August 21, 2019, 01:55:48 AM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 15622 times)

June 03, 2018, 06:38:39 PM
Reply #120

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Feel like a broken record saying this but heís had 18 months in the first team and has shown rapid improvement, both physically and technically.

He had the best numbers last season regarding goal involvement and hardly played second half of the season.

Iím looking forward to seeing what he can offer next season when he doesnít have managers using him like Emile Heskey.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 03, 2018, 06:52:12 PM
Reply #121

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know much about him, but this is the type of signing I like us to make. Young with bags of potential. For the price quoted if he's that good, is a no brainer. Even if he doesn't get much game time this season, it's still an investment. If he's that good.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 03, 2018, 07:02:26 PM
Reply #122

Shogun

Administrator
Don't know much about him, but this is the type of signing I like us to make. Young with bags of potential. For the price quoted if he's that good, is a no brainer. Even if he doesn't get much game time this season, it's still an investment. If he's that good.

Even if it doesn't work out, at his age then you'll probably get half your money back in a few years at worst.
I never claimed to be a saint

June 03, 2018, 07:11:37 PM
Reply #123

Rodenplav64

Can’t even begin to get my head around the attitude some have to DCL.

Has been used appallingly so I agree with someones clean slate comment.

June 05, 2018, 11:08:47 PM
Reply #124

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 05, 2018, 11:38:39 PM
Reply #125

themilkycoffees

Canít even begin to get my head around the attitude some have to DCL.

I'm not against the lad at all but people on here do talk about him like he's had the impact Rashford had at United. People won't hear a thing said against him. He's not good enough for where we want to go, at this moment in time.

June 05, 2018, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #126

Macca77

DCL will be great when he's worked with a proper manager / coach, he'd be an England regular now if he played for one of the bigger boys

June 05, 2018, 11:55:35 PM
Reply #127

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not against the lad at all but people on here do talk about him like he's had the impact Rashford had at United. People won't hear a thing said against him. He's not good enough for where we want to go, at this moment in time.

Don’t think it’s a case of can’t slag him off just more - why would ya?

First season in the prem, played all over the shop by 3 different dinosaurs, is what 20? 21? And ended up our top assist maker with a few goals an all.

He’s a better all round player than Tosun imo, and the fact he’s so young just makes me absolutely scratch head at the attitudes some have for him.

Should he be starting? Probably not.

Will he be? Probably not.

Is he a talented youngster? Absolutely!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:24:31 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2018, 02:23:43 PM
Reply #128

Toddacelli

Donít think itís a case of canít slag him off just more - why would ya?

First season in the prem, played all over the shop by 3 different dinosaurs, is what 20? 21? And ended up our top assist maker with a few goals an all.

Heís a better all round player than Tosun imo, and the fact heís so young just makes me absolutely scratch head at the attitudes some have for him.

Should he be starting? Probably not.

Will he be? Probably not.

Is he a talented youngster? Absolutely!

Agree (would maybe argue about Tosun) - you don't lead the line week-in, week-out in the PL at that age unless you are a phenomenon like Rooney, Fowler, Kane etc.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 06, 2018, 02:52:25 PM
Reply #129

dunkster

DCL will be great when he's worked with a proper manager / coach, he'd be an England regular now if he played for one of the bigger boys

Sorry but that's going too far. He wouldn't have had a sniff of game time yet at the likes of city
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 06, 2018, 02:57:59 PM
Reply #130

di_guyo

Love the positivity and optimism, but not a chance in hell.
Everton & Atleti

June 06, 2018, 02:58:28 PM
Reply #131

Macca77

Sorry but that's going too far. He wouldn't have had a sniff of game time yet at the like a if city

Your missing my point, Solanke is a prime example of what happens when you play for so called bigger club, he's done nothing all season, and yet got called up to the England squad, DCL is a far better player and has done a lot more this season, but that doesn't seem to matter, what matters is who you play for

June 06, 2018, 03:16:13 PM
Reply #132

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

He will probably end up and Leicester with Mahrez heading towards Manchester. Good fit for him if so.

We can then get* Lozano, to play wide, with Sig in as more of a quarterback attacking central mid. With Walcott on the other side and Baines (for 1 more year) and Coleman overlapping, if we can add a mobile Defensive Mid who is good on the ball as well as off it, then our team is starting to take shape. I like Tosun, and with decent support I think he will get us a fair few goals, so I would sooner shore up our defence next. Be nice to get some business done early mind, but I think positivity is still in the air. I think THIS time, we are going to do it right. Brands is the key to a few things around the club I think, not just player chasing. Spoke to a big Hull fan yesterday, who really liked Silva and said he will unite our team and get them to play football, but he does air on the attacking side and is a bit of a risk taker against the big boys. BUT we all know how well we have done against the big boyz by being defensive and negative, so I say BRING IT ON!

*buy at the right price. But if held to ransom Lookman has to be given a shot this season.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:25:34 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

June 06, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
Reply #133

Ramjam

He will probably end up and Leicester with Mahrez heading towards Manchester. Good fit for him if so.

We can then get Lozano to play wide, with Sig in as more of a quarterback attacking central mid. With Walcott on the other side and Baines (for 1 more year) and Coleman overlapping, if we can add a mobile Defensive Mid who is good on the ball as well as off it, then our team is starting to take shape. I like Tosun, and with decent support I think he will get us a fair few goals, so I would sooner shore up our defence next. Be nice to get some business done early mind.
When did we sign Lozano?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 06, 2018, 03:23:37 PM
Reply #134

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Sigh. Of course we havent, Im saying we can then get him, as more of a wider player - like others, I prefer two wide men, and creativity in the middle, so we can buy him to play wide, rather than a Madisson to play more central, so Sig isnt playing wide left. Id prefer Sig in the middle, with better legs around him.

I will add a , for you.