October 18, 2019, 10:48:18 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22465 times)

May 31, 2018, 09:18:11 PM
Read 22465 times

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 01, 2018, 01:59:29 AM
Reply #1

Ross

This man needs to be captain. Love the fella.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1002216037495001089

Yeah itís his time now especially with all the changes going on.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 04, 2018, 05:47:36 PM
Reply #2

Ross

He's 40 years old. Going over his long career as a manager so far you've managed to convince yourself he's not the man for the job. Unbelievable.

Pretty sure heís only looking at the pattern of his career to date.

Heís been a manager for 7 years and weíre his 6th club, heís had a new club every season for the past 5.

Itís not the sort of record that indicates a long term stay is it?

June 04, 2018, 06:15:06 PM
Reply #3

Ross

As ever the devil is in the detail.

There's only been one job that he's left under any sign of a cloud, which was Olympiakos citing 'personal reasons.' The rest all have valid explanations attached to them which stand up to scrutiny.

Surely Watford?

And Iím pretty sure he was sacked at Sporting for falling out with the board.

Whichever way you look at it heís not a fella to stick around so saying heís unlikely to be here past 2 years is a fair estimate.

July 26, 2018, 05:39:19 PM
Reply #4

Ross

We've obviously done something very wrong here.

Apart from worse case scenario points deduction (which I doubt weíll get) all this negative publicity heaps more pressure on Silva to be an instant success because the media and pundits will be jumping all over him/us and asking questions right from the start.

What is interesting is iirc the club media friendly journalists at the time were quick to distance Kenwright from the managerial hunt.

July 26, 2018, 06:34:42 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Donít think we have.

And donít think the media will be interested once the season starts and there are plenty of real things to talk about so canít see any pressure being raised that wouldnít be there anyway.

Theyíre just saving face because they made a fuss and have now realised that they canít get any money from it and donít want to look like theyíve been cheaply fobbed off as part of the Richarlison deal.

If we donít start well and this is rumbling on in the background the media will definitely start using the ďwas he worth itĒ narrative.

Watford clearly feel theyíve got some sort of case and theyíre pushing the league to judge on it, whether they have or not only time and an investigation will tell I suppose. The sooner itís sorted the better for all parties.

July 26, 2018, 10:48:23 PM
Reply #6

Ross

I get the impression you want us to be found wrong and Silva to be under pressure, might be wrong like but that's how it comes across

I get the impression youíre imagining things that arenít there.