October 17, 2019, 04:43:14 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22410 times)

June 01, 2018, 02:38:40 AM
Reply #90

Shogun

Administrator
Really pleased to hear him talking about age not being a factor and I've heard this about him from former players too.

That's a really positive thing for Holgate in particular and possible Robinson if he impresses pre-season. DCL could have a part of play but not as a starter and Davies should become a much better footballer on the ball.

I don't think Dowell particularly fits anywhere though.

June 01, 2018, 02:44:34 AM
Reply #91

blue slug

Really pleased to hear him talking about age not being a factor and I've heard this about him from former players too.

That's a really positive thing for Holgate in particular and possible Robinson if he impresses pre-season. DCL could have a part of play but not as a starter and Davies should become a much better footballer on the ball.

I’m liking what he’s saying he’s highly regarded by his past players and is meticulous with his planning for tactics and wants his players fit and working hard without the ball. I really am hopeful for the future but we all need to give him a long time in my opinion as a lot of the players he’s inheriting are not what he’d want to implement his philosophy

June 01, 2018, 02:45:36 AM
Reply #92

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez didn't work on set pieces or pressing the opposition etc, very slow build up play etc. He was crap

Martinez biggest weakness was he couldn’t close a game out, we were forever most vulnerable in the last 15 minutes.

June 01, 2018, 02:49:33 AM
Reply #93

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Given how Dowell’s season tailed off and seemingly got some stick, I just can’t see how he shouldn’t be loaned out again.

We don’t particularly like players who look lackadaisical as it is, and that would only be worse if a player only appears every now and again as they wouldn’t ever get up to speed.

June 01, 2018, 02:52:36 AM
Reply #94

Bluedylan

If we were to play a 4-2-3-1, as he has elsewhere at times, couldn't Dowell be the understudy to Gylfi in the AM role, playing some cup games and coming off the bench sometimes?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 01, 2018, 03:08:42 AM
Reply #95

Tinga

If we were to play a 4-2-3-1, as he has elsewhere at times, couldn't Dowell be the understudy to Gylfi in the AM role, playing some cup games and coming off the bench sometimes?

What personality does Siggy have? If he is resolute we are quids in to be honest.

June 01, 2018, 03:46:31 AM
Reply #96

toffee_scot

The Brands interview was interesting, it must have been filmed the same time the DoF was unveiled.

Sounds like a lot of work and planning has been going on behind the scenes, let's just hope we have a decent transfer window and form a team that gels much better than last season's.

June 01, 2018, 03:49:15 AM
Reply #97

blue slug

I hope a lot of transfer targets have already been identified and we move quickly

June 01, 2018, 03:59:59 AM
Reply #98

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The Brands interview was interesting, it must have been filmed the same time the DoF was unveiled.

Sounds like a lot of work and planning has been going on behind the scenes, let's just hope we have a decent transfer window and form a team that gels much better than last season's.

I was thinking that, it's the clearly the same day.

Nice to know it's all been signed and sealed for a few weeks.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 01, 2018, 04:44:30 AM
Reply #99

Paddockoldie

Martinez biggest weakness was he couldn’t close a game out, we were forever most vulnerable in the last 15 minutes.

He would never admit he was wrong either.. Drove me up the fuckin wall he did.. Fine margins, intensity, phenomenonal... But never I got it wrong.

June 01, 2018, 04:46:35 AM
Reply #100

Ramjam

He would never admit he was wrong either.. Drove me up the fuckin wall he did.. Fine margins, intensity, phenomenonal... But never I got it wrong.
He liked everybody and would never say anything off the cuff or have a random spat at anyone. Nice guys finish last.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 01, 2018, 04:46:53 AM
Reply #101

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez biggest weakness was he couldn't close a game out, we were forever most vulnerable in the last 15 minutes.
He had us in so many good positions but then he threw them away, the biggest nearly manager of all time
Simply simply lovely

June 01, 2018, 04:58:16 AM
Reply #102

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Given how Dowell’s season tailed off and seemingly got some stick, I just can’t see how he shouldn’t be loaned out again.

We don’t particularly like players who look lackadaisical as it is, and that would only be worse if a player only appears every now and again as they wouldn’t ever get up to speed.

Dowell was moved to the wing apparently. Even his manager said it was the most likely reason it affected his game. Who knows how he would have been if he'd carried on centrally.

He liked everybody and would never say anything off the cuff or have a random spat at anyone. Nice guys finish last.

So to complete splogniff's like Allardyce.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 01, 2018, 05:03:38 AM
Reply #103

Gash

Global Moderator

Baines would probably disagree with that.

I don't think he was a nice guy, I reckon he'll be the type that on the outside comes across as a decent sort but behind the scenes was a bit of a stubborn cunt who wouldn't listen to anyone's suggestions or feedback and would actually take it as criticism if they did. It's not like there was a line of players coming out and supporting him and saying they'd miss him when he's gone, in fact if rumours were true it was the opposite and he'd lost most of the players.

June 01, 2018, 05:11:18 AM
Reply #104

howard1334

Happy with this. Chance he will be gone within a year or two, as the below Guardian article makes clear, but hopeful that Everton will be fun to watch again in the meantime.

Am a little concerned about how well he will work with a DOF, as apparently some of his dissatisfaction at Watford was the result of his limited influence over transfers.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/may/31/everton-marco-silva-manager-third-premier-league-club