August 25, 2019, 12:50:15 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 21378 times)

June 02, 2018, 02:57:20 PM
Read 21378 times

Jamokachi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-atletico-madrid-model-marco-14733260.amp

Half way down it says Simeonís people contacted us. Why didnít we go further? Simeon or Allardyce? Wtf?

There's a lot more to it than you're making out, as if we weren't interested.

His people got in touch to express an interest in our "project". But that by no means indicates either party were in a position to move on a deal in October/November. In fact from what I heard Simeone's people had said they wold be interested in discussing the situation at the end of the season. Since then Simeone has signed a new deal at Atletico, so was it merely a double bluff from his representatives to move along those negotiations? Also, we were clearly in talks with Brands (his quotes suggest 2 years of talks), so you have to take into account his opinion and decision, perhaps he doesn't see Simeone as suiting our project?

In short, there are numerous reasons as to why this didn't happen, so there's really no need for the "wtf" disbelief response and the comment on Allardyce over him, as that's quite clearly far too simplistic a statement. 

June 02, 2018, 02:59:47 PM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

We were prepared to pay 12m compo, I'm sure we'll be fine whatever we need to fork out.

June 02, 2018, 07:07:11 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

That story is the first I've heard of anyone from his camp expressing any interest in joining us, so the rest of what you wrote I have no idea about and the article didn't mention it. I know we've had fanciful ideas of him joining us, but that's all I thought they were.

Nah, it was pretty widely reported on.

July 24, 2018, 06:06:58 PM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

Horrible racist undertones too.

July 25, 2018, 04:25:20 AM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Didn't find it funny myself but it's one of them where you have to be a bit of a racist to detect anything racist in it. I certainly didn't. Piss, onion bhajis and hot dog water. How is that racist in any way shape or form?

You fucking what?

July 25, 2018, 04:34:05 AM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

I do miss the quality of Indian food in the UK, really hard to find decent places here.

July 26, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

Anyone actually read the statement?

Yep, forfeited any right to compensation, so it's not about the money.

July 26, 2018, 05:22:36 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Watford FC feels compelled to make the following statement in a bid to correct erroneous and misleading media reports concerning an ongoing dispute with Everton FC.

The club have made an official complaint to the Premier League over an allegation of an illegal approach to former manager, Marco Silva.

The complaint to the Premier League makes clear the seriousness of the allegation and what the club believes is overwhelming evidence of a clear breach of Premier League rules.

At the request of the Premier League we entered into mediation with Everton in a process that involved club officials and their respective legal teams, with no conclusion being reached.

Therefore the disciplinary process continues. In pursuing its disciplinary claim, the club has known from the outset it forfeited any right to compensation as a consequence of not following a proposed arbitration process.

We believe this situation is not about a compensation figure but the principle of making a stand when the actions of one Premier League club completely undermine and cause intrinsic damage to a fellow member club.

We trust in the Premier League to fully investigate the complaint and we will comply with that process.

The club will be making no further comment

https://www.watfordfc.com/club/club-statement-watford-fc-official-statement

July 27, 2018, 11:57:39 AM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

If this had happened the other way 'round we'd be furious with Watford, and quite probably rightly so.