October 22, 2019, 12:27:46 AM

Author Topic: allardyce trying to justify himself on talksport now..  (Read 7076 times)

May 17, 2018, 04:33:08 PM
Read 7076 times

Ross

Sounded like he’d got a banging hangover.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 17, 2018, 04:37:12 PM
Reply #1

Ross

I'd have a fucking massive hangover if some cunt had just given me £6m for doing fuck all.

No to mention the £2m “staying up” bonus!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 17, 2018, 07:24:49 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Apparently we wanted to insert a break clause but he demanded 18 months, no option.

You can imagine Silvas agent is rubbing his hands hearing stuff like this.

May 17, 2018, 07:43:29 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Well I think we were happy to essentially take out expensive insurance cover.

An extra £6m is cheaper than finishing 13th even, compared to 8th.

It’s hard to just stop paying a certain level of wage as any agent will point to the previous encumbent’s wage (as would anyone in the normal world) but with all the changes I’d expect it to be more realistic.

Hopefully whoever comes in gets a deal truly representative of their ability. Promise them the earth if it’s what it takes just learn some lessons from the past and make it heavily incentivised to keep them hungry and focused.