December 13, 2018, 10:05:20 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147174 times)

August 06, 2018, 09:41:53 PM
Reply #2925

Robioto

Calm before the storm brother

Let's hope so! I'm pretty patient when it comes to transfer windows, but I'm starting to get a bit twitchy now.

August 06, 2018, 09:45:51 PM
Reply #2926

themilkycoffees

I love people's optimism on here. Personally, I'm getting a bit worried.

August 06, 2018, 09:46:20 PM
Reply #2927

themilkycoffees

The blind hate from some of our "fans" for Bolaise is staggeringly sad. Not his fault Koeman paid what palace asked. Plagued by injuries. When fit he is a very decent player and would be a good option in a front 3. Its seems some are not happy to just not rate him they seem to love to hate him too which is quite odd considering he seems a very likeable decent fella.

I think he's inconsistent at the best of times, but he has been unlucky because of his injury. With a really bad injury like his, he was always going to struggle and especially because he was rushed back. I like the lad but wasn't sure he was good enough for us pre-injury and he probably won't hit the same levels again now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:51:30 PM by themilkycoffees »

August 06, 2018, 09:50:37 PM
Reply #2928

KoemansNumberTens

The blind hate from some of our "fans" for Bolaise is staggeringly sad. Not his fault Koeman paid what palace asked. Plagued by injuries. When fit he is a very decent player and would be a good option in a front 3. Its seems some are not happy to just not rate him they seem to love to hate him too which is quite odd considering he seems a very likeable decent fella.

Same with Funes Mori. Of course we need better but celebrating losing players for under market value or when weve still got worse getting minutes is madness

Id rather have kept Funes Mori than Keane. Unless we are getting about 10m for bolasie Id rather keep him too. People happy with us paying him 60k a week to go play for boro are crazy

August 06, 2018, 09:53:20 PM
Reply #2929

themilkycoffees

Same with Funes Mori. Of course we need better but celebrating losing players for under market value or when weve still got worse getting minutes is madness

Id rather have kept Funes Mori than Keane. Unless we are getting about 10m for bolasie Id rather keep him too. People happy with us paying him 60k a week to go play for boro are crazy

Mad the way some fans celebrated losing the best CB at the club for absolute buttons.

August 06, 2018, 10:08:28 PM
Reply #2930

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mad the way some fans celebrated losing the best CB at the club for absolute buttons.

That was because we had plenty of time to replace him with someone good. But my preference would have been Williams out the door first. But he went anyway, so it didn't matter.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 10:11:26 PM
Reply #2931

Robioto

August 06, 2018, 10:17:09 PM
Reply #2932

themilkycoffees

That was because we had plenty of time to replace him with someone good. But my preference would have been Williams out the door first. But he went anyway, so it didn't matter.

Mori is better than Keane, Williams and current Jagielka though, so it's not the best move either way if you ask me. I've got high hopes for Holgate, but it wasn't the most sensible move getting rid of Mori if we weren't certain of bringing in 2 top class CBs.

August 06, 2018, 10:20:54 PM
Reply #2933

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mori is better than Keane, Williams and current Jagielka though, so it's not the best move either way if you ask me. I've got high hopes for Holgate, but it wasn't the most sensible move getting rid of Mori if we weren't certain of bringing in 2 top class CBs.

I agree. I guess they thought it was a risk worth taking. And maybe after his injury he wasn't showing signs of a return to form anyway.

Not sure he was the best of what we had due to the injury. He was only ok before it.

But what's done is done and we need a cb pronto.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 10:21:07 PM
Reply #2934

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Im still worried like. We dont look anywhere near ready!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 10:21:36 PM
Reply #2935

themilkycoffees

I agree. I guess they thought it was a risk worth taking. And maybe after his injury he wasn't showing signs of a return to form anyway.

Not sure he was the best of what we had due to the injury. He was only ok before it.

But what's done is done and we need a cb pronto.

Fully agreed, hopefully two.

August 06, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Reply #2936

Lxxx

Echoes of last season again isn't it. We were all waiting for the inevitable striker and left back right up until 11pm on deadline day and even then most of us went to bed expecting something late arriving in the early hours to be waking up to.

I'm sure we're a lot better organised this year and I believe in the new set up but maybe there just isn't the quality out there at this late stage?

August 06, 2018, 10:31:59 PM
Reply #2937

D15TIN

Annoyingly quiet today...
Im sure a lot going on behind the scenes - in fairness the richarlison & malcom bids came out of nowhere

August 06, 2018, 10:33:25 PM
Reply #2938

D15TIN

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-listening-to-offers-for-danny-welbeck-with-premier-league-trio-interested-a3904726.html

Another tentative link to Welbeck...
We need to stay away from signings like this, were not a comfortable retirement home for these injury prone, over paid crap players. He'd have no motivation. We need to target U25s with sell on value, that's why brands is there

August 06, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
Reply #2939

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cant see the welbeck thing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.