October 23, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22600 times)

May 31, 2018, 09:45:16 PM
Read 22600 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Happy enough with this. Regardless of those trying to put a negative spin on his PL record there's no doubt that he's highly regarded, ambitious and players who have worked with him speak highly of him and his methods. We've got him and Brands in early as well so they can now start working together to sort the squad (and no doubt moral) in time for the start of pre season.

May 31, 2018, 10:00:04 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Reckon Ross Barkley will be thinking, wish I'd stayed now?

He'll be the only one.  :whistle:

June 01, 2018, 05:03:38 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
He liked everybody and would never say anything off the cuff or have a random spat at anyone. Nice guys finish last.

Baines would probably disagree with that.

I don't think he was a nice guy, I reckon he'll be the type that on the outside comes across as a decent sort but behind the scenes was a bit of a stubborn cunt who wouldn't listen to anyone's suggestions or feedback and would actually take it as criticism if they did. It's not like there was a line of players coming out and supporting him and saying they'd miss him when he's gone, in fact if rumours were true it was the opposite and he'd lost most of the players.

June 02, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Still don't think there's anything to worry about. The fact the Premier League have been notified but told us to try and sort it ourselves suggests they still see it as minor issue and would rather not get involved.

June 04, 2018, 01:42:17 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
I can't remember more cases of "I hope he proves me wrong" than there has been over the last couple of weeks.

June 14, 2018, 04:57:12 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Just heard something really weird/coincidental....

considering watford are after us for compensation for Silva.....they have to pay us 3.5 million as part of the delefeou deal !!!

anyone else cast some light on this...

Can't see why they'd need to pay us anything? We sold him to Barca, I'd have thought if there was any money due it would be from them rather than Watford.