October 19, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 16213 times)

June 02, 2018, 02:59:47 PM
Reply #135

Jamokachi

We were prepared to pay 12m compo, I'm sure we'll be fine whatever we need to fork out.

June 02, 2018, 03:04:55 PM
Reply #136

KoemansNumberTens

Makes me laugh that, they sacked him, why the fuck should they get any compo

Cos results were shit. They want 2 bites at the cherry. Turned an offer down. Then he becomes worth less to them months later and they then want the offer. Itís a whole load of nonsense

June 02, 2018, 03:08:59 PM
Reply #137

sam of the south

Cos results were shit. They want 2 bites at the cherry. Turned an offer down. Then he becomes worth less to them months later and they then want the offer. Itís a whole load of nonsense

Yes, I agree.

Itís verging on Kopshite behaviour.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 02, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Reply #138

Gash

Global Moderator
Still don't think there's anything to worry about. The fact the Premier League have been notified but told us to try and sort it ourselves suggests they still see it as minor issue and would rather not get involved.

June 02, 2018, 03:19:55 PM
Reply #139

Ramjam

We were prepared to pay 12m compo, I'm sure we'll be fine whatever we need to fork out.
I think so as well however they have been a bit Johnny come lately with their request for compo, they should have taken up the claim at the time of the approach. Since then we moved on and appointed Sam they accepted that and moved to dismiss silva of their own accord and now that we have Sacked Sam and moved to appoint a manager who was sacked from his previous appointment (Silva) it just seems a wee bit rich that they have decided to come for the compo now. Fuck them.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 02, 2018, 03:20:00 PM
Reply #140

Bluedylan

I have to say, I couldn't be less arsed or interested in the compo thing. The clubs will sort it between themselves, and it'll be a relatively small amount compared to the other amounts we've layed out in the last couple of years.

The club's done the right thing, appointing him and getting on with things. Do Watford have the right to some compo? Maybe. Who gives a fuck. It's a billionaire arguing with multi-millionaires over a few quid.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 02, 2018, 03:25:43 PM
Reply #141

Paddockoldie

In the words of Boris Johnson.. Go whistle!! Tell them to fuck off. What can they actually do when they sacked the fella?

June 02, 2018, 03:33:28 PM
Reply #142

Bluedylan

In the words of Boris Johnson.. Go whistle!! Tell them to fuck off. What can they actually do when they sacked the fella?

Well presumably they can say that we made an illegal approach to their manager, which altered his performance and destabilised their season, costing them money and a higher finishing place. Seems quite straight forward.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 02, 2018, 03:36:43 PM
Reply #143

Ramjam

Well presumably they can say that we made an illegal approach to their manager, which altered his performance and destabilised their season, costing them money and a higher finishing place. Seems quite straight forward.
Why didnít they run with it at the time, why now?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 02, 2018, 03:41:21 PM
Reply #144

Alanvideo

Why didn’t they run with it at the time, why now?
.................been going on for months not just now ,Watford complained to the PL in about March ,talks have been held at least two occasions.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 02, 2018, 03:43:18 PM
Reply #145

Ramjam

.................been going on for months not just now ,Watford complained to the PL in about March ,talks have been held at least two occasions.
Ok I wasnít aware of that, compo should be minimal anyway
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 02, 2018, 04:00:52 PM
Reply #146

sam of the south

Expect a record fine, and a 30 point penalty 😊
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 02, 2018, 04:26:03 PM
Reply #147

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Not sure of the sequence of events actually but did not Man UTd. De-stabilise us by telling Moyes he had the job, donít sign a new contract and keep stumm ? Think the Watford thing should go to a court of Law,
would like to see how they could possibly prove that we cost them money by de stabilising them, itís a simple case of an illegal tap up, itís happened loads of times , our neighbours are world class at it, there are precedents for the penalty and it is nowhere near in the millions.

June 02, 2018, 04:38:07 PM
Reply #148

toffee_scot

On Everton's YouTube channel it looks like there will be a press conference featuring Brands and Silva on Monday, be interesting to hear more from them

June 02, 2018, 05:01:41 PM
Reply #149

Paddockoldie

We were rebuffed so the drop in performance is circumstantial at best. If Spurs start being poor is that because RM came knocking? Thinking and proving in law are two different beasts. I'd still tell them to swivel.