November 19, 2018, 07:40:57 PM

Author Topic: Board restructure  (Read 2867 times)

May 16, 2018, 04:30:24 AM
Reply #30

bluenuck

May 16, 2018, 05:37:53 AM
Reply #31

Frevski

Magister, but not disclosing anything further on the circumstances of that award on a public forum. Have several professional accolades but no need to disclose those.
Does that come with some sort of helmet?

May 16, 2018, 05:39:25 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

A ceremonial flute I believe
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 16, 2018, 06:14:49 AM
Reply #33

MmmblueBernard

A purple velvet robe and a bag of runes.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 16, 2018, 07:10:10 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I always thought professor was attained with a PhD in the Uk.

When I saw it in this thread I immediately thought of the professor in Bagpuss.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 16, 2018, 11:42:56 AM
Reply #35

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What the hell is a magister? A magistrate?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 16, 2018, 12:22:41 PM
Reply #36

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I thought it was what they called sorcerers back in the middle ages.  Like Merlin.
My momma says I'm special.

May 16, 2018, 12:33:56 PM
Reply #37

Ramjam

I thought it was a posh Scouser
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 16, 2018, 12:34:10 PM
Reply #38

bluenuck

A fancy word for a teacher, or prof.

May 16, 2018, 12:44:23 PM
Reply #39

eyesalwaysblue

A half arsed one...it suits
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 16, 2018, 01:09:06 PM
Reply #40

Macca77

A prince amoung men, show some bloody respect

May 16, 2018, 02:55:27 PM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I thought a magister was the foreign (see: Latin) name for a masters degree?

And @blargins , PhD confers the title of Doctor to the recipient.
Professor in the UK is an title given by a university to it's most respected acidemics after years of work, teaching, study & research. Ones with years of study & teaching (in the States i think it means less, basically somebody who teaches undergrads will have a professor title).
In both though, it's basically a job title - not something gained by a set course.

May 16, 2018, 11:53:02 PM
Reply #42

Gibbsy76

@Mick 1995 is almost dead on with this. "Professor" in the UK is usually given to an academic that changes the way that students/people think about a given subject. My understanding of the UK scheme is that it's pretty tough to get given the levels of publication etc. that you have attain. In North America generally, it's part of a rank (e.g Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor [this is supposed to be the UK equivalent]), and although one would hope that you have to do the same thing as in the UK, you don't necessarily. I know some right shite who have that rank and got it simply through time served.

Wasn't she given her professorship in April at Liverpool Hope University? Maybe I just read that somewhere...

May 16, 2018, 11:55:59 PM
Reply #43

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, in the same way universities confer honorary doctorates they can also grant honorary professorships.

I think she may have got it for the almost miraculous work EitC do.

May 17, 2018, 12:00:06 AM
Reply #44

dunkster

Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale ...Hopefully she's like professor mcgonagall...proper bad arse her..could turn into a fricken cat
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER