December 12, 2018, 07:11:53 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147034 times)

August 06, 2018, 02:54:23 PM
Reply #2895

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That'd be amazing.  He was quality before he went to Barca.

He gets used by @mixedknuts etc in the footy analytics world quite a lot as an example of the kind of big money hype job that you can avoid by looking deeper into his stats..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 03:20:47 PM
Reply #2896

GrantyBoy78

Id still like us to bring in a few to add some depth. Our bench impact players will be Lookman, Niasse, Sandro, DCL etc. Youd only say Niasse is of (questionable) proven PL quality among that lot.

August 06, 2018, 03:23:09 PM
Reply #2897

GrantyBoy78

Is it Achilles Tendonitis Holgate is suffering from? If so, according to the NHS website it can takes months to settle down. You'd like to think having access to the best medical facilities and staff would drastically reduce that for a full time professional footballer, but even so, I guess he could be a few weeks away yet. Even more so when you consider we have said we don't have an ETA for him returning to full fitness.
Yep. Fingers crossed its not too serious, but this could also be an injury that runs into weeks/months. Achilles injuries are horrible. Hard to treat yet easy to re-injure.

August 06, 2018, 03:27:34 PM
Reply #2898

Robioto

Would be chuffed with Andre Gomes, hasn't worked at Barca but was a very good player before he moved. I think a lot of these 'failed' players at clubs like Barcelona need to make an immediate impact, if they don't they rarely get chances and fans seem to quickly get on terh backs of these players. Then they don't get many games or chances to prove themselves or settle into the team. In a lot of cases I don't think you can go wrong with these 'rejects' as they will make us better and will get the games they need to settle in and show their quality. I think (and hope) Mina falls into the same category.

August 06, 2018, 03:41:35 PM
Reply #2899

Lxxx

A lot of players fail at Barca as their first team has for the past decade been dominated by fixtures in the side that you're rarely, if ever, going to displace for a prolonged period of time. Plenty of good players have tried and failed. No disgrace in that.

August 06, 2018, 04:07:40 PM
Reply #2900

Danny

If we buy Gomes off Barca for 30 million I imagine they'll start hitting us up every time they have a player for sale, reminds me of the first Footy Manager when City got taken over and their team was shite so you'd just offer them Yobo for 30 million.

August 06, 2018, 04:10:30 PM
Reply #2901

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

LOTS of West Ham links to Gomes. :)

August 06, 2018, 08:04:20 PM
Reply #2902

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If I hadnt seen the analytics stuff about Gomes Id have been well on board. Looks a nothing player in the numbers.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 08:06:37 PM
Reply #2903

dunkster

Silva must rate sandro I guess. Haven't heard a sausage about him leaving
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 06, 2018, 08:08:57 PM
Reply #2904

dunkster

And then I go on his thread and read echo saying he's been told to leave..lol
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 06, 2018, 08:14:55 PM
Reply #2905

kramer0

Swerve Andre Gomes.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/875020802739056641

That's from his "good" year at Valencia and it's only gotten worse at Barca (which you can understand given the lack of regular games). He looks like a good dribbler but doesn't really do a whole lot overall. Nowhere near the caliber of passer we need and offers next to nothing defensively.

So yeah, swerve.

August 06, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Reply #2906

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Told ya.

August 06, 2018, 08:21:43 PM
Reply #2907

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Too many numbers with you fellas.

August 06, 2018, 08:37:26 PM
Reply #2908

School of Science

Id still like us to bring in a few to add some depth. Our bench impact players will be Lookman, Niasse, Sandro, DCL etc. Youd only say Niasse is of (questionable) proven PL quality among that lot.

Think DCL will have a big year this time, given chance and a bit of luck with injuries.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 06, 2018, 08:42:00 PM
Reply #2909

evertonblueboys

Boro are in for bolasie having missed out on morrison