October 22, 2019, 10:12:16 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22565 times)

June 01, 2018, 08:14:12 PM
Reply #120

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 01, 2018, 08:29:09 PM
Reply #121

Toddacelli

I'm optimistic.

Last season's highlights for me were all off the pitch, pre-season - that was when i was excited and proud to be an Evertonian.

How fucking bad is that? I am confident that I will have reasons to cheer once the season has started this year as well.

I work in a place that employs people from all over the world to deliver service to customers all over the world and last season it felt like every PL team and European team that beat us - someone would come and rub my nose in it. Well fuck that - stick it up 'em Marco.

We've been too long without any Silva at this club.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 01, 2018, 10:34:59 PM
Reply #122

sam of the south

I'd hang off on changing that just yet. Let's see if he's still here at the end of the season.

So you’d just rather keep Koeman on there  :eh:
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

June 01, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
Reply #123

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So you’d just rather keep Koeman on there  :eh:

Apparently it costs money to change the image. Ask Si.

Better off changing it to something that will never change like the logo or something.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 01, 2018, 10:43:52 PM
Reply #124

sam of the south

Better off changing it to something that will never change like the logo or something.

Ah right, fair enough.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

June 02, 2018, 12:25:39 AM
Reply #125

howard1334

Do Watford have a DOF? I thought it was just their owner deciding to bring players in from one of his other clubs all the time?

My point was not that he did not like working under a DOF at Watford but that he was unhappy with the level of control he had over transfers, and similarly, the presence of a DOF at Everton will also limit his control over transfers at Everton. But you are right; the situations at Watford and Everton are different. Hopefully this will be a non-issue.

June 02, 2018, 12:48:44 AM
Reply #126

sam of the south

I’m sure most of you have seen this, but it’s pretty enlightening, especially the realisation that he got Cleverley playing far more effectively than most of us thought possible (it also highlights the paucity of real quality that he had to work with at Vicarage Road, Richarlison and Doucouré apart)

Henry David Thoreau

June 02, 2018, 04:03:45 AM
Reply #127

toffee_scot

Or Duncan Ferguson, well he has survived 4 managerial changes.

June 02, 2018, 08:31:03 AM
Reply #128

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-atletico-madrid-model-marco-14733260.amp

Half way down it says Simeon’s people contacted us. Why didn’t we go further? Simeon or Allardyce? Wtf?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 02, 2018, 02:18:28 PM
Reply #129

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

June 02, 2018, 02:29:52 PM
Reply #130

Mac934

Nailed on, opening day fixture, Watford v Everton.

June 02, 2018, 02:34:25 PM
Reply #131

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 02, 2018, 02:41:34 PM
Reply #132

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 02, 2018, 02:57:20 PM
Reply #133

Jamokachi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-atletico-madrid-model-marco-14733260.amp

Half way down it says Simeon’s people contacted us. Why didn’t we go further? Simeon or Allardyce? Wtf?

There's a lot more to it than you're making out, as if we weren't interested.

His people got in touch to express an interest in our "project". But that by no means indicates either party were in a position to move on a deal in October/November. In fact from what I heard Simeone's people had said they wold be interested in discussing the situation at the end of the season. Since then Simeone has signed a new deal at Atletico, so was it merely a double bluff from his representatives to move along those negotiations? Also, we were clearly in talks with Brands (his quotes suggest 2 years of talks), so you have to take into account his opinion and decision, perhaps he doesn't see Simeone as suiting our project?

In short, there are numerous reasons as to why this didn't happen, so there's really no need for the "wtf" disbelief response and the comment on Allardyce over him, as that's quite clearly far too simplistic a statement. 

June 02, 2018, 02:57:40 PM
Reply #134

Macca77

Makes me laugh that, they sacked him, why the fuck should they get any compo