October 20, 2019, 06:01:08 PM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22512 times)

May 31, 2018, 09:23:09 PM
Read 22512 times

Waltzer

Honestly hope the trend of bringing players from previous positions doesn't happen here unless it is Richarlson or Dracoure. Can't stand to see another Martina, Robles, etc come with the manager because he is familiar with them

Cleverley looked okay at times too!! :)

May 31, 2018, 10:03:01 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

William Carvalho and Richarlison double swoop imminent

I dont get the Richarlison thing if im honest, they'd want an absolute fortune for him and when ive seen him play he hasnt looked particularly great. I get that hes still young, but it looks like he has a long way to go to make it to the top.

May 31, 2018, 11:59:11 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

First thing he needs to do is make Coleman captain. Jags had been great,  but it's time to move on. Love this article from Seamus

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/5/31/17413416/marco-silva-new-everton-manager-seamus-coleman-quotes-players-step-up-allardyce

July 29, 2018, 02:10:25 AM
Reply #3

Waltzer

I wasn't keen on Silva as manager in the first instance, but when appointed was happy to back him.

Personally I think him taking this job though is completely the wrong timing in where Everton are currently at, difficult to play the way he wants with many of these players who need shipping out. Maybe the Everton manager in three years time but not sure that time is now.

On the evidence of pre season results it's worrying, many of these players will be moved on in various transfer windows. I hope he gets given that time to get his own squad together which may be in 18 months/2 years time.
Think Silva will do well given the chance,  its to be seen whether he will be.  So far Moshiri hasn't shown much patience when things start to go wrong so it could be a difficult first 6 months for him.

July 29, 2018, 02:17:24 AM
Reply #4

Waltzer

I think over time he'll be a good manager, but we might have a bit of a rocky road, until him and Brands have got the squad a bit more suitable to the desired style of play. When I say 'rocky road' I don't mean anywhere near relegation. Probably around the Top 10, with some good results and maybe the odd shocker.
I think the next few days will determine how rocky and how close to the relegation zone we are,  if we went into the season as we are now I think its a long few months until January,  even worst than going in with no striker like last year.

July 29, 2018, 02:22:51 AM
Reply #5

Waltzer

We're an absolute shambles at the minute and look like conceding every time we're attacked. Some people's heads are buried in the sand if they think are current defensive options are PL standard. Just hope people don't jump on Silva and/or Brands too early as they're cleaning up someone else's mess. We need 4 or 5 players in and fast.
Need to find a Delorean and get them in weeks ago.

July 29, 2018, 02:33:28 AM
Reply #6

Waltzer

A lot of drama we've been poor pre season but it's not a relegation team. We'll still be comfortably top half because there's some fucking shite in the Premier league. A few signings and we'll make a decent fist of it.
I don't think we're a relegation candidate but it's surprising how quickly things can change. Fulham are on the crest of a wave,  made good signings on the face of it,  similar to wolves so newly promoted teams aren't the guaranteed strugglers as before, whereas we seem to be nearer the bottom of the wave and in a bit of a state.