September 19, 2019, 12:41:57 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 21843 times)

June 05, 2018, 04:00:39 AM
Reply #180

Cereal Killer

Any of those four teams successful ones by any chance?

Well 3 of them included promotion from the Championship, so possibly? Only one manager over 3 years in charge of a team whilst in the prem (Poch) and he hasn't actually won anything

June 08, 2018, 03:03:13 AM
Reply #181

Macca77

June 08, 2018, 04:33:01 AM
Reply #182

TheTone

Thought Gareth Bale was taller than that like

June 08, 2018, 07:20:33 PM
Reply #184

KoemansNumberTens

https://twitter.com/jammyp2/status/1005031801369300992

https://twitter.com/jammyp2/status/1005050548717047808

I have serious doubts that top end professionals we pay in millions share club secrets with random strangers and then pose for pics to legitimise their claims. If he wants a pic hes gonna share it and if hes sharing it hes sharing the secret that apparently came with it. Silva would have to be a genuine retard for this story to be true

June 08, 2018, 07:24:13 PM
Reply #185

Macca77

I have serious doubts that top end professionals we pay in millions share club secrets with random strangers and then pose for pics to legitimise their claims. If he wants a pic hes gonna share it and if hes sharing it hes sharing the secret that apparently came with it. Silva would have to be a genuine retard for this story to be true

Look at his smile though, its the smile of a man we can trust

June 08, 2018, 07:27:26 PM
Reply #186

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Keep the stubble please Marco.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 08, 2018, 07:43:00 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

It's know it's probably been written somewhere but has it been quoted how much he is being paid?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:37:31 PM by Lxxx »

June 08, 2018, 08:41:45 PM
Reply #188

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably it's probably been written somewhere but has it been quoted how much he is being paid?

Airport worker? Prob about 22k a year
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 08, 2018, 08:51:19 PM
Reply #189

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably it's probably been written somewhere but has it been quoted how much he is being paid?
Half what koeman was on
Simply simply lovely

June 08, 2018, 09:08:53 PM
Reply #190

Macca77

June 08, 2018, 09:11:16 PM
Reply #191

Bluedylan

One of the things noted about Silva by numerous journos who've dealt with him on the regular, is that he gives absolutely nothing away and is evasive when questioned. We saw an example of this when he was asked about the Watford stuff in his unveiling press conference. So nah, he's not telling some baggage handler who he's buying.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 08, 2018, 10:08:26 PM
Reply #192

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's know it's probably been written somewhere but has it been quoted how much he is being paid?

We have Brands and Silva for a million less than what fat Sam and Koeman were on. We're paying our management team more sensible wages. Now we must apply it to our playing staff too.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

June 08, 2018, 10:53:58 PM
Reply #193

kramer0

Fair play to Silva for accepting half of what our last two managers were on. I know his reputation has taken a hit recently but it would have been easy for him to point at those dinosaurs with their terrible ideas about how to play football and ask for parity (or something close).

As an aside, I like the fact that we're getting him at what might be considered a low point in his admittedly young career. It's extra satisfying to see a player or coach who's lost his way realize his potential at your club and hopefully that's how it'll play out for him here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:16:42 PM by kramer0 »

June 08, 2018, 11:13:49 PM
Reply #194

Toddacelli

Fair play to Silva for accepting half of what our last two managers were on. I know his reputation has taken a hit recently but it would have been easy for him to point at those dinosaurs with there terrible ideas about how to play football and ask for parity (or something close).

As an aside, I like the fact that we're getting him at what might be considered a low point in his admittedly young career. It's extra satisfying to see a player or coach who's lost his way realize his potential at your club and hopefully that's how it'll play out for him here.

Agreed. And I'm hopeful because I believe he will have better tools to do his job with at Everton.

Read that whichever way you like :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates