October 17, 2019, 09:42:29 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 22423 times)

July 27, 2018, 03:53:37 PM
Reply #420

Macca77

Its a wind up.

Fucks sake macca.

I know mate, some of the replies though, they're marvelous.

July 27, 2018, 04:05:15 PM
Reply #421

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I know mate, some of the replies though, they're marvelous.

The one I liked was the about bringing Elton John along for a sing song.

July 27, 2018, 11:00:03 PM
Reply #422

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This is the same group of people who want their new stadium to have 51881 seats
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 29, 2018, 02:02:33 AM
Reply #423

indiantoffee1975

I wasn't keen on Silva as manager in the first instance, but when appointed was happy to back him.

Personally I think him taking this job though is completely the wrong timing in where Everton are currently at, difficult to play the way he wants with many of these players who need shipping out. Maybe the Everton manager in three years time but not sure that time is now.

On the evidence of pre season results it's worrying, many of these players will be moved on in various transfer windows. I hope he gets given that time to get his own squad together which may be in 18 months/2 years time.

July 29, 2018, 02:10:25 AM
Reply #424

Waltzer

I wasn't keen on Silva as manager in the first instance, but when appointed was happy to back him.

Personally I think him taking this job though is completely the wrong timing in where Everton are currently at, difficult to play the way he wants with many of these players who need shipping out. Maybe the Everton manager in three years time but not sure that time is now.

On the evidence of pre season results it's worrying, many of these players will be moved on in various transfer windows. I hope he gets given that time to get his own squad together which may be in 18 months/2 years time.
Think Silva will do well given the chance,  its to be seen whether he will be.  So far Moshiri hasn't shown much patience when things start to go wrong so it could be a difficult first 6 months for him.

July 29, 2018, 02:12:01 AM
Reply #425

Shogun

Administrator
There's not much he can do at the moment, just needs to hope Brands gets the deals over the line.

July 29, 2018, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #426

Bluedylan

I think over time he'll be a good manager, but we might have a bit of a rocky road, until him and Brands have got the squad a bit more suitable to the desired style of play. When I say 'rocky road' I don't mean anywhere near relegation. Probably around the Top 10, with some good results and maybe the odd shocker.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 29, 2018, 02:13:29 AM
Reply #427

GrantyBoy78

Just want to constantly repost that Silva prematurely balding meme.

July 29, 2018, 02:16:02 AM
Reply #428

Martip

I think over time he'll be a good manager, but we might have a bit of a rocky road, until him and Brands have got the squad a bit more suitable to the desired style of play. When I say 'rocky road' I don't mean anywhere near relegation. Probably around the Top 10, with some good results and maybe the odd shocker.
So many issues that it's impossible to rectify in one window. I reckon 12-18 months and we 'll start reaping the benefits.

July 29, 2018, 02:17:24 AM
Reply #429

Waltzer

I think the next few days will determine how rocky and how close to the relegation zone we are,  if we went into the season as we are now I think its a long few months until January,  even worst than going in with no striker like last year.

July 29, 2018, 02:20:45 AM
Reply #430

themilkycoffees

We're an absolute shambles at the minute and look like conceding every time we're attacked. Some people's heads are buried in the sand if they think are current defensive options are PL standard. Just hope people don't jump on Silva and/or Brands too early as they're cleaning up someone else's mess. We need 4 or 5 players in and fast. 

July 29, 2018, 02:22:51 AM
Reply #431

Waltzer

We're an absolute shambles at the minute and look like conceding every time we're attacked. Some people's heads are buried in the sand if they think are current defensive options are PL standard. Just hope people don't jump on Silva and/or Brands too early as they're cleaning up someone else's mess. We need 4 or 5 players in and fast.
Need to find a Delorean and get them in weeks ago.

July 29, 2018, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #432

eyesalwaysblue

A lot of shouts about Silva not having the players to play his way which may be true but he's not exactly a proven manager yet is he? could yet prove an awful choice, obviously very early days but first impression is he's a bit Koemanez..

I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 29, 2018, 02:25:22 AM
Reply #433

sam of the south

I agree with the last bit especially.

Fuck it, I actually agree with all of it, unfortunately.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 02:26:27 AM
Reply #434

Martip

True says