September 24, 2018, 10:36:21 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 15666 times)

July 25, 2018, 03:08:54 AM
Reply #330

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yorkshire Pudding
Mushy peas
Black Pudding
Roast Beef(actually like this)
Fish and Chips
Steak and Kidney Pie
toad in the hole.

Yorkshire pudding is a garnish, not a dish, mushy peas are an accompaniment, Black pudding a componant of a full English breakfast, greatest in the world, Roast beef, yes we eat a lot of this, and it’s good.
Fish and chips, nobody does it better than the Sea Shell in Lisson Grove or Jules off Kensington High St,
served with a buttered bread roll and a bottle of Frascatti, steak and kidney pie, agreed a great English dish, toad in the hole, nice if you have quality sausages in it, but I equally enjoy a good boerawoerst off a decent Braai  in S,A.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:37:02 AM by Escla »

July 25, 2018, 03:12:54 AM
Reply #331

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd add onto what Con wrote above, bubble & squeak, Scouse has to be there too I guess :). Bangers & mash (yummy). I'll think of some more, it's been a long time.

Too long I think Blargs, the Lyons Cafe on Piccadilly Circus has long gone and the Wimpy went in 1976 😀

July 25, 2018, 03:14:35 AM
Reply #332

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We do have quality produce here (eg fish/ seas food - lots of the mussels, hake etc that you get in Spain is from here) just that much of it has slipped from people’s diets.

July 25, 2018, 03:15:44 AM
Reply #333

Bluedylan

I've really enjoyed this culinary argument. Not even being sarcastic.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 25, 2018, 03:20:06 AM
Reply #334

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We do have quality produce here (eg fish/ seas food - lots of the mussels, hake etc that you get in Spain is from here) just that much of it has slipped from people’s diets.

Am in Tenby at the moment, fresh dressed crab, Whole lobster less than £15 , just had a fresh caught mackerel in brown butter with Pembrokeshire new potatoes (ask Brownie, better than Jersey Royals all day long) and you are right, some of our best fish being served in France/Spain/Portugal.

July 25, 2018, 03:22:50 AM
Reply #335

eugene

Potted shrimp from west Kirby famous followed by an ice cream from parkgate

July 25, 2018, 03:22:59 AM
Reply #336

gizzblue

Yorkshire pudding is a garnish, not a dish, mushy peas are an accompaniment, Black pudding a componant of a full English breakfast, greatest in the world, Roast beef, yes we eat a lot of this, and it’s good.
Fish and chips, nobody does it better than the Sea Shell in Lisson Grove or Jules off Kensington High St,
served with a buttered bread roll and a bottle of Frascatti, steak and kidney pie, agreed a great English dish, toad in the hole, nice if you have quality sausages in it, but I equally enjoy a good boerawoerst off a decent Brie in S,A.

Just an fyi black pudding is way more than a breakfast thing .....I love it on salads sprinkled over ....but my absolute fave is smoked haddock fillet poached egg ,mushy peas and bury black pudding ....its awesome ...and certainly not just for breckie  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:24:16 AM by gizzblue »

July 25, 2018, 03:25:11 AM
Reply #337

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just an fyi black putting is way more than a breakfast thing .....I love it on salads sprinkled over ....but my absolute fave is smoked haddock fillet poached egg ,mushy peas and bury black pudding ....its awesome ...and certainly not just for breckie  :thumbsup:

Bury black pudding the best in the world ! Love it on a salad too with a soft poached egg, sounds great with the haddock, will try that.

July 25, 2018, 03:41:16 AM
Reply #338

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
served with a buttered bread roll and a bottle of Frascatti, steak and kidney pie, agreed a great English dish, toad in the hole, nice if you have quality sausages in it, but I equally enjoy a good boerawoerst off a decent Braai  in S,A.

Love a good braai. English breakfast is decent but not my fvourite
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 25, 2018, 03:43:28 AM
Reply #339

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Love a good braai. English breakfast is decent but not my fvourite

Actually a full Irish is better, includes all the English plus white pudding and potato pancakes.

July 25, 2018, 03:47:01 AM
Reply #340

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Turkish breakfast is a mad selection of salads, cheeses, eggs, sausages, olives, different jams bread etc.

July 25, 2018, 04:08:01 AM
Reply #341

Makis

Anyone who likes Indian, try Nepalese. I prefer it over Indian, Indian food is too often just about the curry whereas Nepalese food has more variety.

July 25, 2018, 04:17:39 AM
Reply #342

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who likes Indian, try Nepalese. I prefer it over Indian, Indian food is too often just about the curry whereas Nepalese food has more variety.

Your general Indian restaurant is usually homegenous - a bit like if you had a European restaurant and just picked one dish from each country and repeated the formula everywhere.

Certainly outside of London you don’t seem to see too many regional restaurants, although you do get some South Indian ones these days, but they provide much more variety than just “curry”.

July 25, 2018, 04:25:20 AM
Reply #343

Jamokachi

Didn't find it funny myself but it's one of them where you have to be a bit of a racist to detect anything racist in it. I certainly didn't. Piss, onion bhajis and hot dog water. How is that racist in any way shape or form?

You fucking what?

July 25, 2018, 04:26:27 AM
Reply #344

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Turkish breakfast is a mad selection of salads, cheeses, eggs, sausages, olives, different jams bread etc.

Indian breakfast is curry and puri. So delicious
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...