August 20, 2018, 11:24:42 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 14552 times)

June 02, 2018, 05:20:19 PM
Reply #150

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
On Everton's YouTube channel it looks like there will be a press conference featuring Brands and Silva on Monday, be interesting to hear more from them

Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 02, 2018, 05:40:46 PM
Reply #151

Bluedylan

We were rebuffed so the drop in performance is circumstantial at best. If Spurs start being poor is that because RM came knocking? Thinking and proving in law are two different beasts. I'd still tell them to swivel.

Genuinely no idea why people are bothered about this.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 02, 2018, 05:51:18 PM
Reply #152

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure the compo thing will be sorted.

You'd hope Watford won't want to drag it out as much as Everton don't.
You'd imagine part of his contract termination at Watford had some kind of compensation clause owed to Watford should another club take him on in the next X amount of years, in return for a favourable severance package for Silva.
We paid it to Palace for Sam (although he quit, not got sacked) so I reckon we'll be ok to pay it for Silva.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 02, 2018, 06:22:48 PM
Reply #153

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There's a lot more to it than you're making out, as if we weren't interested.

His people got in touch to express an interest in our "project". But that by no means indicates either party were in a position to move on a deal in October/November. In fact from what I heard Simeone's people had said they wold be interested in discussing the situation at the end of the season. Since then Simeone has signed a new deal at Atletico, so was it merely a double bluff from his representatives to move along those negotiations? Also, we were clearly in talks with Brands (his quotes suggest 2 years of talks), so you have to take into account his opinion and decision, perhaps he doesn't see Simeone as suiting our project?

In short, there are numerous reasons as to why this didn't happen, so there's really no need for the "wtf" disbelief response and the comment on Allardyce over him, as that's quite clearly far too simplistic a statement. 

That story is the first I've heard of anyone from his camp expressing any interest in joining us, so the rest of what you wrote I have no idea about and the article didn't mention it. I know we've had fanciful ideas of him joining us, but that's all I thought they were.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 02, 2018, 06:46:25 PM
Reply #154

Redartin

Makes me laugh that, they sacked him, why the fuck should they get any compo

Here is how Watford fans view it. Try from page 23 onwards.
http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/marco-silva-tapping-up-complaint.54573/page-24

If you are from Liverpool you may want to swerve this, some of the comments aren't very favourable.

June 02, 2018, 07:07:11 PM
Reply #155

Jamokachi

That story is the first I've heard of anyone from his camp expressing any interest in joining us, so the rest of what you wrote I have no idea about and the article didn't mention it. I know we've had fanciful ideas of him joining us, but that's all I thought they were.

Nah, it was pretty widely reported on.

June 02, 2018, 07:11:48 PM
Reply #156

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it was pretty widely reported on.

And that's fine, I just don't recall it.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 02, 2018, 08:47:16 PM
Reply #157

Bluedylan

Think it came from Prentice at the Echo.

June 04, 2018, 12:23:53 AM
Reply #158

Everton Mint

I'll state here and now that I dont think Silva is going to be the man for us and the huge rebuilding job required.

Hearing a lot of good things about him but something about his history tells me he's not going to be the long-term solution.

My money is definitely on 1-2 years max and then we'll be back to square one again. I just hope I'm totally wrong.

June 04, 2018, 12:25:57 AM
Reply #159

Bluedylan

I'll state here and now that I dont think Silva is going to be the man for us and the huge rebuilding job required.

Hearing a lot of good things about him but something about his history tells me he's not going to be the long-term solution.

My money is definitely on 1-2 years max and then we'll be back to square one again. I just hope I'm totally wrong.

You don't really get long term solutions anymore. They almost all do 2/3 years, if they get that far. Brands is the long term solutions guy.

June 04, 2018, 01:42:17 AM
Reply #160

Gash

Global Moderator
I can't remember more cases of "I hope he proves me wrong" than there has been over the last couple of weeks.

June 04, 2018, 05:13:48 AM
Reply #161

Bally

Administrator
Or Duncan Ferguson, well he has survived 4 managerial changes.
No
It's the roll I way

June 04, 2018, 02:20:40 PM
Reply #162

Macca77

Sorry lads, my dad says Silva is shite, we're shite, the whole club is shite and is going nowhere.

He's the bitterest blue you will ever meet by the way, proper old school bitter, his hatred for everything red is stronger than ever, he's supported Everton for over 65 years, but has fell completely out of love with them, proper fed up with all things Everton at the moment, never thought I'd hear him say that.

June 04, 2018, 02:39:33 PM
Reply #163

Toffee1

Joint press conference with Marcel Brands at 2pm today - be nice to hear what they have to say and hopefully, get some more positive news.

June 04, 2018, 03:45:53 PM
Reply #164

dangermouse

I heard a great comment about Silva this morning....

"He's a bit like Hitler really. The Germans didn't like him either...... but they came around in the end"
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes