October 24, 2018, 04:03:18 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 142009 times)

August 07, 2018, 12:43:01 AM
Reply #2955

blue slug

I donít blame silva and brands really, if the quality of player is not available or not interested in coming what do you do, buy more average to shit players

August 07, 2018, 12:46:29 AM
Reply #2956

Evertonian in NC

Wasn't Mangala kind of horrid?  Not that we have much alternative now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 07, 2018, 12:48:14 AM
Reply #2957

Cozzie

Wasn't Mangala kind of horrid?  Not that we have much alternative now.

Yeah he was shite.

But I guess if we get a main CB in it wouldn't hurt I would imagine to give him another crack of the whip if he can remain injury free this time, as I would imagine it would be a loan again.

Given that I feel we need 2 CB it just seemed like it would make sense.

August 07, 2018, 12:50:10 AM
Reply #2958

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He played 20 minutes and looked better than anything else we had there all season.

August 07, 2018, 12:52:37 AM
Reply #2959

WeimaranerBlues

Mangala is bollocks, looked awful against Arsenal but everyone did, and then got injured 20 mins in v Palace a knee ligament injury. Think he is in the last year of a 5 yr contract. Rather have Zouma or Ake.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:01:45 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

August 07, 2018, 12:54:52 AM
Reply #2960

mikey_blue

I'd take Mangala too be fair. It's that point in the window where we just need a body lol.

August 07, 2018, 01:05:38 AM
Reply #2961

dunkster

I donít blame silva and brands really, if the quality of player is not available or not interested in coming what do you do, buy more average to shit players

Thought brands was bringing a bit of knowledge and magic to the party. A couple of gems that maybe have talent but can't get into starting eleven in the big teams...(ala digne)
But richarlson has silva written all over it so brands can only really take credit for digne.
And you cant really say we've got rid of some our players very well. Most raised an eyebrow over mori fee whilst everyone else has merely been loaned out or left on a free.
I'm sure if he was an ugly bastard, plenty on here would question his work so far this summer?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:08:04 AM by dunkster »
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 07, 2018, 01:16:42 AM
Reply #2962

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought brands was bringing a bit of knowledge and magic to the party. A couple of gems that maybe have talent but can't get into starting eleven in the big teams...(ala digne)
But richarlson has silva written all over it so brands can only really take credit for digne.
And you cant really say we've got rid of some our players very well. Most raised an eyebrow over mori fee whilst everyone else has merely been loaned out or left on a free.
I'm sure if he was an ugly bastard, plenty on here would question his work so far this summer?

Maybe if people expected everything to happen in one window.

I think most of us have reasonable expectations and know itís going to take a lot of time to sort the squad out.

August 07, 2018, 01:18:43 AM
Reply #2963

plumber

I have no opinion on Digne but I think Brands has been great at getting rid off shite. And I wouldn't mind if he looked like Sammy Lee.

August 07, 2018, 01:37:26 AM
Reply #2964

gizzblue

Tbh. ..the guy has had a monumental pile of shite to rid us of ...he even found a sucker to take Williams and Mirallas ....let's not do him down already ,because we have trouble inviting any half decent players to our lets face it shitshow (the last few seasons)....we've got two cracking replacements already ....and they are looking in the right areas ,which was obviously missed the last three years minimum by board and countless managers.

It's gonna take more than one window to get what we need easily ....

Whatever next ???...people will want Walsh back although brands has had fuck all time ....next it will be Marco's fault and by Christmas (if not before) some flappers calling for big Sam again .
nerry a ball kicked in the prem and some sharpening knives polishing pitchforks already .. :thumbsup:
Even with no other signings we will float to the top ten easily .

August 07, 2018, 01:48:03 AM
Reply #2965

AllyBlue14

Have to say, the Mangala shouts are horrendous. You can't say Keane is crap in one breath and suggest we go for Mangala in the next.

We were lucky injury ruled him out when it did, because he looked terrible in the 2 hours he did manage for us.

August 07, 2018, 01:52:46 AM
Reply #2966

Trowel

Premier League side Everton have opened negotiations with Lille for the transfer of central defender Adama Soumaoro, according to our colleagues at Paris United.

Talks have commenced as the Toffees begin to worry about their genuine chances of signing Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina this summer, who wants Championsí League football instead, with Lyon appearing confident of winning the race.

Lille want Ä18m in order to part with Soumaoro.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/everton-in-negotiations-with-lille-for-defender-adama-soumaoro/
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 07, 2018, 01:55:16 AM
Reply #2967

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/leeclayton_/status/1026534794316967936?s=21

Mad mirror shout about Brazilian diminutive playmaker Bernard.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2018, 02:07:14 AM
Reply #2968

Macca77

Expecting a Brand's special for a CB now, pull a rabbit out of a hat

August 07, 2018, 02:11:31 AM
Reply #2969

Robioto

Premier League side Everton have opened negotiations with Lille for the transfer of central defender Adama Soumaoro, according to our colleagues at Paris United.

Talks have commenced as the Toffees begin to worry about their genuine chances of signing Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina this summer, who wants Championsí League football instead, with Lyon appearing confident of winning the race.

Lille want Ä18m in order to part with Soumaoro.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/everton-in-negotiations-with-lille-for-defender-adama-soumaoro/

Anyone know much about him?