October 14, 2019, 05:51:29 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22315 times)

July 25, 2018, 02:51:59 AM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
@Escla

People all over the world take the piss out of British Food. Sure you have great restaurants but they not serving authentic British cuisine as it's main items.

Portoguese food is the best especially Peri-Peri prawns.

Con, or Blargs for that matter, could you please give me three examples of what you call “authentic British cuisine” ?

Btw. peri peri is Angolan, not Portuguese.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:55:02 AM by Escla »

July 25, 2018, 03:08:54 AM
Reply #16

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yorkshire Pudding
Mushy peas
Black Pudding
Roast Beef(actually like this)
Fish and Chips
Steak and Kidney Pie
toad in the hole.

Yorkshire pudding is a garnish, not a dish, mushy peas are an accompaniment, Black pudding a componant of a full English breakfast, greatest in the world, Roast beef, yes we eat a lot of this, and it’s good.
Fish and chips, nobody does it better than the Sea Shell in Lisson Grove or Jules off Kensington High St,
served with a buttered bread roll and a bottle of Frascatti, steak and kidney pie, agreed a great English dish, toad in the hole, nice if you have quality sausages in it, but I equally enjoy a good boerawoerst off a decent Braai  in S,A.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:37:02 AM by Escla »

July 25, 2018, 03:12:54 AM
Reply #17

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd add onto what Con wrote above, bubble & squeak, Scouse has to be there too I guess :). Bangers & mash (yummy). I'll think of some more, it's been a long time.

Too long I think Blargs, the Lyons Cafe on Piccadilly Circus has long gone and the Wimpy went in 1976 😀

July 25, 2018, 03:20:06 AM
Reply #18

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We do have quality produce here (eg fish/ seas food - lots of the mussels, hake etc that you get in Spain is from here) just that much of it has slipped from people’s diets.

Am in Tenby at the moment, fresh dressed crab, Whole lobster less than £15 , just had a fresh caught mackerel in brown butter with Pembrokeshire new potatoes (ask Brownie, better than Jersey Royals all day long) and you are right, some of our best fish being served in France/Spain/Portugal.

July 25, 2018, 03:25:11 AM
Reply #19

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just an fyi black putting is way more than a breakfast thing .....I love it on salads sprinkled over ....but my absolute fave is smoked haddock fillet poached egg ,mushy peas and bury black pudding ....its awesome ...and certainly not just for breckie  :thumbsup:

Bury black pudding the best in the world ! Love it on a salad too with a soft poached egg, sounds great with the haddock, will try that.

July 25, 2018, 03:43:28 AM
Reply #20

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Love a good braai. English breakfast is decent but not my fvourite

Actually a full Irish is better, includes all the English plus white pudding and potato pancakes.

July 25, 2018, 01:14:25 PM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
When you leaving Tenby?

In about an hour, quick stop off in Narberth then back to the smoke and heat.

July 25, 2018, 02:01:02 PM
Reply #22

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Should I give this a go for sure? And recommendations on what to try?

Closed down unfortunately, try the Al Hamra round the corner in Shepherd Market, just as good as Fakreldine was but just as pricey.