October 18, 2019, 10:31:38 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22448 times)

July 26, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Reply #405

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t think we have.

And don’t think the media will be interested once the season starts and there are plenty of real things to talk about so can’t see any pressure being raised that wouldn’t be there anyway.

They’re just saving face because they made a fuss and have now realised that they can’t get any money from it and don’t want to look like they’ve been cheaply fobbed off as part of the Richarlison deal.

Yeah agree, think it was actually a walk-back reading between the lines.

Not pursuing everton, happy to leave it to the league to handle.

I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if we got a point ban but I really can’t see it like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2018, 06:54:41 PM
Reply #406

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'd still finish above them if we did get a points ban.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 26, 2018, 10:35:12 PM
Reply #407

bluestevie

We've obviously done something very wrong here.

Apart from worse case scenario points deduction (which I doubt we’ll get) all this negative publicity heaps more pressure on Silva to be an instant success because the media and pundits will be jumping all over him/us and asking questions right from the start.

What is interesting is iirc the club media friendly journalists at the time were quick to distance Kenwright from the managerial hunt.

I get the impression you want us to be found wrong and Silva to be under pressure, might be wrong like but that's how it comes across
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

July 26, 2018, 10:48:23 PM
Reply #408

Ross

I get the impression you want us to be found wrong and Silva to be under pressure, might be wrong like but that's how it comes across

I get the impression you’re imagining things that aren’t there.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 26, 2018, 10:50:03 PM
Reply #409

gizzblue

If they get anything we should remind the fa about Pogba "grooming" lukaku last year  lolol

In the real world we will be absolved ....but the fa don't work in the real world at times .
Born not made a blue .

July 26, 2018, 11:20:24 PM
Reply #410

bluenuck

They've had 9 managers in 5 years, that tells a story itself.

We're right on pace for that... 5 in 3

July 27, 2018, 12:19:19 AM
Reply #411

Bluedylan

I suspect that we probably were a bit out of order in this matter. It has happened to us in other ways, getting bullied by bigger/richer clubs.

So then I suppose it comes down to a personal opinion whether you think we should rise above these things and not stoop to the level of some other clubs, or whether you think 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 27, 2018, 12:30:15 AM
Reply #412

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I still believe we have already been punished anyway. We had Fat Sam for several months. What more do they want?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 27, 2018, 02:18:30 AM
Reply #413

74Blue

I still believe we have already been punished anyway. We had Fat Sam for several months. What more do they want?
That would be a fantastic counter claim. We could demand that Watford re-imburse us for the fat cunt's pay-off due to them acting like complete twats when we decided we wanted their manager and forcing us to employ that fucking corrupt lard arsed gravy swigging bastard.

July 27, 2018, 11:57:39 AM
Reply #414

Jamokachi

If this had happened the other way 'round we'd be furious with Watford, and quite probably rightly so.

July 27, 2018, 01:14:40 PM
Reply #415

Nicco

If this had happened the other way 'round we'd be furious with Watford, and quite probably rightly so.
Happens all the time to our players. Lukaku to be the latest, soon it will Pickford and then Richarlison.

Just a shame it didnt happen to Allardice....
Jönköpings Södra IF

July 27, 2018, 03:45:04 PM
Reply #416

Macca77

July 27, 2018, 03:47:09 PM
Reply #417

Lazarou

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 27, 2018, 03:50:24 PM
Reply #418

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s a wind up.

Fucks sake macca.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 27, 2018, 03:52:32 PM
Reply #419

Lxxx

I'm sure they'll be warmly received. If they can direct themselves towards the lower Gwladys entrance where we have our hospitality welcome.