November 13, 2018, 10:23:28 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 143875 times)

August 06, 2018, 12:10:30 AM
Reply #2835

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is Rojo better than Keane and Jags? Yep.... in that case im fine with it.

So are a lot of defenders though who wouldnít cost what rojo would.

Itís lazy transfer business and reminiscent of the Koeman/Walsh era.

I think we all hoped this type of signing was behind us.

August 06, 2018, 12:12:27 AM
Reply #2836

KoemansNumberTens

Jesus what a horrible way to conduct our business that would be. 35m because heís better than are dreadful selection of centre halves

August 06, 2018, 12:14:45 AM
Reply #2837

Cozzie

What sort of lazy basis is that to class signings off though?

Many a center back is better than what we have at the moment but there are also many better than Rojo that are gettable as well.

Its such a Steve walsh regime style signing if we got Rojo. Sick of signing United cast offs.

I know it was never gonna happen immediately but I would like to think with Brands coming in we would be a tad more imaginative than Marcos fucking Rojo.

August 06, 2018, 12:17:06 AM
Reply #2838

Dr. Sponge

I havenít really seen much of Rojo to be honest, so canít pass judgement. But on the basis of Silva and Brandís first two signings, I trust their judgement.

August 06, 2018, 12:19:35 AM
Reply #2839

KoemansNumberTens

I think the truth is over time most of us will justify anything

If someone had said 30m for Keane. 45m for sigurdsson. 35m for rojo at the very beginning of them windows everyone would have been horrified. By the time they actually happen though weíve all be sucked into the excitement of a new player and completely forget weíve been done

August 06, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
Reply #2840

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Im not particularly happy with Rojo but im not going to kick up a fuss if Silva and Brands bring him in, ill trust their judgement over mine.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 06, 2018, 12:34:34 AM
Reply #2841

Shogun

Administrator
Absolutely hated Funes Mori and canít see what Rojo brings to the table that he doesnít.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 06, 2018, 12:36:33 AM
Reply #2842

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Run that one by me again, using vaguely recognisable football terminology?

Even I didn't understand that one and I watch footie on NBC!
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 12:45:47 AM
Reply #2843

mikey_blue

Reece Oxford, Kimpembe, Zouma or a cheeky blockbuster bid for Big Jonathan Tah.

August 06, 2018, 12:49:13 AM
Reply #2844

Evertonian in NC

Run that one by me again, using vaguely recognisable football terminology?

Broadcast NBC instead of cable NBCSN.  The Saturday afternoon (US East Coast time) is the "spotlight" game for American coverage.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 12:50:19 AM
Reply #2845

Macca77

We'll get at least 2 in, possibly 3, 100 % confident. Reckon there's gonna be some crazy money spent by the likes of united, spurs and Chelsea

August 06, 2018, 12:56:07 AM
Reply #2846

Evertonian in NC

all vastly preferable to Rojo
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 01:07:32 AM
Reply #2847

Cozzie

Yes! Big Johnny Tah all day.

August 06, 2018, 01:20:16 AM
Reply #2848

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was 1000% sure we were going to replace Lukaku so I donít want to say Iím that confident like, but I do feel a CB, a CM and a forward will be coming in. Maybe different levels, maybe different stages of their development, maybe different fees - but I do feel very strongly they know what they need and need is not an understatement.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 01:23:44 AM
Reply #2849

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yes! Big Johnny Tah all day.

Johnny Utah?
My momma says I'm special.