August 14, 2018, 01:45:13 PM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 10932 times)

June 03, 2018, 02:36:06 AM
Reply #75

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Is it just me or is he displaying in the vid what we all wanted Barkley to show a bit more of. Technique, composure and quick feet to beat a man, explosive pace to get away from them, direct running into the danger areas causing panic and mistakes from opposition, and a very varied range of passing and finishing throughout.

June 03, 2018, 02:36:09 AM
Reply #76

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I'm all for the good potential, but why do we believe in that? And why is he twice cheaper than Grealish? Or isn't he?

From what Iíve seen this lad is a more rounded player than Grealish. Plus 40mil is a ridiculous price tag for him.

June 03, 2018, 02:38:16 AM
Reply #77

blue slug

You can say why was rodwell more when moving to city than coutinho going from inter to the shite, I think we all no got the best deal

June 03, 2018, 03:10:05 AM
Reply #78

Bluedylan

You can say why was rodwell more when moving to city than coutinho going from inter to the shite, I think we all no got the best deal

Not sure what you're point is there. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it 'some deals are better than other deals?'
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 03, 2018, 03:12:07 AM
Reply #79

Cozzie

Not sure what you're point is there. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it 'some deals are better than other deals?'

I believe he meant to say "I think we all know who got the best deal" when referring to Coutinho moving for 8M and Rodwell 17M

June 03, 2018, 03:13:36 AM
Reply #80

blue slug

Yes basically someone mentioned is he better than grealish cos heís quoted at 40m, price doesnít mean everything as weíve found out on about 8 players in our current squad

June 03, 2018, 03:25:17 AM
Reply #81

Juanito

In attacking midfield we have Klaassan, DCL, Davies, Vlasic, Dowell. In my opinion we donít need another youngster who may not be able to contribute this season.
Any signing doesnít have to be Ďproven premier league qualityí but having done it at a decent level would be nice.

Clearly he may hit the ground running and make me eat my words.

I think championship is a decent level and he is not getting by on power and pace, itís skill, vision and pace, so I would like to have him here. Has a bit of Coutinho/Erikson about him. DCL and Davies arenít attacking midfielders and I think he seems like an upgrade on Dowell and Vlasic but I guess we wonít know. Looks promising though.

June 03, 2018, 03:38:16 AM
Reply #82

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Looks like a quicker version of Pienaar from that video, and on that basis at £20m would be an absokute steal.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 03, 2018, 03:39:55 AM
Reply #83

Lxxx

Heíd be a big player for us next season.

He isnít somebody who weíre going to sign and put him in the under 23ís/send out on loan.

Iím surprised at some of the stuff Iím reading here. I thought we were all in agreement that the whole transfer structure needs a shake up and players like Maddison are the types of player we should be looking at.

Like I said, I might be wrong and he might prove to be an immediate hit. I just think we have an overload of players in the attacking midfield position and there are probably 3-4 positions in more pressing need of immediate quality this summer.

June 03, 2018, 03:56:58 AM
Reply #84

Gash

Global Moderator
Like I said, I might be wrong and he might prove to be an immediate hit. I just think we have an overload of players in the attacking midfield position and there are probably 3-4 positions in more pressing need of immediate quality this summer.

Chances are we're going to clear out a fair few players over the summer and trim the squad so we'll probably end up getting rid of a couple of similar players.

It's a bit of money for someone in the Championship but that's the climate we're in, especially a Premier League team coming in for a young prospect. I've not seen him so don't know what he's like but he's very highly rated, some people just seem to put a negative on everything at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:58:23 AM by Gash »

June 03, 2018, 04:22:45 AM
Reply #85

Lxxx

Chances are we're going to clear out a fair few players over the summer and trim the squad so we'll probably end up getting rid of a couple of similar players.

It's a bit of money for someone in the Championship but that's the climate we're in, especially a Premier League team coming in for a young prospect. I've not seen him so don't know what he's like but he's very highly rated, some people just seem to put a negative on everything at the moment.

Like Iíve said, numerous times, I hope if he comes in heís a hit.

June 03, 2018, 04:29:59 AM
Reply #86

Gash

Global Moderator
Like Iíve said, numerous times, I hope if he comes in heís a hit.

Stop moaning about it then! ;)

June 03, 2018, 04:34:55 AM
Reply #87

youngysenior

Your right hes boss sign him . Just out of interest how much money do people think we have ?
Why are you worrying? it's not your fucking money.

June 03, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
Reply #88

Macca77

In what world is Grealish valued at 40 million? Ridiculous that

June 03, 2018, 04:40:00 AM
Reply #89

blue slug

In what world is Grealish valued at 40 million? Ridiculous that

Unfortunately this one 😆