October 14, 2019, 11:21:59 AM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 16801 times)

June 12, 2018, 02:35:36 AM
Read 16801 times

Paddockoldie

Just remember Coventry in the 80's for having my laces taken out by their police, who were mainly specials with no shoulder number just a crown... Nasty bastards too. Loved a kick off

June 12, 2018, 04:48:25 AM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Fuck me that was dark lad.

Anyway Maddison - good mates with our Dom isnít he, canít wait to see Bainesí arty pictures of him in a cafe in town, dressed in balenciagas and a retro footy top looking soulfully on as Davies catches Domís queen in a pincer movement.

LOL.. In terms of 80's darkness, Coventry was a bright light. My other memory was Latchford and Thomas ripping them a new arse at Goodison. They had a really bad kit too that night. The unstoppable duo.

June 12, 2018, 11:56:04 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

I was a proper tit back then, went to every away game, got ratarsed before the majority of them and ended up in bother. Newcastle was the worst for it, got kicked out twice there, both times just for swearing, the other time they wouldn't let me in cos I was bladdered, copper was great then though, told me to grab a coffee and come back, so I did, eventually let me in but I missed our first goal, Super Kev scored after 40 seconds, we ended up winning 3-1, Gemmell scored a screamer.

I might know you Macca77 as I went everywhere back then too. I went Newcastle one year.. We always seemed to play them around Christmas or New Year for some reason.. About 80 of us didn't have tickets and the police wouldn't let us in until someone suggested we all walk in to town and watch it in a pub.. They let us in after that. Mad days indeed.