October 22, 2018, 07:57:07 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141782 times)

August 07, 2018, 09:54:49 PM
Reply #3015

kramer0

If we get Bernard and Mina over the line and sell (or loan) Bolasie, Sandro, and Besic, that would be a great finish to the window.

I'd still like to see us add a midfielder who can pass the ball forward from deep but I'm sort of assuming that if we sign Bernard, he's going to play centrally when everyone is fit (i.e. we might not have enough minutes for that sort of player this season).

August 07, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
Reply #3016

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If we get Bernard and Mina over the line and sell (or loan) Bolasie, Sandro, and Besic, that would be a great finish to the window.

I'd still like to see us add a midfielder who can pass the ball forward from deep but I'm sort of assuming that if we sign Bernard, he's going to play centrally when everyone is fit (i.e. we might not have enough minutes for that sort of player this season).

I think he’s looking for a more progressive 6 to take some of that load. Dribble / pass it into richarlison / Walcott / Bernie / Gylfi
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2018, 10:24:34 PM
Reply #3017

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
⚖️| Bernard is not a direct replacement for Lookman, Silva's hoping to keep hold of him. The player still wants to leave for Leipzig, but Silva has asked him to give the new setup a chance until January. Bolasie, Vlašić, Sandro & Calvert-Lewin could all be sold/loaned instead.

This is from a twitter account called Everton insider.

Looks to be a legit account to be fair.

DCL out on loan?

August 07, 2018, 10:28:25 PM
Reply #3018

Evertonian in NC

DCL on loan gives more credence to Walcott playing centrally.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 07, 2018, 10:37:36 PM
Reply #3019

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That or Silva doesn't rate him
Simply simply lovely

August 07, 2018, 10:46:54 PM
Reply #3020

D15TIN

I'd be interested to see Walcott as the 9, he's usually a very good finisher, might be a good option away from home

August 07, 2018, 10:47:39 PM
Reply #3021

blue slug

I'd be interested to see Walcott as the 9, he's usually a very good finisher, might be a good option away from home

I always thought he was regarded as a poor finisher to be honest dude

August 07, 2018, 10:53:37 PM
Reply #3022

sam of the south

In some ways, yes, but we would be weaker in the air without Tosun there
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 07, 2018, 10:54:23 PM
Reply #3023

KoemansNumberTens

Me and Marco. Two handsome fuckers with great football insight

August 07, 2018, 11:01:07 PM
Reply #3024

Mouse

I'm still too long an Everton supporter to count my Brazillian chickens just yet. But, IF Bernard is finalised tomorrow and we get a half decent centre-half (hopefully Mina but I'm pretty sure there will be someone lined up) then Silva and Brands have achieved a lot more in one window than anticipated through even the bluest glasses.

I was firmly in the 'give him 3 windows' glass half empty camp only a few weeks ago. I had no expectation to actually be fighting the optimism threatening to creep up on me. The Usmanov news has forced me to check out our 'highlights' of 17/18 to prevent wild thoughts of silverware,  European qualification and unlimited funds to achieve world domination in two seasons.

Fair play to the management though, I'd virtually written this season off as one of nothing more than upper mid-table consolidation. Instead, we have a left wing(!), some samba flair and potentially a monster centre half. A little excitement and the dreaded optimism. Not bad.

August 07, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
Reply #3025

Evertonian in NC

it can be two things

/still, unlikely to go into the season with just Tosun and Niasse as central options, yeah?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:03:55 PM by Evertonian in NC »
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 07, 2018, 11:04:33 PM
Reply #3026

MmmblueBernard

Walcott is 10x the finisher that DCL is.

A loan is exactly what DCL needs. One where he starts every game.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 07, 2018, 11:07:39 PM
Reply #3027

Evertonian in NC

Walcott is 10x the finisher that DCL is.

A loan is exactly what DCL needs. One where he starts every game.

Problem is, do we have a partner we trust that way?  And we would also likely need the option to recall him in January if injuries strike.

August 07, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
Reply #3028

D15TIN

na don't think so, he's hit 20 and 30 at arsenal in the past

August 07, 2018, 11:15:01 PM
Reply #3029

D15TIN

I think DCL has a role to play this season, but more off the bench