August 15, 2018, 07:39:05 PM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 10957 times)

June 03, 2018, 01:53:58 AM
Reply #60

Juanito

It would not be surprise to see Schneiderlin, Besic, McCarthy and Klasssen all leave within the next two windows. Young talent like him and Lookman in the same side in a few years time could be very promising.

June 03, 2018, 01:57:02 AM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s like the last two years of signing proven premier league players hasn’t happened.

June 03, 2018, 02:03:59 AM
Reply #62

KoemansNumberTens

It’s like the last two years of signing proven premier league players hasn’t happened.

Only way we are gonna sign great players is to sign unproven. Nothing to say this lad couldn’t come in and make an impact straight away and have good scope to improve too.

June 03, 2018, 02:04:19 AM
Reply #63

blue slug

Exactly all those midfielders besic Schneiderlin McCarthy and klaasen have done fuck all and all but besic around 20m each

June 03, 2018, 02:05:28 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

I just don’t see all this potential. We’ve got 1 young player who looks a decent bet to have the quality to play for 1 of the top sides. We’ve got a load of other young players. Not sure any of them have done much to suggest they could go on to be great though

In attacking midfield we have Klaassan, DCL, Davies, Vlasic, Dowell. In my opinion we don’t need another youngster who may not be able to contribute this season.
Any signing doesn’t have to be ‘proven premier league quality’ but having done it at a decent level would be nice.

Clearly he may hit the ground running and make me eat my words.

June 03, 2018, 02:16:50 AM
Reply #65

plumber

I wonder how many people who have opinion on him have actually watched him play.

June 03, 2018, 02:20:44 AM
Reply #66

blue slug

I’m just going off the opinion of those that have seen him play as I haven’t but how many of those saying we shouldn’t sign him have seen him play?

June 03, 2018, 02:21:17 AM
Reply #67

KoemansNumberTens

I wonder how many people who have opinion on him have actually watched him play.

I haven’t seen him play. Don’t have any opinion on him other than if we believe he’s got good potential then we shouldn’t pass on him because we’ve got DCL and Vlasic.
I’d rather roll the dice on 3 lookmans/Maddison’s than spend 45m on another sigurdsson. We’ll finish 7th forever signing what we can attract that’s proven

June 03, 2018, 02:24:00 AM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
In attacking midfield we have Klaassan, DCL, Davies, Vlasic, Dowell. In my opinion we don’t need another youngster who may not be able to contribute this season.
Any signing doesn’t have to be ‘proven premier league quality’ but having done it at a decent level would be nice.

Clearly he may hit the ground running and make me eat my words.

He’d be a big player for us next season.

He isn’t somebody who we’re going to sign and put him in the under 23’s/send out on loan.

I’m surprised at some of the stuff I’m reading here. I thought we were all in agreement that the whole transfer structure needs a shake up and players like Maddison are the types of player we should be looking at.

June 03, 2018, 02:26:33 AM
Reply #69

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 03, 2018, 02:32:40 AM
Reply #70

KoemansNumberTens

He plays some ridiculously good balls and the way he shifts it to get that first half a yard of space looks very impressive

June 03, 2018, 02:32:59 AM
Reply #71

plumber

I haven’t seen him play. Don’t have any opinion on him other than if we believe he’s got good potential then we shouldn’t pass on him because we’ve got DCL and Vlasic.
I’d rather roll the dice on 3 lookmans/Maddison’s than spend 45m on another sigurdsson. We’ll finish 7th forever signing what we can attract that’s proven

Yeah, I'm all for the good potential, but why do we believe in that? And why is he twice cheaper than Grealish? Or isn't he?

June 03, 2018, 02:34:15 AM
Reply #72

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've got some fat to trim from the midfield. Rooney and Besic for a start are likely to move on. There's room in the squad for a player of his ilk who can make an immediate impact but also is capable of improving

June 03, 2018, 02:35:03 AM
Reply #73

School of Science

So is this just unfounded rumours then ?   :)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 03, 2018, 02:35:46 AM
Reply #74

blue slug

We've got some fat to trim from the midfield. Rooney and Besic for a start are likely to move on. There's room in the squad for a player of his ilk who can make an immediate impact but also is capable of improving

Add Schneiderlin, klaasen and McCarthy to that list to