November 12, 2019, 02:47:44 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22928 times)

July 24, 2018, 11:59:51 PM
Reply #255

74Blue

I thought the common fayre or smells  were pickled herring and meatballs ....

While at goodison it was scouse pies and oxo in a cup you could smell.
I don't know where you're smelling scouse pies at Goodison. They stopped selling them when they switched to Wrights as the pie supplier. Used to love a decent scouse pie as well.
Ironically, the shite still sell them at the shithole, even though you'd struggle to find a fucking scouser in there.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:00:57 AM by 74Blue »

July 25, 2018, 12:00:26 AM
Reply #256

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Never had Scouse pie. Not even sure what it is.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 12:07:02 AM
Reply #257

74Blue

Never had Scouse pie. Not even sure what it is.
The scouse pies that they used to sell at the match aren't proper scouse. A big pan of proper homemade scouse cannot be replicatec or beaten. Chuck the leftover scouse in a bit of pastry and it's the food of winners.
If you ask anybody in Liverpool, they will always tell you that nothing can beat a pan of homemade scouse and that their ma's scouse is the best in the world.
It's really just a stew made from leftover vegetables and meat from the Sunday roast dinner. It's absolutely fucking awesome when it served with red cabbage or beetroot and a load of fresh crusty bread.

July 25, 2018, 12:08:24 AM
Reply #258

Bluedylan

The scouse pies that they used to sell at the match aren't proper scouse. A big pan of proper homemade scouse cannot be replicatec or beaten. Chuck the leftover scouse in a bit of pastry and it's the food of winners.
If you ask anybody in Liverpool, they will always tell you that nothing can beat a pan of homemade scouse and that their ma's scouse is the best in the world.
It's really just a stew made from leftover vegetables and meat from the Sunday roast dinner. It's absolutely fucking awesome when it served with red cabbage or beetroot and a load of fresh crusty bread.

Correct
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 25, 2018, 12:09:21 AM
Reply #259

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Sounds great.

Everybody over here always takes the piss out of British food, but there's a lot of it I really miss. Yorkshire puddings, proper roasties, bubble and squeak.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 25, 2018, 12:12:38 AM
Reply #260

KoemansNumberTens

so onion bhajis dont smell ? Piss doesnt smell ? but the mention of hotdogs is ok then ? Maybe if you try and look deeper and deeper some of our european cousins maybe offended too, ffs

Surely itís the suggestion that people who eat them are a lower class of person. Like people who piss themselves

July 25, 2018, 12:14:07 AM
Reply #261

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My mums meat to potatoe ratio in a pan of scouse is a disgrace tbh.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 25, 2018, 12:15:11 AM
Reply #262

Bluedylan

You could serve my mam's scouse in a Michelin star restaurant. It's the stuff of legend in our family.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 25, 2018, 12:16:14 AM
Reply #263

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My dad does the scouse in our house.

That and spag Bol, everything else is my maís territory.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 25, 2018, 12:16:54 AM
Reply #264

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Me dads scouse is immense
The Mrs scouse is grim
Simply simply lovely

July 25, 2018, 12:17:41 AM
Reply #265

74Blue

My mums meat to potatoe ratio in a pan of scouse is a disgrace tbh.

Well if your ma's scouse isn't the best in the world, that must make you a bad wool by default 😁

July 25, 2018, 12:17:50 AM
Reply #266

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds great.

Everybody over here always takes the piss out of British food, but there's a lot of it I really miss. Yorkshire puddings, proper roasties, bubble and squeak.

The nation that lives on steak, fried chicken and fries takes the piss out of British food?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:11:48 AM by Brownie »
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 25, 2018, 12:18:09 AM
Reply #267

blue slug

My mates uncles scouse is the only one Iíve had so have no comparison but I liked it

July 25, 2018, 12:18:45 AM
Reply #268

Macca77

My mums Scouse is amazing, she always makes an extra pan full and drops it off at mine, with loads of crusty cobs. Mines ok, when I can be arsed

July 25, 2018, 12:19:31 AM
Reply #269

blue slug

Outside Anfield on the other hand smells like yetis dick and cabbage water