October 23, 2018, 09:58:47 AM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 12285 times)

June 03, 2018, 12:22:40 AM
Reply #45

Rodenplav64

I have no idea why the guy you quoted even follows footy. Misery arse with about as much imagination as he has balls to take a leap of faith. 

Don't talk shite . 20 million is a massive amount of money especially if you waste it as often as we did last season .

June 03, 2018, 12:27:22 AM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

Don't talk shite . 20 million is a massive amount of money especially if you waste it as often as we did last season .

Nah mate. Youve made it clear that you just dont have the metal for it, so Id expect that youd bottle it when you saw a thread like this and then wade in with your astounding negativity.

June 03, 2018, 12:31:56 AM
Reply #47

Lxxx

Think the only time Ive seen him is when he played a wonderful ball for 1 of Englands youth teams last season. On that basis Im in

20m really is fuck all. We could sell him back to the championship for more than half that if he completely failed. 1 half decent season in the premier league and hed daftly be valued at double or even treble that.

Think were getting a bit flippant just because weve got a few quid. Weve got one of the biggest and costliest squads in the league but its pretty average in the main. Id like to see us get back to the days where we actually did a proper job on all our signings to see if theyre decent and good value, not just because theyre flavour of the month and we can afford it.

June 03, 2018, 12:34:58 AM
Reply #48

KoemansNumberTens

Well obviously given the assumption it would be wasted. 20m isnt a lot of a player though. Well without the assumption that they are shite

June 03, 2018, 12:49:59 AM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

Think were getting a bit flippant just because weve got a few quid. Weve got one of the biggest and costliest squads in the league but its pretty average in the main. Id like to see us get back to the days where we actually did a proper job on all our signings to see if theyre decent and good value, not just because theyre flavour of the month and we can afford it.

Im not suggesting we bid 20m for everyone. Just that if we think hes a top prospect 20 million isnt an outlandish amount in this market

June 03, 2018, 12:54:48 AM
Reply #50

Rodenplav64

I’m not suggesting we bid 20m for everyone. Just that if we think he’s a top prospect 20 million isn’t an outlandish amount in this market

To me its about looking at our squad and then weighing up whether 20m is a lot for an unproven Championship player . People saying on another thread we need to send half the squad including players we spent 10m plus on loan for more experience . We have now had 2 seasons of buying youngsters to fill out the under 21s . We need a Premiership ready first 11 right now so I don't think we need to further bloat the squad is all . Don't remember saying he was shite but hey ho .

June 03, 2018, 12:56:31 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you believe an attacking talent is available at that age and price then in my opinion you make it work.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:06:28 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 03, 2018, 01:09:48 AM
Reply #52

Juanito

Considering top quality full backs are going for 50 million then promising attacking midfielders for 20 sounds ok.

June 03, 2018, 01:11:15 AM
Reply #53

KoemansNumberTens

To me its about looking at our squad and then weighing up whether 20m is a lot for an unproven Championship player . People saying on another thread we need to send half the squad including players we spent 10m plus on loan for more experience . We have now had 2 seasons of buying youngsters to fill out the under 21s . We need a Premiership ready first 11 right now so I don't think we need to further bloat the squad is all . Don't remember saying he was shite but hey ho .

So regardless of how good we think he might become we should pass? We cant sign proven quality. Id hate for us to pass up the next generation of talent as well.
The problem with the young players we already have is that in the main they arent very good

June 03, 2018, 01:13:46 AM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Mate, weve spent the last two years spending millions on proven premier league players and look where thats got us.

June 03, 2018, 01:16:07 AM
Reply #55

blue slug

Yeah I dont see a problem spending 20m on someone who creates and scores and is young and English when we spend 24m on Schneiderlin and klaasen who offer nothing whatsoever

June 03, 2018, 01:22:59 AM
Reply #56

Rodenplav64

Yeah I dont see a problem spending 20m on someone who creates and scores and is young and English when we spend 24m on Schneiderlin and klaasen who offer nothing whatsoever

Your right hes boss sign him . Just out of interest how much money do people think we have ?

June 03, 2018, 01:26:36 AM
Reply #57

blue slug

Its not your money so dont worry about it, if hes been scouted and Marcel and silva want him Ill take there judgement over yours dude

June 03, 2018, 01:45:32 AM
Reply #58

Lxxx

Weve got more than enough potential in this squad. What we need are 2-3 players of the ability to walk straight into the 1st team and improve us from the off.

Weve got about 35 players in our bloated squad. We lack proper quality at the minute, much rather we spend all our cash this summer on players wholl make a difference not another punt on a player who might be ready in a few years.

June 03, 2018, 01:49:29 AM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

Weve got more than enough potential in this squad. What we need are 2-3 players of the ability to walk straight into the 1st team and improve us from the off.

Weve got about 35 players in our bloated squad. We lack proper quality at the minute, much rather we spend all our cash this summer on players wholl make a difference not another punt on a player who might be ready in a few years.

I just dont see all this potential. Weve got 1 young player who looks a decent bet to have the quality to play for 1 of the top sides. Weve got a load of other young players. Not sure any of them have done much to suggest they could go on to be great though