PM
Reply #2817

Free Agent

15m as well, anyone feel if we had signed him it would have been for 35m
rising to 50m when you include add-ons

August 05, 2018, 09:34:34 PM
Reply #2818

Cozzie

We are gonna have to over pay anyway for any good CB we want with it being so close to the end of the window.

Unless we take a punt on an unknown that Brands has unearthed.

August 05, 2018, 09:57:10 PM
Reply #2819

Hawkandro

Gibson would have been a decent punt at £15m.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.