October 16, 2019, 11:38:02 PM

Author Topic: allardyce trying to justify himself on talksport now..  (Read 7037 times)

May 17, 2018, 06:31:33 PM
Reply #45

Alanvideo

Are Talksport going to give Moyes the same platform ? if SA had any class he would have kept his mouth shut.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 17, 2018, 06:35:57 PM
Reply #46

dunkster

There's one fundamental thing they are all missing and that's ENTERTAINMENT. It's the Everton supporters who pay their bucks to watch the team.  And they want to be entertained.
If you go to a restaurant and they serve you tastless crap to eat, they could argue that your belly is still full and you got the nutrients you need to survive.  But at £40 a head you expect far more for your money.
They just don't get it...fuck em
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 17, 2018, 06:46:07 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Spot on. This was his chance to put the stereotypes about his style of football and abilities to bed. Instead he just reverted to type and always gave the impression that he was more important than the club, the players, and the fans.

The thing that's doing my head in is the amount of people the media are asking for opinions who have absolutely no affinity with Everton. Fucking Kevin Nolan, Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, all of whom completely missing the point. It's only been a day and I'm already sick of this "be careful what you wish for" patronising crap.

Going to be a lot of people who canít wait to stick the boot in at the first hurdle - I just hope we can all get behind whoever the new man is and keep some positivity going, hopefully have a stormer and rub it in their big fat faces.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 17, 2018, 06:46:37 PM
Reply #48

blueski

he is just doing whats required to ensure he gets a job again next season

some club will hire him in December or January for a nice £6-8m payday for a partial season worth of work again

It really is a quality gig if you can get it-avoid all the hassles of summer, and preseason preparation, save a club from relegation by managing it in a manner unthinkably dire to most managers, even those in trouble, get sacked and go on a 6 month holiday waiting for the next one
Nil Satis

May 17, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's one fundamental thing they are all missing and that's ENTERTAINMENT. It's the Everton supporters who pay their bucks to watch the team.  And they want to be entertained.
If you go to a restaurant and they serve you tastless crap to eat, they could argue that your belly is still full and you got the nutrients you need to survive.  But at £40 a head you expect far more for your money.
They just don't get it...fuck em

For me itís not even REALLY about entertainment, Iím not expecting jogs bonita, but we do need long term plans and progression - anyone with one working eyeball can see Sam is not, and has not ever been, the man for that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 17, 2018, 06:55:41 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
For me itís not even REALLY about entertainment, Iím not expecting jogs bonita, but we do need long term plans and progression - anyone with one working eyeball can see Sam is not, and has not ever been, the man for that.

Yes itís the hope that it will be better next year that keeps you going.

Canít be starting the season with a ďwhatís the point?Ē attitude.

Although I do think that entertainment will be an increasing factor everywhere.

A combination of the cost of attending hitting Home and the chances of actually winning the league receding for all but a select few will reduce the acceptance of points at all costs and increase a demand for enjoyment.

Weíre in an interesting place as weíre unlike to be relegated and (very) unlikely to win the league.

If every team plays to par next season weíll finish 7th. So if thatís the case you need enjoyment on top of the hope that it will be better in terms of achievement the season after.

May 17, 2018, 07:03:17 PM
Reply #51

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:04:25 PM by Toffee1 »

May 17, 2018, 07:05:13 PM
Reply #52

Lxxx

The be careful what you wish for thinking is linked to the need to change our image.

As mentioned before we need to show that even with an awful season we still finish 8th.

Allardyceís Ppg (33 Pts/ 24 games = 1.375) would give 52 pts over the season.

Thatís not enough even this season for European qualification.

But the perception with these people is that that was still good for us.

Non of the top 6 are ever considered relegation candidates and so any managerial changes are seen as a positive.

We wonít just jump into that bracket but we need to be portrayed/ seen as a team that fails if it doesnít qualify for Europe (or at least be in a position that often does) and also if it doesnít look likely that we will qualify the year after.

This for me and should be a priority of Moshiri's now. He's got a second bite at the cherry, forget the false start and let's create the type of ambitious club players want to play for, sponsors want to be associated with and Sky/BT want to put on the TV again.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:06:30 PM by Lxxx »

May 17, 2018, 07:18:55 PM
Reply #53

Ravardo

Did anyone hear the everton fan on talkshite being abusive i missed it but heard them apologising fort it?

May 17, 2018, 07:24:49 PM
Reply #54

Ross

Apparently we wanted to insert a break clause but he demanded 18 months, no option.

You can imagine Silvas agent is rubbing his hands hearing stuff like this.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 17, 2018, 07:32:47 PM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You can imagine Silvas agent is rubbing his hands hearing stuff like this.

Well I think we were happy to essentially take out expensive insurance cover.

An extra £6m is cheaper than finishing 13th even, compared to 8th.

Itís hard to just stop paying a certain level of wage as any agent will point to the previous encumbentís wage (as would anyone in the normal world) but with all the changes Iíd expect it to be more realistic.

May 17, 2018, 07:35:17 PM
Reply #56

American Evertonian

Liverpool built their history on 1-0 wins throughout the 70's & 80's...however they were very entertaining, played good football and won trophies....(god that stuck in my throat)...

we got 1 -0 wins with one shot on goal....draws with no shots on target...

big difference..

and whichever way people want to paint it......it was terrible performances overall...and only the manager can take the responsibility for that...

I ask myself..if he hadn't come in the way he did..ie after 3 other managers...been with us all season and we finished where we did and the way we did.......would we have still kept him ??

Different eras mate. Don't think that Liverpool squad would be grinding out wins against modern day City or Liverpool.

In addition, I would say players are faster, bigger, and more skilled now days than in the 70's and 80's so those days are likey gone.

I don't think being 19th and 20th in almost all offensive stats would save anyone their job unless they make CL as a team outside the top 6. Big Sam has antiquated tactics and is the only one that can't see that. He should be thanking us for giving him a job after disgraceful fall from the England job.
Are we there yet?

May 17, 2018, 07:43:29 PM
Reply #57

Ross

Well I think we were happy to essentially take out expensive insurance cover.

An extra £6m is cheaper than finishing 13th even, compared to 8th.

Itís hard to just stop paying a certain level of wage as any agent will point to the previous encumbentís wage (as would anyone in the normal world) but with all the changes Iíd expect it to be more realistic.

Hopefully whoever comes in gets a deal truly representative of their ability. Promise them the earth if itís what it takes just learn some lessons from the past and make it heavily incentivised to keep them hungry and focused.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 17, 2018, 08:51:49 PM
Reply #58

sam of the south

Itís not even the entertainment thing for me.

It was the lack of sustainability in all of the approaches of our last three permanent managers.

Their philosophy and tactics didnít produce enough quality, clear-cut goal scoring opportunities, and at the same time they didnít limit the opposition enough at the other end.

Even Martinezí first season was supplemented by a fair amount of screamers from outside the box.

It was juxtaposed with a lot of us laughing at Rogers early days at The Shite, but they were still having 20+ shots per game, and it took a change of tactics to lobbing it over the top for the pace of Sterling and Suarez and then they nearly won the league.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

May 17, 2018, 08:59:49 PM
Reply #59

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber